Normandy Game

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GvB,

It does seem to be about time for something. I'll give it a think.

Steve

You know you want to do it Steve :)

In all seriousness, a bone for Normandy, even if just text details on say the new QB system, would be most appreciated. Really, any details at this point would be appreciated.

Such as . . .

A sherman crunching the new hedgerows with a Cullins cutter!

. . . just a suggestion :)

It does seem to be about time for something. I'll give it a think.

Steve

Time to kick open the gates of the new CMN forums too. :D

Oh and while your at it, throw up a big sign saying "NO PENG ALLOWED!". You guys are losing too many customers due to the stench of it. :P

Since you guys are obviously not gonna get this out in late 09 like you were hoping to. Is it safe to say first quarter 2010? :eek:

Time to kick open the gates of the new CMN forums too. :D

Since you guys are obviously not gonna get this out in late 09 like you were hoping to. Is it safe to say first quarter 2010? :eek:

June 2010 is my estimate. From the snippets I read here Im not even sure its been started yet let alone have a forum opened for it.

I think the reason that they arent creating a new forum is that when they do the CMSF one will just about stop.

They may be hesitant to post a new screen shot because last time the one image started comments like this: :)

"Something wrong with the Tiger. It has its travel tracks on and not the wider combat tracks, allowing its transport on a railway flatcar, without getting outside of the width limit.

That is why, the outer rim wheels are removed and it looks like it is a version, beginning from late 1944, with metallic band wheels replacing rubber, if my eyes aren't fooling me."

Closely followed by comments that went like this:

That Battlefront has chosen to model the Tiger first – which was used in Normandy against the Americans only in very small numbers if at all – proves that they're abandoned the historically accurate approach and chosen instead to pander the mass-market FPS gamers. The game will be fatally flawed.

I'm not kidding.

Yeah, we've been a bit shy about posting screenshots for a while. Er, mostly since the ones like Elmar posted :D The reaction to the Tiger screenshot we put up was typical and expected from a crowd like this, so by-and-large it wasn't a big deal. Some took things way, way, way too far... but again... that's expected for a crowd like this. Unfortunately, it does make us more conservative about what we show before everything want to show is available for screenshots.

Steve