About to have a pinecone....

Pinetree

Hey all, I just got a call from the missus telling me that she's going to be induced tonight so I'm about to head over to the hospital and let the fun begin. It's a month earlier than we expected but she's got pre-eclampsia so bubs has got to come out. I'm a first-time dad and , admittedly, scared sh!tless, :D as we thought we had another month to prepare but what the hell, it's happening. Pretty f**kin' surreal..:eek: I'll let you all know how it went.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new, currently being sponsored, but would like to play some other's too. Anyone interested. Where should I post a request? New to all of this. Any help?

What in the hell is dash talking about? :confused:

Edit: Looked at his previous posts, new CMBO player looking for opponents, oops wrong thread/forum. lol :D

I'm new, currently being sponsored, but would like to play some other's too. Anyone interested. Where should I post a request? New to all of this. Any help?

Looks like Pinetree will have an opponent for you in about, oh, I don't know, 16, 17 years?

Gratz Pinetree. insert an off color joke about sap, squirrels, nuts or random forest flora

Hopefully everything went right! Perhaps you even found a spot to cry from happiness without any nurse or anybody interfering.

Top of the head first days advice:

a) Try to spend as much time as possible at the hospital and try to learn as much as possible there. It is easier to be taught by a pretty nurse than a pissed-off, sleepless mother.

B) The worst day ever will come when you take your baby home and you have nobody to handle things for you anymore. Be prepared. Do not count on the now-grandparents, either, because they forgot everything.

c) Try to help as much as possible, and do not expect anything in return (it may turn out differently for you, I wish you the best).

Medium-term advice: I spent five months with my now two-year old daughter while my wife started to work full-time again, and I can tell you that it is damn exhausting, way more so than sitting in an office. Perhaps you are more convinced when you hear it from another man. So do not wonder why your wife is at your throat every evening. This is completely normal. Again, perhaps your wife has better nerves than mine (or myself).

Either way, don't be afraid. You will experience wonders that will make your previous life look pale and pointless ...

Best regards,

Thomm

Hope everything turned out okay. I didn't really know anything about preeclampsia, so your post prompted me to look it up. It sounds a bit scary so it is good that the docs jumped on it in time. Care for preemies has greatly advanced in the last few decades, so should be no worry there. Anyway, have fun in the piney woods. I expect that many adventures lay ahead of you.

:)

Michael

Hey all, thanks for all your kind comments, I've just got back from the hospital, I have a daughter:D ,she was born at 1030 pm weighing 4 lbs 10 oz but all is good. She's already breast-fed and she came out yelling her little head off.:D

They've got her in intensive care just because she's small.After 4 hours of labour, She came out so fast, 2 contractions between crowning and full delivery.I literally blinked and she was out.

Amazing day and the Mrs took the labour pains like a trooper. She got an epidural near the end though, she was absolutely knackered. She's now walking around. We're both still in shock, very surreal... Oh, and it was her birthday as well, so now I have 2 birthday presents to get on 24 November.

Amazing day and the Mrs took the labour pains like a trooper. She got an epidural near the end though, she was absolutely knackered. She's now walking around. We're both still in shock, very surreal... Oh, and it was her birthday as well, so now I have 2 birthday presents to get on 24 November.

But it's very convenient, now you only need to remember one date and you also only need one birthday cake. :D So congratulations!