Bug List! Post any you find here!

I couldn't see one in the general forum so I decided to make a topic for posting any gameplay bugs you may find.

I'll start with mine:

Craters that were created in a turn will appear at the start of that turns replay instead of when they were created.

Sometimes heavy weapons, like a kornet will warp back to their original position from the start of the turn at the start of the next turn. This leads to the gunner of the weapon being in one place and firing a weapon which is detached from the unit. The missile will still originate from the launcher but since it uses the gunners LOS it can be made to fly straight into a wall in front of it.

My hardware:

CPU: AMD X2 4200+ (dual-core)

GPU: NVidia 7900 GTO (Driver: 162.18)

1.) The game hangs up frequently after some turns during the order phase in WEGO mode. Sound can still be listened, but I can't do anything except to return to Windows with the ALT-TAB and enforce to close CMSF. BTW, what makes this problem really worse is that the Autosave function was removed, so all progress I made during the game is lost! Please restore the autosave function!!! Edit: it hangs also during the execution phase!

2.) I try to order artillery support as area target and draw the target circle: I can not set the size of the target zone if the spotter has no LOS to the current position of the mouse cursor. That doesn't makes sense.

3.) When I switch the language (for example from English to German) in the options screens, I loose all saved games that I have saved 'Englisch'. If I want to restore them, I must set the language to 'English' again and restart the game.

4.) I guess that's not a bug, thought I found it very annoying: when I watch the execution phase/movie the first time, I can't control it. No pause, no stop, no rewind. I also don't like that the movie is replayed automatically when I have watched for the first time.

[ July 27, 2007, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Update on that Hvy weapon warp bug:

I moved a AT-3 squad into position and the launcher was in place as normal, then at the beginning of next round it had vanished! I looked around but couldn't find it as usually they just go back to their previous location but it wasn't there! I gave up and targeted a tank with it, it fired and there was this distant boom so I looked over and found the launcher. It had decided to warp all the way over to the other side of the map........ or rather 50m under it! It was sitting on the background texture firing missiles up into the underside of the map. This happens to all deployable weapons in WEGO mode.

Originally posted by Scipio:

3.) When I switch the language (for example from English to German) in the options screens, I loose all saved games that I have saved 'Englisch'. If I want to restore them, I must set the language to 'English' again and restart the game.

Thats actually referenced in the games readme file (the one that you probably never read when you installed the game/patch). You just need to copy that file manually from one languages Save folder to the other.

Madmatt

The moveable bits on weapon models (clips, bipods)occasional move to funny positions on the weapon (float next to it or stuck out the side).

When you have another soldier helping reload a MG the sometimes ammo box has ammo clips from that soldier weapon stuck to it!

I believe the reason why you cannot control the time during the action phase is because unlike CMx1 the phase is not pre-calculated but is running real time. Notice that there is no calculation waiting bar at the start of the turn like in CMx1, this probably to make real time possible.

I get about a ten second freeze when I select a unit. Every time! Also I need to alt-tab to get off the Battlefront splash screen to actually get to the game menu. My specs are..

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.4GHz

2 gig ram

Vista 32

ATI Radeon x1300/x1550 series (driver ver 8.28.0.0)

Sound Blaster

preorder download version

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Thats actually referenced in the games readme file (the one that you probably never read when you installed the game/patch). You just need to copy that file manually from one languages Save folder to the other.

Be nice, I'm a paying customer tongue.gif ! Anyway, I thought it is something like this. But was is the sense of a language specific saved games folder, if the saved games can be exchanged without problem anyway!?

AMD Turion 64X2 dual core laptop with 128M ATI card: performance would be ok, but the demo is not playable. Timing issues, clock flashes during update, sometimes a red value of 1000-something can be seen. All the units of a company chatter simultaneously - quite scary. And eventually freezes.

P4 2.8 + ATI X800: demo is playable (barely), lots of short freezes for keyboard controls. Ammo count doesn't get restored when a wego turn is played back. Performance, frame rate is superb on the rig.

This is an odd one:

I wish I knew how to make screenshots so I could show it to you but i'll try and explain.

This is basically about the LOS between 2 opposing tanks, I had an advancing T-72 and I knew the enemy had another T-72 parked just up ahead. I came to a point where I should be able to see the tank but couldn't and he couldn't see me (we were 100m apart with direct LOS in the render but it said blocked by some wall rubble and a 2ft bush). So I went closer and at 2m (our models interlaced) we became aware of each other and of course were too close to shoot.

At the same time abit further away was an enemy APC parked which my infantry could see, I could visibly draw a clear line between my tank and the apc and the los tool said that it was blocked by the same wall rubble.

Also at short ranges a tank even with its reduced viewing capabilities should be able to instantly see a tank parked in the open only 100-200m in front, I usually get about 10-20 second delay or only after it shoots. Infantry to tank and tank to infantry is fine.

I've noticed a couple possible bugs:

1. Infantry units 'floating' across the ground (i.e., their legs are stationary and they just slide/float to their destination). This typically is a temporary situation, though; after a few turns, their legs are moving properly again.

2. Incorrect infantry-held weapons being shown(e.g., in the last training scenario where you assualt the small town, they guy with the Javelin would apparently be shooting his rifle but he was shown still holding the Javelin).

3. Related to #2, I've seen weapons disappear (e.g., the guy with the 30-cal looked like he was firing something but nothing was there).

4. During replays, if a building/wall was damaged/rubbled at some point in the just-played turn, the remains appear at the beginning of the replay. I think I've heard someone else mention something similar, but wanted to stress I've seen it consistently for buildings, bunkers and walls.

That's all I can recall for now.

Mike

Not sure if this is a tiny bug, but I'll mention it just in case:

when reinforcements have arrived, the game shows text like "Reinforcements have arrived: <name>".

If you then give command like Move, command's hint text "... right click to end" is shown in the upper part of the screen. When reinforcements have arrived, the hint text is partly overwritten by the reinforcements text.

Quick Battle, Tiny, Random, PBEM

Syrian units at setup are positioned outside their setup zone, so they cannot be placed inside.

They start right in the middle of the US setup, but nobody starts shooting. American soldiers say:

"Hey, we are spotting enemy vehicles"

and they are standing right next to them but they do nothing. That is actually funny.