Editor bug

I started a similar thread "Portions..." and TankCommander's editor problem appears to be exactly the same as mine. (I got there first though tongue.gif )

I am positive it is not due to any modded files since I have never downloaded any. I just have a couple of scenarios from CMMODS.

The same strange behavior happens with the initial screen. If I mouse over the top horizontal line of the boxes (just the top portion of the boxes!) the rest of the screen goes black.

Hope it will be fixed with 1.06. Let's wait and see.

enrico

TankCommander, you may want to check your full-screen anti aliasing settings.

If I set them ON (to whatever setting) my menu's start flickering as well, but I usually live with that for the sake of smoother graphics in battle.

I remember, though, that the editor will become useless with AA on due to the flickering.

Originally posted by Guardsman:

I also have the same problem. I noticed in your other thread you mentioned an ATI graphics card, which is what I have also. Just curious to know if Tankcommander has an ATI card as well, and if any who don't have problems have one.

Cheers, Darren

Yes, my card is ATI, Radeon 9800 XT, driver 8.421.0.0

• 3 months later...

Hi - I think this is an ATI driver issue which is interacting with CMSF.

When I use the ATI 7.11 drivers, I see the same problem which you see with the scenario editor, regardless of which version of CMSF I use (from 1.05 onwards I have noticed this).

If I install ATI 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3 drivers, this menu blackout issue is solved, but I get unacceptable delays selecting units in the game.

I can mitigate this delay problem by turning on 'ATI Left Click Compatibility' in the Main Menu Options screen, but this lead to less accurate cursor behaviour in the game.

However, since patch 1.08, the cursor seems to behave much better while in compatibility mode, so it looks like I will be sticking to ATI 8.3 for now instead of rolling back to 7.11.

I don't understand why I need to switch the ATI compatibility option on for ATI 8.3 but not for 7.11, but it seems having this option 'on' in version 1.08 is no longer so frustrating, so thanks to BFC for tweaking this!

One last thing (in case none of this is applicable to you), I found that I could 'cure' the disappearing menus in the scenario editor by placing a flavour object on the 2D map, then loading the map up in 3D, and then move/rotate the flavour object around - when you exit the 3D view, the scenario menus no longer black out the rest of the screen when highlighted. At least, I think that's what was curing it!

A response to a very similar post on the main forum that might help here:

Originally posted by Guardsman:

M1A1TC,

Hi mate, I had the same problem with the scenario editor. I have an ATI card. Opened the Catalyst control centre, moved the slider in the 3D settings standard option from Quality to balanced and it works fine now. Hope this helps, sorry if it don't!

Regards, Darren

Perhaps an argument for just posting an issue in one place instead of a couple so that the responses are concentrated?

Right after my last post I figured I'd give it one last shot and I got it figured it out in 2 minutes (after frustrating myself for an hour).

I have a ATI X1900 series GPU and heres an(other) fix..

-put Catalyst control center to 'Advanced View'

-go to 'Digital Panel Properties' -> 'Attributes'

-at the bottom of the page/menu is 'DVI settings'

-click both boxes 'Reduce DVI Frequency' + 'Alternate DVI Mode'

Im not sure if both boxes need to be checked but it works for me so I'm not complaining!