Another WWII Franchise goes Modern!

I think it looks great! But I wish they did one on the Pacific as no really good shooters were made on it and I think that MoH's game wasn't very good at all. But I like this one and hope it surpasses CoD2 and is also released for the PC as a standalone version and not some console copy.

Oh, and the person who cut that video needs to be subjected to torture. I understand the teens of today have an attention span of 0.25 seconds, but I think there were at most 15 frames of each take, then cut to one frame with the text "U WANNA GIVE UR MONEY", then a new take.

clockwork_big.jpg

Originally posted by Nick Schieben:

Copying you? You wish ...

Umm, Im pretty sure what Martin was doing there was making a 'joke', hehe.

I was reading a COD forum yesterday about this announcement and I was quite suprised to see how many people were welcoming the change as they were wanting a break from the WW2 theme. It should be very impressive if their previous releases are anything to go by.

Cool looking video. smile.gif But I would hardly call yet another unrealistic (but good looking) FPS competition for CM. ;) It's sort of like BF2, lots of fun to play, but it's no Rainbow 6. Just arcadey type fun with lots of action.

If you want to see a cool video, check out this one below. Taking down commie dirtbags! smile.gif

ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/worldinconflict/videos/WIC_TRL_CES_720.mov

Hang on! CoD is not anywhere near ready with the WW2 theme when can we play as axis huh! and CoD always looks good but is still a run and gun FPS that gets boring in 3 minutes, i tell ya folks i was overwelmed with happiness in CMBO when i could play as axis! they should do the same in CoD

I hadn't heard of "World In Conflict" before. Looks amazing but I reckon it will be a fairly basic RTS like "Command & Conquer" at heart.

Whatever the opinions of the "WWII ETO Only" brigade you have to admit that from a purely commercial point of view BFC could not have picked a better time to be doing a "Modern Warfare" version of CM. Everyone and his dog seems to be trying to emulate the success of "Battlefield 2" at the moment.

Good luck BFC! It can only benefit us fans of CM if the company makes a healthy profit with CM:SF.

"I see Grand Theft Auto: Baghdad will be out soon"

Oh... My... God!

What, you get to choose between rollplaying either an ex-Ba'athist Sunni or a member of Sadr's Mahdi Army? I've got a high tolerance for this kinda stuff but that creeps me out in the extreme!

capri-gtabaghdad.jpg

I'm assuming Strike Force will at least let you play from any side, like other CM games.

CoD4 is just another kill all "evil" hordes with inherent, flawless "good." They didn't even have a German campaign in their other games.

Originally posted by Task:

I'm assuming Strike Force will at least let you play from any side, like other CM games.

CoD4 is just another kill all "evil" hordes with inherent, flawless "good." They didn't even have a German campaign in their other games.

Yes, not only can you play either side but you can play against your own side with Nato vs Nato and Syria vs Syria so expect to see some interesting scenario combinations.

Originally posted by Task:

You hit the head of the nail there.