New NATO Videos

Thomm

OH man! I am loving all those vehicles...specially the German stuff...and they are all so beautifully dirty! Love dirtied up units. Can't wait!

I wanted them to have even more dirt actually, but in the end decided that was enough.

One thing I liked when I started research for vehicles was that so many vehicles in Afghanistan were still painted green. That was very cool, because the dirt and sand look so much better on them than on the tan painted vehicles.

I figure if the forces in Afghanistan didn´t have the time to paint all their vehicles in desert colors the same could have happened in our fictitious war in Syrian.

This sure adds a lot of variety and a sort of authenticity to the scenarios.

Of course, people will be able to mod this to whatever cammou they want.

-

They look really nice. It adds a lot of character to them.

I am not much of a fan of the desert paint schemes...didn't much like them on the German stuff in CMAK...I do like them on some of the Brit stuff though, in CMSF....Nice to have a mix, anyways...the green will look really cool.

Great stuff man! I am really pumped to get this module.

Mord.

Yeah, I love having different nations to play with...I was probably one of the few people that thought the Hungarians and Romanians were really cool in CMBB. My brother is a USA! USA! dude when it comes to wargaming, but me...I dig it all. I find the obscure and exotic infantry and equipment as fascinating as the sexy, popular stuff. Plus it gives me a chance to learn which opens new doors of interest.

Gonna be one helluva a gaming year! NATO, Afghanistan and WWII...Bring on the cold weather and snow!

Mord.

What we should all be doing is bitching like little girls that there were no Tiger Tanks posted in the German Forces video! Can you believe there were NO TIGER TANKS?!!! BFC sellout every chance they get!

Mord...(Uber Groupie)

P.S. I just got me a new ASL module centered around Luftwaffe button camo...anybody wanna come in the bathroom with me? We'll turn off all the lights and take turns touching it.

What we should all be doing is bitching like little girls that there were no Tiger Tanks posted in the German Forces video! Can you believe there were NO TIGER TANKS?!!! BFC sellout every chance they get!

Mord...(Uber Groupie)

P.S. I just got me a new ASL module centered around Luftwaffe button camo...anybody wanna come in the bathroom with me? We'll turn off all the lights and take turns touching it.

Mord.... are we watching you go through the menopause?

Yeah, I love having different nations to play with...I was probably one of the few people that thought the Hungarians and Romanians were really cool in CMBB. My brother is a USA! USA! dude when it comes to wargaming, but me...I dig it all. I find the obscure and exotic infantry and equipment as fascinating as the sexy, popular stuff. Plus it gives me a chance to learn which opens new doors of interest.

Mord.

Dido on that. It is the same for me. I really loved playing CMBB and it was just a joy to play Romanians, Hungarians, Italians, Finnish forces. It gave me a good appreciation of the different TO&Es with respect to their strengths and weaknesses. It was interesting to say the least in trying to leverage those strengths in trying to win agains a more powerful Russian force.

In CMSF series, I really enjoy playing the Syrians and trying to utilize tactics in order to stem a Allied force victory. Most times I get my ass kicked but I have a great time and learn a thing or two as well.

What we should all be doing is bitching like little girls that there were no Tiger Tanks posted in the German Forces video!

It's not little girls who bitch about the absence (or presence) of Tiger tanks in wargames, but rather troglodytic middle-aged men who do that. :P

Besides, the Leopard 2A6 is the Tiger tank of today. ;)

Besides, the Leopard 2A6 is the Tiger tank of today.

So other modern western tanks are Pershing equivalents, and Pershing was better tank than a Tiger. :cool:

;-)

PS. I'm serious, M26 was a better vehicle (better armored, designed), Tiger was crappy design, still good when there was no answer from Allies.

And this is all from tank maniac. ;-P

Damian, you just don't know nothing about tanks! They tell you it's all about armour, speed and weaponry. While actually it's all about aura and coolness!

So its simply a fact that the Tiger tank was the best ever! :D

"Pershing" sounds like an Italian olive press or something. You know you messed up when you don't even get the name right...

Besides, the Leopard 2A6 is the Tiger tank of today. ;)

So other modern western tanks are Pershing equivalents, and Pershing was better tank than a Tiger. :cool:

So the Leopard 2A6 is prone to breakdowns, is underpowered, is only effective against comparatively obsolescent tanks, and is too expensive to produce in sufficient numbers? Well, ya learn something every day. :P

In any case, my original comment about the Leopard 2 was not some sort of thinly veiled attempt to start a "which is the best MBT in use today?" argument. It was merely a joke! :o

And this is all from tank maniac. ;-P

I should have known better than to make any statement (however jestfully) about any modern tank....

Hehe don't worry, I was also joking. ;-P

So the Leopard 2A6 is prone to breakdowns, is underpowered, is only effective against comparatively obsolescent tanks, and is too expensive to produce in sufficient numbers? Well, ya learn something every day.

Nah, but yeah, there was slightly more than 3000 Leo2's produced (compare this to over 10000 M1 tanks or 8000 T-80 series), and it's not armored as Germans wish for, and protect crew on the level of soviet tanks against ammo cook-off's, in other things it is very good vehicle.

I should have known better than to make any statement (however jestfully) about any modern tank....

I have some good sources. ;-)

EOT gentlemen.