WOOT - First Post - Village of Trouble v1.01 released

Version 1.01 is ready for testing. Release notes are below:

Village of Trouble

This scenario should be considered a beta test version. Every effort has been made to ensure that it works as designed, but there may be oversights nonetheless. Please fill out and submit the enclosed playtest report to me at [deleted for forum post - included in readme file]

The scenario should be played first as Blue if single player, or as a two-player game. AI plans have been programmed for both sides, and it may be played from either side after initial playing, though it seems to work better when played as Blue.

Please note that a Blue victory is dependent upon achieving the stated objective of destroying the enemy force, but excessive Blue casualties or damage to civilian property will reduce or negate Blue's victory. This is intended to represent the difficult nature of fighting an insurgency militarily while always maintaining awareness of the local and domestic political objectives and costs of such a military enterprise.

v1.01:

-Adjusted Red force deployments

-Adjusted VP values for Blue terrain objectives

-Added variant with MGS platoon vice mech infantry platoon *

-Added variant with reduced Blue force *

* Both variants have adjusted Red deployments and Blue reinforcement schedules.

Download here:

http://files-upload.com/files/427244/Village%20of%20Trouble%20v101.zip

I feel like I am in a comedy skit....I watch the counter.....it decrements to zero...I click the download link....once again the counter..I do this for five or six cycles, but I never get the file to download, am I not waiting long enough or am I missing something?

Sorry......Bimmer, thank you for providing this battle to the community.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I feel like I am in a comedy skit....I watch the counter.....it decrements to zero...I click the download link....once again the counter..I do this for five or six cycles, but I never get the file to download, am I not waiting long enough or am I missing something?

Me too. Just caught in a continious loop. Groundhog Day :D

Great scenario. Must say this is the best experience ive had with CMSF so far, played it as blue. Everything was just right. Great natural looking map, the surprise IEDs, very intense firefight. In the end i won the battle but lost at points :rolleyes:

And i had zero pathing- or other issues. Squads covered in smoke, house to house, just in the way i planned.

Played in WEGO.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback. Glad people are enjoying the scenario.

Has anyone tried either of the variants? I'm very curious to see how people deal with the situation with only one platoon of infantry (initially, at least) and more firepower (that has victory point limitations on its employment).

Just played the scenario again (the basic one, not the “a/b” ones), still quite enjoyable.

--- Mild Spoilers

I love the fact that you took the time to “disguise” the IEDs in some rubble and junk, a really nice touch, even if the Blue player won’t be there to appreciate it tongue.gif

For some reason the North IED didn’t go off and I completely avoided the South one, by sending my rear platoon off to the West to encircle the town. Although I paid dearly for not dismounting my infantry early – RPG hits took out 2 strykers full of troops :(

Everything else was pretty straight forward, the orchard guys being out in the open didn’t pose any threat to my .50cals. Rear platoon assaulted the back of the town and systematically cleared out the buildings leading towards the stranded Command team.

Thanks a lot mate, excellent ecenario.

Here is my report :

Playtester: Aloko

Date Scenario Tested: 08.12.07

Scenario with MMG 1.01a

Mode Played: RT

Side I Played: Blue

Opponent: Computer

Winning Side: Red

Final Victory Level: Major

Final Score: Blue 1250 Vs Red 4096

Historical Introduction: fine

Comments on Scenario: (General comments on play, strategy, etc.)

Perceived Balance: I’ve been butt kicked by AI because I had to rush a little bit due to the time constraint.

Suggestions for Play Balance and/or for making this scenario better:

Game Length: Maybe 30 mins instead of 20

Force Mix: perfect – with 2HMG team

Scenario Problems: nope

Victory Levels:

Map Terrain: Absolutly great !

Was the scenario Fun? Excellent

Was the scenario Challenging? yep

What I really liked about this scenario: Map + OB

Clever Things the A/I did: They stayed hidden for the most part and popped up in good situations

Stupid Things the A/I did : crawling king Snake moves in front of me sometimes

Suggestions for A/I improvement:

Game Play Problems: Path finding

Great scenario, full of intensity and challenge. Nice touch where two of my strykers, with squads, got wiped out by my own Apache marauding half blind and slightly off target! I think the enemy forces could've been stronger to make it a real challenge. Had I not lost so many men to friendly fire I'm pretty sure I'd have had a total victory. (version 1.01b)

This looks like a terrific scenario. Something right out of the headlines. And I like how you really put the player in the boots of the dilemna. Preserve your force, destroy the enemy, and don't cause too much damage. Perfect! The only thing you are missing is an embedded reporter.

It's on my agenda to play tonight.

Looks great and I thank you very much for your time in putting this together!