We will be able to play as Syrians

From the official announcement:

"The campaign is single player only from the US side. Quick Battles and user made Scenarios (using the Editor) can be played from both sides. Additionally there is an option to play "Blue on Blue" where US forces face off against US forces."

Someone also asked about Red on Red. I don't see why not, so probably that too.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

From the official announcement:

"The campaign is single player only from the US side. Quick Battles and user made Scenarios (using the Editor) can be played from both sides. Additionally there is an option to play "Blue on Blue" where US forces face off against US forces."

Someone also asked about Red on Red. I don't see why not, so probably that too.

Steve

1. What is the rationale behind not having a Syrian campaign. Personally, I would like the option to play both sides.

2. Will it be possible for the user to create additional campaigns for the U.S. side?

Chasing the Hare above...

3. I am wondering BFC how you can have Red on Red Quick Battles and the capacity to go the Syrians in user made Scenarios but still not be able to play a Campaigne as the Syrians?

I'm thinking of both (Edited) Battles and Operations for Solo play or single Human vrs another single Human on line or head to head and not of multi-player / team play.

I can understand that trying to participate in a multi-player game as the Syrians might be a bit impossible since I don't know any Arabic!

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

Chasing the Hare above...

3. I am wondering BFC how you can have Red on Red Quick Battles and the capacity to go the Syrians in user made Scenarios but still not be able to play a Campaigne as the Syrians?

Because, the campaign is only playable from one side. It could be designed to be played as Syrians, but then you couldn't play as US. Think of the campaigns in Steel Panthers.

Originally posted by SSgt Viljuri:

Wicky wrote: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Quick Question - Who's being commissioned to do the Syrian/Arabic voices?

Dunno. But don't go to Syria or Iraq, it would be too dangerous or something. Apart from lingvistic faculties (read: expensive), France has a sizeable Syrian minority (hardly surprising). </font>

Originally posted by SSgt Viljuri:

Wicky wrote: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Quick Question - Who's being commissioned to do the Syrian/Arabic voices?

Dunno. But don't go to Syria or Iraq, it would be too dangerous or something. Apart from lingvistic faculties (read: expensive), France has a sizeable Syrian minority (hardly surprising). </font>

BFC must have some confidence in their new AI to go with an human vs AI only campaign. Intriguing.

As to playing with Abrams. If this hypothetical 2007 Syria has mostly bridges rated for under 50 tons it might take some doing to get the beast from point A to point B on a map without something unfortunate happening to it. I suspect the game's going to be Stryker heavy simply due to the terrain!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

BFC must have some confidence in their new AI to go with an human vs AI only campaign. Intriguing.

Very intriguing and promising if the BFI are thinking along the lines of developing significant improvements to the abilities of the Strat AI for more than just the multi-CoPlay FPS like side of CMx2. However I really fear that they might just be banking on the complexity of the multi-player team members working together to create by itself enough difficulties gaming wise to compensate for the intelligence or lack there of in the CPU opponent's handling of tactics. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Actually they don't have confidence in their AI. That's one reason they are not going to do a Syrian campaign. You would need an AI capable of doing attacking for that. Defending is much easier for the AI to do. Making a good AI for this kind of game is hard. You could propably put as much effort in the AI alone than in the rest of the game and still the AI wouldn't be that great.