Bail Out

Gotta love how bail-out is bound to K, a key that is bound to a certain move order of some importance...

Go forth and clear the area my men... ok that wasn't what I had in mind, oh now your dead.

Actually on that note can some one upload or suggest a hotkey layout that works best? I can't seem to decide what to use.

[ November 06, 2007, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Flanker15 ]

Originally posted by Flanker15:

Gotta love how bail-out is bound to K, a key that is bound to a certain move order of some importance...

Go forth and clear the area my men... ok that wasn't what I had in mind, oh now your dead.

You mean, you have not yet remapped the hotkeys?!?!

Please do so instantly!!!

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Flanker15:

You mean, you have not yet remapped the hotkeys?!?!

Please do so instantly!!!

Best regards,

Thomm </font>

it works

park the AFV behind the hill or building or rise, dismount the crew (bail out), have the crew slow move (crawl on their belly) to the top of the crest of the hill or dash into a building, and then face in the direction of the suspected enemy, if you do this somewhat "stealthily" then you can find out where the enemy units are and then get the crew back into the Afv and retreat.

it works GREAT if you use technical precision in the execution to make sure the crew does not open fire (tight 10m cover arc) and make sure they keep their heads down except to peak over the crest.

Originally posted by Darkmage:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MiB:

Dark, yes you can. I have done things as zwobot said in certain games, especially with the fragile-as-glass BMPs.

Its not a bad tactic.

oh rite, whats the difference in spotting between being in your vehicle and jumping out to have a peak over a ridge? </font>

Originally posted by Flanker15:

Can you tell me yours?

I do not use the universal keys AT ALL.

For the commands I have not mapped (from the top of my head this is only Split-AT) I use the mouse.

I overwrote all camera control keys. Again, I use the mouse for that.

S.low

M.ove

F.ast

H.ide

h.U.nt

V ... cover arc (clever, ain't it)

+ ... aquire (clever, ain't it)

P.ause

T.arget

Y ... target light

D.eploy

C.onceal = pop smoke

N ... face

# ... dismount

Works for me!

Best regards,

Thomm

The "classic" hotkeys as known from CMx1 that come into my mind would be (in no particular order):

M - Move

T - Target

H - Hide

O - Rotate = Face

C - Cover arc

J - Clear cover arc

E - Advance to contact = Hunt

S - Sneak/Slow

F - Fast

X - Clear target

And the non-existant Q for shoot and scoot.

Whats funny is the first time I tried using the crew to spot, I parked a T55 behind a ridge and bailed the crew. 5m from the tank, a US mg shoots through the ridge and wipes out the crew. They were at least 15m from the top of the ridge. Other than that LOS/LOF bug, the scouting technique is pretty cool and almost mandatory for red tanks.