Target order

Hi guys,

Im playing turn-based SF campaign in elite difficulty.....And have a couple of questions:

- How can I give an "area target" order to only fire 1 or 2 rounds instead of keeping firing and waste valuable ammo till the end of the turn?

- How can i give an order to my soldiers to get in the striker, aquire ammo, and dismount, all of this in the same turn?

Im having a hard time trying to figure out those kind of orders in turn-based battles.

TY.

Hi guys,

Im playing turn-based SF campaign in elite difficulty.....And have a couple of questions:

- How can I give an "area target" order to only fire 1 or 2 rounds instead of keeping firing and waste valuable ammo till the end of the turn?

- How can i give an order to my soldiers to get in the striker, aquire ammo, and dismount, all of this in the same turn?

Im having a hard time trying to figure out those kind of orders in turn-based battles.

TY.

1) what you can do is, give a movement order, then select the waypoint, give a target order and a short pause order (10-20 seconds), then another movement order (this can be a very small one) + a face order

this way your tank will go the first waypoint, shoot and after 20 seconds go the second waypoint and stop shooting because of the face order

2) this can't be done in one turn

1) what you can do is, give a movement order, then select the waypoint, give a target order and a short pause order (10-20 seconds), then another movement order (this can be a very small one) + a face order

this way your tank will go the first waypoint, shoot and after 20 seconds go the second waypoint and stop shooting because of the face order

2) this can't be done in one turn

1) thats a nice tip!

2) these kid of limitations kill the turn base experience....

Any other tips for a newbie?

Thanks.

go to tactics section of the forums and read the sticky threads there, there you would have learned about No.1 and more.

about No.2, the game was not designed around WEGO but RT and you feel in at all corners and ends of the game.

in case of acquire, make sure to load up the soldiers with all they need in setup phase so you save the hassle later on.

Here's one more question....

- Can I see vehicle penetrations in the replay phase, just like the old CM titles?

What do you mean? Like actually see the vehicle hit or getting a detailed penetration message...?

Mord.

Ahh, nope CMSf doesn't have that...but it does have the damage display down in the mid right of the UI...It's the shield tab...that'll tell you what is damaged as long as you didn't go boom. Won't tell you anything about the enemy though, unless you are playing in basic mode...

Mord.

No, that's gone.

That was never in, was it? It told you where the hit landed and that was it.

Upper Hull Partial Penetration
And nothing more.

That's why I'm a big advocate of hull decals. Theatre of War used it to great effect for years now, and World of Tanks has it too. Just so enjoyable seeing a a tank with a great big hit marker on it. Or one peppered with smaller ones.

You can inspect a tank and match hits with internals that are destroyed.

That's why I'm a big advocate of hull decals. Theatre of War used it to great effect for years now, and World of Tanks has it too. Just so enjoyable seeing a a tank with a great big hit marker on it. Or one peppered with smaller ones.

You can inspect a tank and match hits with internals that are destroyed.

Agree. The damage details in TOW are very nice.

i dont know how many ppl here played T72 - Balkans on Fire. it showed penetration vectors in different colours for different shelltypes and different lenth depending on how deep the penetration was. if it went right through the vector was going through the whole vehicle.

i would love to see this in CMx2 at some point so you can look up everything at the end of the battle in great detail.

the hit texts from Cmx1 are really missing for me too, id love to see them at least for penetration and partial penetrations.

a ricochet is pretty obvious in CMx2 as it was in CMx1, so its not needed to display the obvious.