When is the demo ready?

mazex

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Yup, it's been one helluva thread. I wonder how many more twists and turns there will be for this thread. What next?

Glad to see Megakill is back.

P.S. Long live the cowbell!

cowbell.jpg

Are you saying the demo is not ready because BF is demanding that 1C add more cowbell? If 1C listens to BF they will be wearing gold diapers!

:D

It has nothing to do with translating it. It has to do with BF asking for a number of changes made for the non-Russian version of TOW.

Those changes have to go into both the game and the demo.

So you won't see the demo until BF is satisfied with the game.

(Course if these forums had everything asked for added in it'll be 2017 before the game is ready...not to mention the hellacious cost overuns that would cause... :D )

Originally posted by Darryl60:

It has nothing to do with translating it. It has to do with BF asking for a number of changes made for the non-Russian version of TOW.

You sure about that? Judging from their own posts, it has everything to do with the translation.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Oh, and the game still isn't translated into English or any other non-Russian language. So yeah, that alone is keeping it out of your hands. It is not a small effort. That's why localization is often done after the initial release in a single primary language.

Steve

Originally posted by Megakill:

Guys Russian version will be slightly ahead of w/w release. We need some extra time to get all translations done, etc, etc.

Demo - now it is almost there. With BF for final testing.

Your right, I know since I quoted him and asked for further details about it. But never got a response. Check out the 1-page thread here.

And for the very lazy, here's a direct quote.

Originally posted by Megakill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by luckyorwhat:

I really don't think that's a problem. If the developers are being delayed by forum suggestions, then I'm Santa Claus.

Well, time to buy the red outfit then. I am serious. :cool: </font>

Donk, Donk, Donk, .......... ad nauseam.

*licks lips*

---oo ---

--- oo---

Looks both ways!!!!!

wait..... scratches at the screscraw area.

THERE!!!.... In the distance......... is it the distinct sound?????

SHOW ME ONE TIME..............

THE COOOOOWWWWWWBEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL..........

SOMEBODY SCREAM!!!!!!!!

MeatEtr,

You sure about that? Judging from their own posts, it has everything to do with the translation.
Yes and no. For sure the translations have been holding things up. That's absolutely correct. However, we've also requested some changes which 1C has agreed to implement. We all agreed that it would be better to hold off on the demo until these features are in and working as intended. That means a few more weeks of coding and testing.

We really hope it doesn't take longer than that, but we will not relase a demo that we aren't completely happy with. Because if we aren't happy, you guys won't be happy. If you're not happy, you have a collective history of making that known. We'd rather avoid that by making you happy. Happy now? ;)

A little more seriously... putting out a demo is a pretty important step for any game. It gives players their first impression and first impressions always set the tone for discussion and excitement about the full version. Since we have only one shot at that first impression, we want to make sure the demo accurately reflects what the game is going to be. Right now 1C is working on a list of improvements for us and we felt that some of them were critical enough to hold back the demo.

It's all for the best. A rushed release is never a good release.

Steve