Normandy Game

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I am thinking something was being discussed about the game.

But no, just another day at the zoo.

I needed this game to be out yesterday.

I think the original plan was before Xmas this year, which has slipped to sometime next year now.

My prediction is around June 10, possibly to co-incide with the Normandy landing anniversary. Before then though we might have the CMSF NATO module.

The general German R&D was probably more productive per men any other of the nations, perhaps Japan could come close. Ofcourse there are areas where other nations excelled, like for example the russian T34, but the Germans were quick to copy and excel.

The Germans R&D work was a perfect example of the military complex run mad. It was huge, highly compartmentalized and one group didn't know what the other was working on. Massive resources were poured into it with often dubious returns beyond making small groups wealthy. There is a study called amazingly "German Research in World War II" put together as the war closed and the US war over-running Germany. It reviews the status of their research. To sum it up, they're a good example of how not to do R&D.

Jeff

The Germans R&D work was a perfect example of the military complex run mad. It was huge, highly compartmentalized and one group didn't know what the other was working on.

But probably the worst problem was that the higher-ups who should have been reviewing the work and making the calls made bad decisions or none at all. As a result, resources got poured into projects that were unpromising or bungled in some way. Meanwhile, projects that might have been of some value suffered neglect or interference until they failed to realize their promise. We can be grateful that the Nazi system in addition to being corrupt was also largely incompetent.

Michael

Are we gonna get classic operation style campaigns ala CMx1 in the Normandy module?

Nope - the campaign system is going to be essentially unchanged for a while yet, and certainly no change for Normandy.

Does this module require CMSF to run?

It's not a module. It's a base game, which will have its own set of modules. It is completely independent of CMSF.

GvB,

What are you referring to?

A legendary poster by the name of "Berlichtingen", aka Berli. Obviously your name is going to cause some confusion amongst the simple minded folk around here :D

And while I am at it.... When will we get a bone for Normandy?

It does seem to be about time for something. I'll give it a think.

Steve

GvB,

A legendary poster by the name of "Berlichtingen", aka Berli. Obviously your name is going to cause some confusion amongst the simple minded folk around here :D

It does seem to be about time for something. I'll give it a think.

Steve

My heart skipped a beat when I read that...

Dont think too long now will ya! :rolleyes: