After Marine mod what Red equipment needs to be added to mod the Russian Army ?

It would be nice if BFC just released a "Russians" module after the Marines, Brits and EuroForce ones. Why shouldn't Russia be one of the countries hit by a Syrian "dirty bomb"? I know it's unlikely in the current political climate that US and Russian forces would both invade Syria but it would fit in with the back story and also allow properly researched Russian TO&Es to be pitted against US, British, European and Syrian forces.

Definitely the MTLB, but especially the MT-LBM 6MA3 - has 4 kornet missile launcher. Actually, any kind of vehicle which has a Kornet missile launcher would be great for evening things up.

Edit to add: oh yeah, to hell with the pretense, just release a Russian module. Good call Cpl Steiner!

It would be nice if BFC just released a "Russians" module after the Marines, Brits and EuroForce ones. Why shouldn't Russia be one of the countries hit by a Syrian "dirty bomb"? I know it's unlikely in the current political climate that US and Russian forces would both invade Syria but it would fit in with the back story and also allow properly researched Russian TO&Es to be pitted against US, British, European and Syrian forces.

I'm with Cpl Steiner

I've got a feeling we'll be seeing them when the modern era goes temperate...I can't really see another Red Force other than them...except maybe North Korea? Judging by how popular Operation Flashpoint was, it would be the smart move.

Mord.

I wish BFC would flesh out the "modern temperate" setting they've hinted at. It does appear to be a definite plan rather than just a rumour, and most likely would follow the WWII game, but I wonder if they've actually thought much about what would go in it.

I suppose a hypothetical CMx2 "game" (as opposed to a "module") could be set in a former Eastern Bloc country that is invaded by Russia. Maybe Ukraine? Events in Georgia have only confirmed the re-emergence of Russia as a regional military power, so maybe we could have a "Russian" perspective game portraying a task force driving into Ukraine to reach the capital, Kiev. I know the US market would probably see this as playing the "bad guys" but what the hell - it's no different to playing the "Empire" in "Star Wars Battlefront II".

I think they probably have way too much on their plate right now to flesh it out. As far as we know they have the Marines, The Brits, The German/Dutch/Canadian, The Normandy title and probably a couple modules for that too. That's at least two years worth of programming right there.

I wouldn't mind Russians but I'd like to have the ability to pit them against US/Brits and German equipment among others.

Mord.

I wouldn't mind Russians but I'd like to have the ability to pit them against US/Brits and German equipment among others.

Yup. It would certainly be worth the wait to have as many NATO/continental forces possible represented before/when a Russian Module is released.

Remember, Poland is (slowly) upgrading to Leopards as their MBT.

http://armyreco.ifrance.com/europe/pologne/pologne_index_materiel.htm

Any future conflict w. Poland/Eastern Europe would seem to have a mixture of Red and Blue weaponry.

I would not be surprised if more Eastern European countries are "upgraded" to NATO standards as time moves on.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/?s=poland+mbt

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I suspect that when we get the Russian equipment for CMx2, I probably won't go back to WW2 again. Modern Era combat ROCKS!!!

If I understand what Steve said in his earlier post about this Temperate zone thing then it's not going to be a module but a whole new game. And that will probably start as US army v Russia, then after 6-8 months a Marines module and then a year after that, the Brits module... Okay, perhaps it won't take THAT long to get the modules out seeing as how the modelling and the TAC AI has already been done but we'll sure as hell have to buy them all over again.:eek:

While Russian forces are a great idea, I think I'd rather not be limited to the CMSF Syrian terrain when playing with these toys.

It doesn't seem like terrain will come in module form judging by the Marines, so I'd rather wait and have a Russia vs NATO/Ukraine in the rolling green steppes or Western Europe. Once that base game was squared away, there could be module after module after module. Anything from early 1950s soviet era to 1980s cold war to 2010 modern could be added as a TO&E for the one base game.

So CMSF can be left behing AFAIC, on to WWII, then on to the Fulda Gap.

While Russian forces are a great idea, I think I'd rather not be limited to the CMSF Syrian terrain when playing with these toys.

It doesn't seem like terrain will come in module form judging by the Marines, so I'd rather wait and have a Russia vs NATO/Ukraine in the rolling green steppes or Western Europe. Once that base game was squared away, there could be module after module after module. Anything from early 1950s soviet era to 1980s cold war to 2010 modern could be added as a TO&E for the one base game. Even a lot of the models are already done, T-55, BTR-60 etc are all pretty ancient.

So CMSF can be left behing AFAIC, on to WWII, then on to the Fulda Gap.

I would adore a Russian module for CM:SF too, we've got a modern western army now time for a modern east army. New tile sets could be added in with modules too. Then you could add another western army (UK, Germany?) then another eastern one (China, Israel?) and go back and forth until we have lots of armies!

I think they probably have way too much on their plate right now to flesh it out. As far as we know they have the Marines, The Brits, The German/Dutch/Canadian, The Normandy title and probably a couple modules for that too. That's at least two years worth of programming right there.

Mord.

Wonder if BFC could farm development of a Russian (+ Chinese?) module out to that Russian outfit that did TOW or Balkans on Fire? Meanwhile the core BFC team could focus on Normandy as well as further enhancements to the game engine, European terrain, etc.