Battlefront.com Splash Screen Missing

CMSF Version 1.01

Intel Dual Core 2.4 Ghz

7950GX2 Forceware 162.18 (Latest non-beta available)

2G Ram

XP Media

With AA enabled in the game options, you have to then enable AA in the Nvidia Control Panel as advised in game and needed to get any AA benefit anyway. I have it set to 4X in the CP for CMSF.

This causes the Splash Screen to never show. Not a show stopper obvisouly as no other issues noted but an odd observation point that may be of assistance. The screen is black but a left click gets you to the game menu as it normally would if it was there. Repeatable problem.

I have noticed the same problem. I have AA and AF set to 4x in the Nvidia control panel.

I get the intro sound but no video, just a black screen. This happens regardless of if AA is turned on or off in game. If I set AA in the Nvidia control panel to Application Controlled then the intro video appears.

Do you all have the latest windows media player? The splash screen is just a wmv (windows media video) file.

or

Download something like K-lite Codec pack, I've used this for years with no issues.

Normally when there is no video, but the sound can be heard it's a codec problem. I forgot to mention this.

[ August 08, 2007, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Hadberz ]

Can I just add something that might help BFC find out what is going wrong. When I first played the game I used to get some fancy graphical text in the top right of the screen saying something like, "Powered by ASUS Splendid Technology". I can't remember exactly what it said because I don't see it anymore. Since no-one else has mentioned it I am guessing this should not appear?

Further to my last post, I did a search online and found that you can go into the ASUS tab of your advanced display properties and disable "Splendid" technology. I did this and also turned off my video card's antialiasing and now I see the intro BFC graphic. Problem solved! (except I have to turn off AA, which I don't want to do).

if you have an ATI card (no idea if Nvidia has a similar option), disable the 'WMV acceleration' option in the Catalyst Control Center (It's in there somewhere). This can cause all kinds of problems with .wmv files.

No idea if thats the issue here (the logo works fine for me), but its a thought.