Only post here if you are happy!!!!!

Quote from Moon

Nothing is mentioned about printed manuals or DVD boxes either.

It wasn't clearly stated that you would not receive these either as you showed a DVD style box not a jewel case but you forgot to mention that in the particular quote so that it would appear that we are all at fault.

If you are going to apportion blame then state all the information instead of posting on that which favours your side.

By locking the threads you have only proven to the unhappy people that you really do not care. You didn't like the way it was going so it was easy to lock up and threaten with warnings and expulsions if the issue is brought up again. Only post here if you are happy and we are the greatest. Bordering on tyrant.

Please confirm that I and others who are unhappy can return by hardgoods for a full refund as what your advert shows is not what you will receive.

Please confirm that I and others who are unhappy can return by hardgoods for a full refund as what your advert shows is not what you will receive.

Why do you want to return it? Do you not enjoy the game play?

I’m the type of gamer that just enjoys the content of the game and gripe when that is foul. Out of all the growing pains that this game has gone through I would think that a fancy cover would be the least of the gripes.

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve looked at the manual and there’s nothing in there that would warrant any study if you’ve played CMSF before. The only difference is the different equipment our brothers across the pond use. And that takes about ten minutes of reading the PDF manual to see.

So I’m happy with the game and am indifferent about a fancy cover and manual. The only thing I can kind of see is maybe a cheaper price for the striped down version. I paid $45 USD all said and done, which if they included direct download and just the disk for $25 and $10 for shipping for a total price of $35 would sound better.

I do see your point in paying the same price for the Marines and not getting the fancy extras but I do not think that would warrant a refund.

There the internet judge has made his decision no further debate needs to take place.

Im happy as a kid with a lollypop, cant get betther then this.

I think, just because of this imature bitching I will go buy the british module in a hardcopy, just because (i bought downloaded) and I will post on how happy and pleased I am over the CD when it arrives.

Happy as a bunny with BFCs policys, they are bringing me a great game, who gives a f*ck in what form it comes?

/Thomas

Joe, please, calm down. You are throwing a tantrum with all this and it's not constructive stuff anymore, man. Already, three different threads ago, you could read this:

Originally Posted by Moon

Anyway, I am sorry if the image and the text were misleading to some. You will see this kind of "box-shot" for pretty much all our releases going forward, regardless of the actual package. But I will make sure to be more clear about what the hardgoods include in the future.

That's totally fair for me: they apologized for any "fault" they could have done with the advertisement and they will try to make it better next time. Joe, to err is human, nobody is perfect, and to write that proves they really care a lot about us, their customers. Some of us that we asked for the hard copy we had expectations, of course, specially after getting the stunning Marines module with DVD style box and manual, but please, don't make a world out of it. Today I got my mail copy of British Forces and I tell you: I'm as happy as a boy in Christmas Day. Because for me, more than covers and manuals (and still some of us really enjoy to refer to a nicely printed manual, not digital media), at the end the main point is the game/module itself. And that's a very well done work. For refunds and such things, there is a customer service to help you. Here in the forum, now you are just venting your anger with no purpose, Joe, because all the points have been already said, and more than once. It may be time to start enjoying the game ;)

The mind boggles. You are upset and asking for a refund because you got a jewel case, not a DVD case? That's not normal.

Also, a thread being closed is not an invitation to continue it in a new one. Wasn't Moon specifically warning not to do this? I'm getting the impression you are spoiling for a fight. That's not one you are going to win.

I need no Tarot cards to read the omens: Trouble ahead.

I did not receive a buffing set for my disk. I wasn't promised one, but I read between the lines, and understood I would get one.

The disk has now has lost it's sheen when I stare at it by the window. Turning it over and over in my hands when I first got it in the mail, I would temporarily blind myself. You see, this is my only opportunity for "fun" or a "high".

I understand this is the only use for this item. I can't seem to see the pictures from your webernets inside the disk, no matter how hard I gaze.

Errrrr! I am enraged. Crazed hyena enraged.

While Id like to point out that I dont agree with it, the guys initial disappointment was that all he received by mail was a disk in a crappy jewel case that 'He' could have burned himself.

He then stated that this was not what was received when the Marines module was ordered in hard copy.

Personally, I would never buy the hard copy mail order unless I was on a stand alone PC in Ulan Bator. However I can understand his frustration at both his expectation of what he got as to what he thought he was getting and his subsequent treatment by certain forum elements.

All in all, a sort of 'Storm in a teacup' as it were.

While Id like to point out that I dont agree with it, the guys initial disappointment was that all he received by mail was a disk in a crappy jewel case that 'He' could have burned himself.

He then stated that this was not what was received when the Marines module was ordered in hard copy.

"The guy" wasn't joebloggs, as he mentioned in another thread that he has not yet received his hardgoods. It was someone else.

As far as I can see there is one person with a cracked jewel case (and a legitimate complaint about that) and one or two other people spread across a couple of threads who voiced their complaint that they thought they were getting a DVD box.

All of this is a very interesting lecture about how an internet forum works at times.

Maybe you should just merge all the CD threads into one?

There are only two actually, not counting this one. But you know what, a merging of certain threads is not a bad idea. The forum software we're using is able to merge threads as far as I know, andit may help keeping things in perspective. Maybe we should make that a forum policy in the future.

Oh, that post shows capitalist surfeit. :D You guys really should try Russian "service". We have every Shock Force title in above-mentioned jewels. However I don't mind it, it's not the worst thing. All Russian SF players still sit on 1.10 and all our complains are simply ignored on the forums of 1C company or by their tech support. And nobody speaks any word about refunding. :D

That's either real cute or real disgusting......

Playing CMSF, Puppy in my lap, Amberbock in my hand, Chinese on the counter, wife away for the weekend, kids staying overnight at friends house and an e-mail popping up on my screen that says CM: Normandy is realeased in time for Christmas....