Normandy Game

With little to no bone having been thrown our way other than the Tiger I pic, I seem to recall that there would be an update or pic around about now!!! :rolleyes:

With the projected release date slated for late December (hopefully) it would be nice to get the ball rolling.

Is the new foliage a vast improvement? - hopefully so from what ive seen from aerial views ive seen of CMSF - although I do realise the issues inherent with using 2D RPC's as

I do alot of 3D modelling (Architecture) myself.

Onyx or Xfrog trees in Combat Mission would look insane...!!! having said that, the game would need 8gb of RAM to run with a forrest on it... Although I have a editor which allows the polygons to be reduced thus allowing more.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Emrys,

And provide all the money that makes the wheels go 'round.

hehe... yeah, and that too ;)

Seriously though, Christmas is a very bad time to release something like this. Much better to wait until after the maelstrom dies down. Obviously if we thought we could have it done significantly ahead of Christmas that would be fine, but right now I'd say that's not likely.

Steve

Technically we probably still could, but we will probably push it into 2010 so we can enjoy the Holidays without pressure to release and/or support. And by "we" I mean us poor saps that have to make the thing, not you lucky buggers who just get to play it :D

Steve

DOh! there goes a Christmas present idea... More so would have been great given that I have time off work then....

Technically we probably still could, but we will probably push it into 2010 so we can enjoy the Holidays without pressure to release and/or support. And by "we" I mean us poor saps that have to make the thing, not you lucky buggers who just get to play it :D

Steve

I assume we will be getting some sort of bone before Xmas then. :rolleyes:

Any chance of seeing a World War II Pacific module?

Good question considering Eastwoods double feature "Flags of our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima" did good at the box office. Not to mention the new Band of Brothers: Pacific series is on the horizon for HBO. Also Infinity Wards popular CoD series featured the Pacific in World at War. So I think there would certainly be interest and more importantly potential profits in this front.

This could be a farmed-out module, aka. 3rd party dev like the Britsh module. But if this gets in the way of the Eastern Front and it's modules then I'm against it. :D

If the Eastern Front is going to be a different family then West Front, the the Pacific theater would DEFINITELY have to be its own seperate family. Although once West and East Fronts are done they only need to put in Japanese units (Which I think wouldn't be too hard considering their paucity of Armored/Mechanized equipment) and the Terrain(The real work, IMO).

perhaps whole Families could be farmed out like CM:Afghanistan? Or is CM:A viewed more as a stand-alone module to CMSF?