Dead Cows....

Melnibone

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

Hey, what about the live cows? Do the utters distend? Is the quantity of lactate appropriate to the breed, a Holstein say? Can the product be substituted for field rations, allowing the troops to carry more tea and condoms? Boy, it'd be great to get our hands on a Holstein!

PoE [/QB]

I knew a Cow Grog would be along soon with a disturbing level of information ;)

Grog, smog! It's lactose (sugar = sweet), not lactate (acid = sour).

And that cow obviously ain't dead, it's just sleeping!

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

Hey, what about the live cows? Do the utters distend? Is the quantity of lactate...

PoE

I knew a Cow Grog would be along soon with a disturbing level of information ;) [/QB]</font>

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

Grog, smog! It's lactose (sugar = sweet), not lactate (acid = sour).

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

Hey, what about the live cows? Do the utters distend? Is the quantity of lactate...

PoE

I knew a Cow Grog would be along soon with a disturbing level of information ;) </font>

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

No, I disagree.

I think it's chewing it's cud.

btw how can you guys talk about a cow, when there's a A30 challenger tank on the same piccy?

**drools**

Cow Tipping is a pastime allegedly common in rural areas, in which participants sneak up on an upright sleeping cow and then push it over for amusement. Some variants of this urban legend state that the cow is then unable to get up.

One popular variant relies on a supposition that cows lean into a steady wind while asleep in order to keep balance. Based on this, the cow tipper lightly pushes against one side of the cow's torso, and gradually increases the force of push. The cow, while asleep, leans into the push and remains upright. Then when the cow tipper has all of their body weight on the cow, they jump to the side. The cow, still leaning into the ‘wind’, tips over in that direction.

Everyone thinks they can tip a cow, but them thingies are heavy. I like the steady wind bit. It informatively explains how cows sleep when there is no wind. You'll find that the ones who claim to know the most about cow tipping are the ones that have never touched a live cow.

Cows do not sleep standing up. They rarely truely sleep at all. I have had my arm up many a cows ass to the shoulder and if you know anything about cows you would know why.

Since we have a Challenger it's obviously West front and a Holstein would not be out of place. You might see Holsteins on the East front but I would guess these would be limited to the larger collectives near large cities where a large amount of fluid milk is desired. The small farms would likely have a colored breed whose higher butter fat content would be more desirable in the production of butter and cheese, items that could be preserved longer.

P.S. A dead Holstein, being larger should provide more cover than , say, a dead Jersey.

[ July 31, 2006, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Sequoia ]