Video Tutorials for the Mission Editor

Webwing

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--

I just checked the tutorials and they have passed the 1.000 downloads mark!!!!

I just hope everyone got what they expected out of the videos.

I'm not sure I'll do another tutorial. I guess this is probably enough to get people started.

Most topics related to the Mission Editor are being discussed in various threads by people that now already have a lot of experience with the Editor. Personally I'm learning a lot of stuff by reading those threads.

I just wish we could get a forum area just for Editor issues. It would make things a lot more organized.

--

Originally posted by Webwing:

--

I just wish we could get a forum area just for Editor issues. It would make things a lot more organized.

--

I agree ...I sure don't know what matt and moon are waiting on ..I know they are busy with patch work for TOW and the upcoming release of the new CM ..but please get this sorted out.

Regards,

Gunz

Originally posted by Jard:

Can you please post a new mirror for these videos. I'm sure they would help me greatly but I can't use Rapidshare (or Megaupload for that matter).

For the first 5 videos you now have to option of bestsharing as well as rapidshare.

I'll add megaupload soon.

--

• 3 weeks later...

Great tutorials! These got me very interested in ToW and I was just about to purchase my copy.. when I suddenly learned it was protected by one of those pesky online license-crap that only cause problems for paying customers. Too bad, as I have also been looking forward to CM:SF for a very long time.

Anyway, just registered to tell you these tutorials was really good. BF should hire you. Now color me gone.. unless CM:SF is released with a more customer friendly and less restrictive protection.

__EDIT__

Changed my mind.. downloading now and WOW it's a fast server! 1.7GB in little over 1 hour.

Cheers!

[ July 01, 2007, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: jogr ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Webwing, i just want to say "Thank you" for the really nice made Tutorials! smile.gif

After taking a look into the manual i thought i will never use the editor...

But then, your Tutorials helped me a lot to understand the basics so i gave it a try.

Now i can arrange my in-Game Videos much much easier! smile.gif

Why Battlefront didn't already hired you?

Greetings from Switzerland

• 3 weeks later...

A belated thank you for the video tutorials from a brand new player.

They are very accessible even for non native speakers and are a fundamental help to understand the editor.

Maybe you could do to another one or two on odds and ends or things you found out in the mean time?

Anyway, thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the feedback.

I haven't had time for games in the last months so no TOW for me in a while. I'm not even sure I can remember how to play or use the mission editor anymore.

Anyway, more than 3.000 downloads of the tutorials so far!!!

I'm thinking of using my spare time now to take a look at CMSF and specially it's mission editor. Let's check the DEMO again first...

• 2 months later...

The problem is that when i click on the link and it goes to the rapidshare website, it comes up with an error message saying (File not Found)?

And also i am trying to open the .mat file for the briefing maps etc. And i cant find a program that will allow me to open it and edit it.

What did you use in the video (no.7).

crazyman56,

You were right, there was a problem with the link...

I uploaded it again and tested. Still has a problem. I honestly don't know what is going on.

I have to find another place to put the files...

Apparently they are deleted after 90 days without a download. Most have been downloaded for the last time a few days ago.

As for tutor 7 I used Photoshop. You can use any graphic manipulation program.

Try again.

--