A teeny weeny little bug thread for NATO

If they don't ride those mules into combat, then they are out of scope in the game. Not to mention that mules are meant for places like really desolate mountain areas, not a flat Syria where everything is accessible by vehicle.

I know there are stereotypes about germans, but that might have been sarcasm ; ), unless you're doing a double sarcasm lol.

Noticed this little thing, not sure if its occurs on any other veh.

Dutch G-Wagen.

The soldier in the back is holding his rifle but it's invisible

CMShockForce2010-10-2223-57-31-09.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm wrong, but the german mountaineers still use mules for resupply issues. Yet I'm not able to find them in the TOE. But even without them, they play quite differently to the other forces.

http://www.derwesten.de/leben/tierisches/Lasttiere-bei-den-Gebirgsjaegern-id379855.html

LoL I thought you were being snarky, but I clicked and hot damn, donkeys!

B ver of the 2nd mission of the Canadian Campaign (1st mission minor defeat, well done PT), 10 PLT HQ acquired 1 SPRAWW(M) launcher and it showed the unit had 8 HE ammo. Moved it midway across the map still mounted and now it shows 5. 11 PLT HQ acquired 1 launcher and an extra rocket and it originally showed 2, now it shows the unit has 6 HE ammo (haven't budged yet). My other HQ's that have launchers are correct. I have the save of 5/6 (mission 2b 006 for reference). Not sure if I have the 8/2, but can load up the other saves if needed.

Not sure if this is a bug ..... but it probably is: I managed to stick a Wiesal (?) inside a small 1-floor house. I thought that was a bit strange.

Also, I started 3 QB games as Cads and didn't have any units at all, 4th worked okay so I'm not sure what's going on. It was "tiny" on rough with armour, everything else was default.

Canadian SRAAW(M) is using the LAW firing sound. Carl Gustaf ("launcher smaw") firing sound would obviously be more appropriate. Likewise for the Gill: This missile has a soft launch feature and would be better sharing the Javelin firing sound file than the AT-4 sound.

Inappropriate sound assignments for most of the new sniper rifles, as well. The ones with suppressors should use the M110 sound. The rest should use the "gun rifle" sound. They all use SVD sound for some unknown reason. (Same for Brit L115 if I recall.) None of that requires adding new sounds. Throw the modders a bone please.

natobug.jpg

CMSF (USMC/UK/NATO) v1.30

WEGO (pbem)

Scenario: NATO 25km to Suran

German Sniper Team passing a wall at the point where the corner of the building behind the wall connects to it. I had just given a way-point inside the building from some distance.

I can deliver a saved file on demand.

Is the Gill/Spike ATGM supposed to fly for extended periods at the angle shown in the image below? This missle flew parallel to the ground appoximately 700m with its nose pointed skyward. Is this an accurate depiction of the Spike's flightpath?

gilll.jpg

If you pull back and raise the camera angle a second, more suitably oriented, jet of flame appears above the missle. It seems the missle's flight characteristics are not being animated properly.

gill2.jpg

As a lark...

Given that Steve noted it is an easy fix, is there any chance the Canadian Combat Engineers will be assigned their demo charges in the stand-alone v1.30 patch to be released in the coming days? If needed, perhaps a possible correction to the Gill's flightpath animation too?:)

Canadian SRAAW(M) is using the LAW firing sound. Carl Gustaf ("launcher smaw") firing sound would obviously be more appropriate. Likewise for the Gill: This missile has a soft launch feature and would be better sharing the Javelin firing sound file than the AT-4 sound.

Inappropriate sound assignments for most of the new sniper rifles, as well. The ones with suppressors should use the M110 sound. The rest should use the "gun rifle" sound. They all use SVD sound for some unknown reason. (Same for Brit L115 if I recall.) None of that requires adding new sounds. Throw the modders a bone please.

Ahhhhh can't wait for your sound mod :D

Modification to my original suggestion regarding the Canadian Carl Gustaf sound: it should share the "launcher m136 at4" sound file.

The Nyala with the manned turret is using a .50 cal M2 3D model but the game seems to think it is a GPMG. Also, the turret gunner does not respond to cover arc orders (always faces forward unless engaging).

hi

there are a thing with my m1 tanks, when i ordre them to fire light the fire the main gun now after i install nato

ohter seen that ?

Hmmm. Now I think about it, my German infantry squad fired off a panzerfaust at a target I'd given them a Target Light area fire order to. The target was infantry in a building (showing as an '?'), but I thought Target Light meant small arms only?

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but:

So there are two flavors of German PzG rifle section (squad). One has the MG3 machinegun and one has the MG4 machinegun.

When you "split squads" with an MG3-equipped section, the MG3 goes into a two-man team and the four remaining soldiers (all with assault rifles) make another team. That seems correct: the MG3 can provide cover for the four-man team as it moves forward.

Splitting a MG4-equipped section, however, gives you a two-man team with assault rifles and a four-man team that includes the MG4. This seems wrong. Shouldn't the MG4 be in the support position?

I could have sworn the radio issue happened to me in one of the other modules. But I didn't think about it.

Tiny error, the NATO German mech vs Syrian mech scenario has two issues. Germans start outside their deployment zone, and in the briefing it says Canadian casualties instead of German.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but:

So there are two flavors of German PzG rifle section (squad). One has the MG3 machinegun and one has the MG4 machinegun.

When you "split squads" with an MG3-equipped section, the MG3 goes into a two-man team and the four remaining soldiers (all with assault rifles) make another team. That seems correct: the MG3 can provide cover for the four-man team as it moves forward.

Splitting a MG4-equipped section, however, gives you a two-man team with assault rifles and a four-man team that includes the MG4. This seems wrong. Shouldn't the MG4 be in the support position?

What's even more wierd is that the MG4 squad has two anti-tank members, and when you split the squad, the two-man team has one of the anti-tank guys but it's the one without the panzerfaust, yet when you split out an assault team, the assault team (3 men) includes the guy with the panzerfaust. Splitting out a two-man AT team has both AT members in it.

For the MG3 squad, splitting out an assault team leaves the panzerfaust with the support team (with MG3).

Hi Lethaface

The Dutch radio thing has been noted (several times :D) and will be addressed I am absolutely 100% sure :)

I have played many Dutch scenarios and to be perfectly honest, this didn't effect the outcome nor overal game-play for me.

Should be good for the next patch I reckon.