Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater

Just wanted to pop in quickly and thank everyone for their positive responses to the game so far as well as to the entire Beta and Design team that worked on this release.

For some information on the development of Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater we had several designers working on the campaigns this time around including the smaller mini-campaigns.

Robert Carver put together the fantastic Midway, Philippines and Ich-Go campaigns and Moonslayer simply outdid himself with the brilliant Guadalcanal campaign. Even if you enjoy the larger more strategic campaigns such as Operation Z and you don't normally take the smaller mini-campaigns for a spin, I highly recommend them in this case as they are pretty much the best mini-campaigns of any of the SC series developed so far.

Additionally my hat is off to Bill Runacre for his outstanding work on the main Operation Z campaign as well as each of the mini-campaigns he put together for this release including Operation Detachment which can be seen in the Demo. From my perspective, I can honestly say he really outdid himself on these campaigns and if we are lucky we are likely to see more collaboration like this on future projects :)

Hubert

Well when the Master provides his disciples with the proper resources they can approach the level of artistry the creator possesses.

Hubert, you can always count on my patronage.

A short break is in order, PTO must be explored and allowed to catalyze additional ideas.

And then............ well.....again.... a Master always knows his calling.;)

Wow, congratulations are in order for both parties! That is how I landed a job in the industry years ago, doing work from home and then getting picked up for future projects. I am sure Bill is extremely pleased and very well should be, it is difficult to land a paying position with any game company, let alone one where you're already doing the work you love doing. Now ya just get paid to do it! :)

Really, congrats again for both Bill and Fury Software. All of us are winners in this deal!

• 10 months later...

As a retire Marine, and reared by a Iwo Jima; Marine 1/26th/5th Div and his buddy that served in a Weapons Platoon 30 cal. Machine-Gun squad that did not have any KIA's and served under CO Capt. Bobby Dunlap and Jacky Lucas jump ship "to with his cousin" both Medal of Honor recipients Jacky the youngest since the Civil War. At one the 5th's reunion as a young teenager having the opportunity of listening for several hours and a few beers I heard the stories, some funny some not. I want to Thank You All, for "The Iwo Jima and The WWII" programs. Having taught small unit tactics at Marine Corps Basic Officer School and The Marine Corps' WWII history comparing Battle Plans and After Action Reports. To teach Marine Officers to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Excellent R&D research and development. Even for a 60 year old I think I'm starting to get the hang of PTO. Thanks Again

As a retire Marine, and reared by a Iwo Jima; Marine 1/26th/5th Div and his buddy that served in a Weapons Platoon 30 cal. Machine-Gun squad that did not have any KIA's and served under CO Capt. Bobby Dunlap and Jacky Lucas jump ship "to with his cousin" both Medal of Honor recipients Jacky the youngest since the Civil War. At one the 5th's reunion as a young teenager having the opportunity of listening for several hours and a few beers I heard the stories, some funny some not. I want to Thank You All, for "The Iwo Jima and The WWII" programs. Having taught small unit tactics at Marine Corps Basic Officer School and The Marine Corps' WWII history comparing Battle Plans and After Action Reports. To teach Marine Officers to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Excellent R&D research and development. Even for a 60 year old I think I'm starting to get the hang of PTO. Thanks Again

We thank you & your family for the service to the greatest nation in the history of mankind. Enjoy the game. Grace unto you from us & the Lord Jesus Christ.

Regards from the Legend,

-Camp Rambo & Team USA

I can't add much to what these guys have declared Colonel as words just don't seem to capture the gratitude that most of us WW2 historians feel towards the sacrifices our "finest fabric" from our society have made.

All I can add is that your and our ancestors' legacy will be passed on by us to our succeeding generations, partly in the games we play, partly in the conversations we have with them to try an instill the values that our "finest fabric" have fought for so that we may enjoy the security and freedom we all have.

It is a fleeting, and fragile peace that we do not take lightly, my regards to you and your loved ones, and sleep well Colonel knowing if I have anything to do with it.....

We will never forget!