Good lord.......

I'm not much for discussion boards, prior to this one. So maybe it's just something normal.

But if you hate the game, or you think it's broken, etc etc... why come here ? Are you just being a dick ?

Do you honestly think that spending every waking minute bitching about how this is broken or that was a stupid idea will change anything ? If it's a genuine problem or bug, it will get fixed. If it's a design choice, it won't.

Everyone has chimed in on this or that. But popping up on every single post, and repeatedly pointing out the same tired crap..... Why ?

If you're being an A*hole, that's okay. If not, you're just being unintentionally obnoxious.

I do hope your not talking about me Dick ( ;) ) ...cause I luv this thing ..but I suck big time at this here new weaponry. And I do believe it is gonna get better and better'n as time goes on.

I also am getting tired and more tired at some of these heathens tellin me over and over why I should not like this here'n game.

Regards,

Gunz

Originally posted by Bradley Dick:

I'm not talking about anyone specific. Just ranting. I'm angry today.

Come on ...don't be angry ...life is too short for that. I know ..the stock market is goin down and believe me it's gonna hurt me big time ..but life is good ..at least as long as I don't find my name in the obits. It's going to get better buckaroo. Hang in there.

Regards,

Gunz

BFC fixes problems that get grumbled about. If nobody cares, there's no reason to fix issues, even known issues.

Further, based on BFC's responses, issues that get brought up once at the back of a single thread may get totally missed. So you bring it up every time the subject comes up until it's fixed.

We're not being a**holes, we just love the game (or its potential) and want to see if fixed and help that process along. I guess you could call us obnoxious, but this is how games get fixed in the "release beta then listen to the boards" format (see practically any MMORPG out there for examples).

Seriously, head over to World of Warcraft's forums or Lord of the Ring Online's forums and spend a few minutes reading the blathering insanity that arises when people spot an actual bug. Those games use a very similar release model to CM:SF's... damn, man, we're being positively civilized here on this forum.

Complaining is definitely a part of any game Forum, but it is a HUGE part of a wargame Forum. The trick is to figure how how to ignore 95% of the hubris and focus on the real issues that people are attempting to bring up, even if done poorly.

The other day I heard an interview with people that teach/practice NVC (Non-Violent Communications). Very interesting. I found that, by and large, it is how I handle the feedback on the Forum. And that is to not focus on the message as much as what is driving it. It's a difficult thing to do sometimes because some people almost delibertaely try to be unproductive.

Fortunately for everybody, there are enough people that can put together a post and express themselves well enough to be understood. When we fix the problems for the calm, rational, polite people we also fix them for the people who come off sounding like a 5 year old. Which underscores how unnecessary their behavior is. When it is 3am and I'm still working on fixing a problem, it isn't because some guy posted an abusive message :D

Steve

There you go ..one question tho ...do you really mean "Re-enlist!"

I considered it on May 29 1971 ..after just returning from Nam and processing out of the army at Ft. Dix after 3 yrs ...for a few seconds and said to self ...Naw ...I'm going home.

Regards,

Gunz

Edit to direct question to Dick. Metalbrew jumped in between us. LOL

Regards,

Gunz

Hell no, I got out in June of 2006. Just haven't changed my signature. And even when I wrote it, I think it was supposed to be a joke.

Whenever anyone would complain about the Army, we would tell them to Re-enlist. A guy in our unit would complain every day, all day. And then, when he found out he was eligible for promotion, he ran to the retention NCO. Never heard another complaint out of him after that. Well, we did. But we always said "______, STFU you just re-enlisted."

Originally posted by Bradley Dick:

You know, I actually just went and looked at some other forums..........

I stand corrected. This really is like an upper class, high society, tea party in comparison.

Would you be a dear and pass the crumpets please?

metalbrew:

lol

Bradley: A piece of friendly advice...something I learned the hard way on this forum in 1999. If somebody has you really pissed...DO NOT reply until you have slept, kissed your wife, hugged the kids, and played with the pets...whatever it is that calms you down and allows you to focus on what REALLY is important. And if you still feel the need send one of your articulate post. "Opinions Vary" is a phrase I like. Stole it from the Movie Road House...If you've seen it You'll know exactly what I mean.

Originally posted by thelmia:

Ha! The central paradox of forums.

I complain in the hope my problems get fixed. I want this to be a great game. Posts about how it's all DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED aren't productive.

They will be. It will be. Gawd ..I hate doomsayers and people that try to convince me why I should feel the way they do.

Regards,

Gunz

well...

I still can't play the game, its on my relativly good pc completly unplayable..not to mention the sacrifice of QB points buying in favour of a totally screwed up TOE system which is just as unrealistic (4 squads 14 cars ????)

I paid good money for this game, and not happy..is that ok with you?

Janster