About to have a pinecone....

Pinetree

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinetree, be warned: that is exactly what you are going to have to make do with for the next couple of years. ;)

LOL, I might be in luck though, she want's another one as quick as possible...:D

That's why a man should get a mistress about the time his wife gets pregnant. It's called planning for the future.

That wouldn't work for me, I'm a crap liar and the missus said she would cut my old fella off. Which would kind of defeat the purpose but I'm not arguing with her, I'd be wrong anyway..

Here's a pic of some ugly mug with a beautiful little girl..

p1010113.png

LOL, I might be in luck though, she want's another one as quick as possible...:D

That wouldn't work for me, I'm a crap liar and the missus said she would cut my old fella off. Which would kind of defeat the purpose but I'm not arguing with her, I'd be wrong anyway..

Here's a pic of some ugly mug with a beautiful little girl..

p1010113.png

Looks nice and all, but... you know, you could improve it a bit. Get her ear piercings and diamond ear rings. It's never too early! (A Finnish trash celebrity couple just did this to their 2.5 week old daughter and I have to vent.)

Changed my first nappy last night,it's still all meconium so at least it doesn't smell. It's a bugger to get off though, it took me so long to wipe it off her that another bubble of the stuff popped out as was almost finished. And she peed, lol.

Yep, surprisingly beautiful for a newborn!

Perhaps some high-school pictures of the mother would be worth posting, hehe.

LOL, there's other websites for that, I think they even throw screen wipes for free with your subscription..

Hehe, BTW, the missus thinks what you wrote was cute.:D

Changed my first nappy last night,it's still all meconium so at least it doesn't smell. It's a bugger to get off though, it took me so long to wipe it off her that another bubble of the stuff popped out as was almost finished. And she peed, lol.

You have a loooong way to go before the real stink starts (digested meat!).

But there is salvation: the smells rise almost perfectly vertical into the air. Thus, the "cone of nausea" can be avoided quite easily by keeping your head sideways from the VLOS (vertical line of stink.)

Best regards,

Thomm

Indeed. Although, weirdly, I found that the smell when changing nappies wasn't all that offensive anyway. Changing *other* people's kids is, but somehow your own are ok. I guess it's sorta like how your own farts don't stink.

Or sumfink.

Well, my daughter is out of NICU (intensive care) and in the ward with the missus, so everything is going great. I'm looking forward to not having to commute to the hospital every day after work.Luckily Wellington is a pretty compact city so it's not too far.Traffic can be a pain though.

We're also lucky that that my missus is a nurse there so I can use staff parking and she get's a little bit of preferential treatment by getting her own room.She can also use her swipe card to come and go as she pleases.

But there is salvation: the smells rise almost perfectly vertical into the air. Thus, the "cone of nausea" can be avoided quite easily by keeping your head sideways from the VLOS (vertical line of stink.)

Best regards,

Thomm

Hehe, I used to be a farm shepherd and I've been a fishmonger.Poo's fine, the only smell that gets to me these days is vomit.

belated congrats Pinetree. If any of your friends ask what they can do to help, ask for meals ready made (lasagne, pies, casseroles, anything that you can just reheat). This saves time like nothing else and you'll need that time - for sleep.

Cheers

Thanks mate, I've been told that by a few people, so it must be good advice.

Before the nappies hit the ventilation agree a schedule.

You sleep the nights and you let her sleep when you get home from work. Or alternatively you are up from 1800 hrs until 0100 hrs and the missus is up from 0100 until morning. No point in both of you getting (too) tired at the same time.

Well, we've just come back from 5 days of residing at the NICU,(thats Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit for you acronym bunnies), bub's tummy was getting larger for no apparent reason so they re-admitted her and put her on IV fluids.

Missus and I stayed in one of the rooms that they have there for parents so we could be close.It wasn't too bad, they have a kitchen, tv room and the like, but our room had no window so it could feel pretty repressive at times.No internet but I borrowed my nephew's laptop and loaded a couple of games on it and mostly played Armada 2526 to keep me sane. Great game BTW.

We were lucky that we had the missus' keycard to get in and out of the hospital, so if i wanted to go outside for some fresh air in the wee small hours I didn't have to worry about going through the security exit.Which is on the other side of the hospital.

They still haven't a damn clue why she blew up like that and it seems to be happening again but we're hoping we don't have to back for another stay. If we do I'm making sure we get a room with a bloody window, I'll go nuts otherwise.

It's 0230 in the morning, bubs still hasn't settled, she's due for a feed at 4 but I fed her about 30 mins ago as she was giving me the hungry signs and I was hoping it might get her sleepy enough but, alas,no joy. The missus is in bed and I'll join her after 4 then she takes over for the 8 o'clock feed.I'm bloody knackered and I'm really glad I'm not back at work yet, but all I have to do is look down at my tiny daughter to make me smile and to just get on with it.

Perhaps some high-school pictures of the mother would be worth posting, hehe.

That would be easier on the eye than looking at dad! ;)

Congrats Pinetree, grab all the sleep you can mate before they come home 'cause you're going to miss it afterwards for a few months.

Cute baby. I'm sure it'll work out fella.

The best thing I can add is that you've got to realise that sleeping is a skill that your little girl has to develop. Sleep and wakefulness is a bit of a grey area for them initially. Give her time to learn how to do it. Routine is absolutely essential. Do the same things at the same time, get agreement from your Mrs on the best times and you’ll find it works out so much easier for everyone.

Our second daughter loved being dolly pegged, when you wrap a blanket around them so they basically can’t move. It sounds a bit cruel but it’s really just what they were used to in the womb and makes them feel secure. We’d dolly peg her and she slept for ~6 hours almost straight away.

I've got two daughters and it really is the best thing ever.