Eagerly awaiting CMx2 WW2

Wolfgang

heh... M48s painted gray with big black and white crosses on them.... great thinking!

Yes, one of the reasons for breaking the Western Front into two separate families is in part because of the weather. Summer/Fall will go into the first family, Fall/Winter/Spring in the second. It also allows us to change the character of the buildings so battles for border villages doesn't feel like refighting in Normandy.

As for progress, we're just about to switch over to Normandy as the main effort now that the v1.10 and the Marines are out. KwazyDog has been doing the models and textures for Normandy for a couple of months now, though none of that stuff has been added into the game engine yet. Therefore, nothing really to show. However, things should start to cook right along since we have our plate mostly clear now.

We have no firm release date, but it definitely will be in 2009. We have a set development calendar already, however there are a couple of big items on there that we're really not sure how long they will take. Some are boring data related, some are game features. The big variable on there is the new QuickBattle system. Since it's not fully designed yet we don't have a time estimate on it other than it's going to be the single biggest thing we do for Normandy.

Steve

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds brilliant... And as much as I would love the WW2 title to be coming out soon, I am totally willing to wait for a game that I know will be great.

Its not often we can say that about a game or game developer for that matter.

So many times over the years there have been games that have promised so much - yet delivered so little. And I am all for the module way of doing things, I agree with what so many others have said here... If we are getting what we want and the attention to detail is there along with all the patches etc then I am more than willing to pay more for a far better product...

I just think of all the money wasted over the years on games that dissapointed and/or had a very short lifespan on my PC. I would have gladly given all the money spent on those game to Battlefront to get what we know is a quality product.

Bring on 2009...!!!

As for progress, we're just about to switch over to Normandy as the main effort now that the v1.10 and the Marines are out. KwazyDog has been doing the models and textures for Normandy for a couple of months now, though none of that stuff has been added into the game engine yet. Therefore, nothing really to show. However, things should start to cook right along since we have our plate mostly clear now.

Steve

Is it possible for us to see some renders soon though? I can remember you guys showing off some models in the past. Besides i'd be really interested in seeing how a Panzer IV with skirts would look like in the new engine :D the amount of detail would likely make me drool :D

We have no firm release date, but it definitely will be in 2009. We have a set development calendar already, however there are a couple of big items on there that we're really not sure how long they will take. Some are boring data related, some are game features. The big variable on there is the new QuickBattle system. Since it's not fully designed yet we don't have a time estimate on it other than it's going to be the single biggest thing we do for Normandy.

Steve

Wow, I didn't think it would be so soon... do you need more beta testers? :D :D :D

hallelujiah !!

after the bitter dissapointment of Theatre of War, and then the utter boredom of modern fictional combat in Shock Force, I am once again rejoicing that WW2 is to be redone.

Guys, I would have gladly paid triple what you wanted for an updated WW2 combat mission years ago.

I dont know how much profit you made from Shock Force, but if you multiply that by ten, then I reckon that is how much you will get when the new WW2 CM is released.

Supply and demand - the demand has always been overwhelmingly for a new WW2 CM.

Remember how many times we played that first demo over and over trying out different things? Remember how shocked we were to see a tiger get hammered by hellcats!?!? Ahhh those were the days.

I miss the "member numbers". It was like a senority list. I was #309 I think....or #306...

I still lack one side to CMSF, where are the danes, we've been fairly active in Iraq, we're doing a more than decent job in the Helmand province an afghanistan, we'd propably send troops to Syria if need be.

we have decent equipment Leo 2A5DK, CV9035, M-113G3 (Any M S fans here could call it the VikingGavin:D) EAGLE armored cars and the usual small arms stuff... would be nice to be remembered once in a while...

Oops Rant mode off

Staffan

Staffan, it's possible that Danes may be included in the third Module (the one after the Brits). If not, you'll probably have enough similarity of equipment to the other armies by then that you'll be able to make a decent approximation using mods.

I've heard Battlefront say maybe the Netherlands in the 3rd module but not Denmark, so it's a real longshot. We'll get Leopard IIs with the Germans though. What is a CV9035 or are you going to make me Google it? ;)

"...may be included in the third Module"

If you're looking for someone with cool new equipment who seems to find themselves in every conflict out there these days, that would be little Canada! LAV-III with a proper gun turret or 'Coyote' LAV-I; the new uparmored/stretched M113 APC; either re-armored Leopard Is pulled from mothballs or leased long-gun Leopard IIs with slate cage armor. Only drawback would be the repeated initials: "CM:CM" (Combat Mission:Canada module) :D

"...may be included in the third Module"

If you're looking for someone with cool new equipment who seems to find themselves in every conflict out there these days, that would be little Canada! LAV-III with a proper gun turret or 'Coyote' LAV-I; the new uparmored/stretched M113 APC; either re-armored Leopard Is pulled from mothballs or leased long-gun Leopard IIs with slate cage armor. Only drawback would be the repeated initials: "CM:CM" (Combat Mission:Canada module) :D

Yeah Steve has strongly hinted we'll get Canada in module three since they'll have British and German stuff already done so Canada would be an easy add on.