Hello Old Friends

Wow... it has been forever since I last posted on here...

I went off to college with a non 3d- capable laptop, and between school and no capable computer, CM kinda fell off my list of things I could do.

I just got a new computer though (new sony GRX laptop... sick machine) and coincidentally I found my CM cd the same day... So here I am, going through a sudden CM revival...

its great... I'd definately forgotten how masterful this game is:-D CM2 looks great, and its nice to see a few familiar names on here.

Its good to be back, and nice to have CM again!:-D

-Scott

They are starting to smell the fresh... well maybe not, it could just be that they want to post so that the dumb posts asking CMBB comes out will go to the bottom of the page faster. :D

[ July 08, 2002, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Berli - its definately cool to be back... looks like I got back just in time too:-D

hopefully it won't be quite the same "the release will happen any day now" for 6 months like with CMBO (don't get me wrong, it was seriously worth it:-P)...

You know... I seem to remember I left just as the first peng challenge thread set its first record for length....

scary.. that was a long time ago...

oh well...

back to the joys of J2ME software developing... fun fun, but I'll be lurking around. Nice to see you all again.

-Scott

Originally posted by Juju:

Heya! smile.gif

Is it just me, or are a lot of old-time members suddenly returning? Coincidence? ;)

I think I began to notice it, and commented on it, shortly after the beginning of the year. It was not long after the interview with Steve was published in which he pointed toward late spring as a release date for CM:BB.

Michael

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by NG cavscout:

How many "Old-Timers" that have been around since the release of the first demo are still here?

I have returned, as well. I got hooked by the alpha AAR, played the first demo to the ground, wet my pants at the new explosions in the second demo and managed *not* to be a Refresh Monkey (too much). Wow, I'm member 180! Neato.

Jonathan

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moriarty:

Good thing the Peng thread didn't drive you away forever.

Welcome back.

Oy - where is that Justin scenario only you have now.

Welcome back Eridani. </font>

Swear to god - I used to have a member number in the hundreds. I also managed to poull a swifty on Fionn on 'The Night of the Refreshing Monkeys', and may have been at least partially responsible for the disaster which followed. redface.gif

My God! Where have the years gone?

Editted, because the years haven't improved my spelling.

[ July 22, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Just back, too, after lots of work and 2 kids. Just got CMBB in the mail yesterday and started lurking about to see what's up around here. I'd forgotten how long it had been since I last posted until I looked at my profile and saw it was an announcement for my (now 2 1/2-year-old) son!

Off topic: What's up with militarygameronline? It seems half the CM fansites are hosted there, but the site's been down??

Originally posted by JonS:

Swear to god - I used to have a member number in the hundreds. I also managed to poull a swifty on Fionn on 'The Night of the Refreshing Monkeys', and may have been at least partially responsible for the disaster which followed. redface.gif

My God! Where have the years gone?

Editted, because the years haven't improved my spelling.

[razz]Yeah, sure. All you newbies got the same sad story. You coulda found that "Night of the Refresh Monkeys" stuff by doin’ a search.[/razz]