A request for more Amy vs Marines scenarios

I'm frankly surprised that Army-Marine mayhem battles haven't showed up in larger numbers yet. I always thought that would be half the fun of the Marine module - to finally construct battles with a formidable opponent for once! The difference between a company of Syrian reserves and a company of U.S. Marines is exponential. Those out there who always complain about wimpy opposition should get a kick out of Blue-Blue battle like that.

So c'mon guys, let's have a few bloody CM bar fights. My own "Lone Star Shopping Plaza" had been posted to cmmods.com within days of the module coming out. I expected it to be the first Army-Marines scenario, not the only one. :rolleyes:

Consider it done. I will be posting a new blue on blue most likely in a day or two entitled USMC Operation Dr. Strangelove, based off the movie Dr. Strangelove, for those of you old enough to remember that one. Large map with Marine vs Army tank battles to get things going, followed up on an assault on a military base. Finishing some play testing now.

Civil War 2009?

Maybe bad-guy Blue Force represents home-grown anarchists with AR-15s and RPGs, whereas good-guy Blue Force represents National Guard (or even Army Reserve or some such) deployed to beat them down. *shrug*

By the way, MikeyD, the Marines in your "Lone Star Shopping Plaza" scenario are dastardly opponents. Makes me (as the Army CO) all the more keen to bloody their noses. =P

Herr Feldmarschall,

Anarchists with body armor and NVGs may not be the most realistic scenario per se, but what about the North Hollywood shootout? Criminals (and anarchists) sometimes have more than just pistols. And aren't there supposed to be heavily armed (and even armored) psychopaths scattered in small groups throughout the rural US (a la the gun-toting guy in Tremors, but not nice)?

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from supporting MikeyD's request (along with more Red on Red scenarios), I'd like to ask a completely newbie question: how do you make same vs same scenarios?

I had a go in the scenario editor, and I couldn't see how to choose Blue forces for the Red side (or Red forces for the Blue side)... I'm sure its very simple, but couldn't find info in the manual either.

Thanks in advance.

In the scenario editor: MISSION / DATA, at the bottom of the long list of variables is 'Force vs Force' You can switch from Blue vs Red (standard) to Blue vs Blue or Red vs Red.

You can also go in and switch these halfway through purchasing to mix up your forces. A growing number of scenarios have Red units playing on the Blue side. Red Spies working for Blue is a good example.

In the scenario editor: MISSION / DATA, at the bottom of the long list of variables is 'Force vs Force' You can switch from Blue vs Red (standard) to Blue vs Blue or Red vs Red.

You can also go in and switch these halfway through purchasing to mix up your forces. A growing number of scenarios have Red units playing on the Blue side. Red Spies working for Blue is a good example.

Thanks! I'm going to give it a go.

I don't understand why you need the Marines module to produce Blue vs Blue scenarios. Okay, there is a certain rivalry between Marines and Army I guess but you don't need the Marines to design a challenging Blue vs Blue scenario (for those who complain about ordinary and low challenging Red vs Blue scenarios like MikeyD described).

I don't understand why you need the Marines module to produce Blue vs Blue scenarios. Okay, there is a certain rivalry between Marines and Army I guess but you don't need the Marines to design a challenging Blue vs Blue scenario (for those who complain about ordinary and low challenging Red vs Blue scenarios like MikeyD described).

You don't need the Marines module. But I think people are more interested in a Marines vs Army scenario than Army vs Army because of the fact that while both forces have excellent equipment, they have very different equipment (except tanks, and even there you've got differences).

If variety of Blue vs Blue is what you are looking for than the British Forces Module will soon fix that.

I for one am very interested in making scenarios with Abrams vs Challenger2, Bradley vs Warrior, etc.

No matter how unrealistic that is, it´s going to be a lot of fun!

-