When combat mission make it back to Eastern Front what battle do want it cover ?

Hannibal

Will I be able to import my T-90's into Bagration? If not, why not?

:)

I'd missed the Bagration reference as well. The sooner, the better.

Regards,

Ken

I always wanted to see what a Flak 88 would do to the front hull of a Bradley... :D

Or a 1944 FJ platoon vs 2006 Marine platoon in urban setting... :D

Count me among those excited about the return to WWII generally and the Eastern Front specifically.

I totally understand and support the idea of choosing a time frame in proximity to the Western Front setting so as to leverage the labor investment in the German TOE.

But I found myself wondering if the utter decisiveness of the Soviet victory in Operation Bagration detracts from its appeal as a setting? Maybe. But I guess I can think of several reasons why it shouldn't:

1.) The scale of the CM battles pretty much renders the larger picture irrelevant.

2.) Even in the case of a game-based campaign, we wouldn't expect things to go exactly as they did in the historical case. Otherwise, what's the point of playing?

3.) Users will create a gazillion scenarios with the included forces that have no connection to Operation Bagration.

So I feel better already.

8-)

Anyway, I know the Eastern Front is probably 3 games off (after Normandy and CMSF II) but I was wondering what logical break would have to be made between the initial game and later modules. For example with the Nomandy game we're to get U.S and Germans with the initial release. In the first module we'll get Commenwealth and more German stuff (S.S. ?) then the third module maybe Airborne troops for both sides and more rare equipment. With the Eastern Front the breaks will be less clear cut. I imagine we'll get most medium tanks in the initial release and then maybe heavies like the King Tiger and JS II in later modules and even more rare stuff in the 3rd. Any one else have thoughts on this? Steve said no Romanians and Hugarians, but maybe the Finns will sneak in, and by the way what ever happened to Sergei ?

I wonder how many Panthers we'll see around in the campaign... according to ym sources, there were pretty few Panther-equipped units involved in Bagration - and even those got beaten up badly.

Good thing there's other cool stuff around and lots of people will build lots of scenarios with Panthers! ;)

Flamingknives, hi,

“I'd like to see what a Vickers capable of sustained cyclic fire can get up to.”

Wow… the good old Vickers MG42 debate… I typed pages trying to convince Steve that low rate of fire but sustained fire weapons such as the Vickers were under valued in CMX1… that must have been seven odd years ago now… ;)… Steve has block on the subject… ;)

Good to see old friends and familiar topics back…

All the best,

Kip.

Steve, Dan….

Although I am a huge fan of Bagration and even more its sister operation Lvov… will we sometime in the distant future see a winter warfare Eastern Front title?

The fighting of the summer ’44 on the Eastern Front is the ultimate example of mechanised warfare of all time. Amongst other things… but there is also something special about Eastern Front winter warfare…

Winter ‘42/’43 with all that was happening up and down the front. The balance of forces, the fact that both sides were by WWII standards reasonably equipped, the potential use of the Manstein/Kharkov/SS Corps counter attack is the perfect module waiting to happen if ever there was one… and so on…

Anyway… at some stage… are we likely to see a winter Eastern Front title ?

All very good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

Dunno when eastern front is coming (2009 too early?), hopefully soon.

I think we'll have to wait another two years at least until we see the Eastern front, after the France '44 game and CMSF II. Since Sergei has disappeared maybe you can tell us more about how you like to see Finland covered in the Summer '44 Eastern Front game. I've read the Soviets launched a massive attack against the Finns on June 9th '44.