Performance is ridiculously bad

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

I just updated my drivers, got the windows patch for dual core (which did fix flickering shadows.) Running version 1.01.

Core 2 Duo 2.6 ghz

NVIDIA 7950 GTX 512 megs vram,

2 gibs of RAM

At my native resolutions with settings towards the middle, I was literally gettings seconds per frame. With everything turned down/off, and my resolution at 1024x768, I get around 10-15 FPS. Completely unplayable.

Furthermore, the camera is extremely laggy. When I use right click to rotate, it continues to rotate a full 1-2 seconds longer after I've stopped moving the mouse.

What the hell? :|

There's something else at work on your system then, because I have almost literally that same system (2.1 Ghz and GT instead of GTX) and it plays smoothly even at the "Better" detail level at 1280x1024.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I suggest popping over to the new CM:SF Tech Support Forum and we'll try to work it through with you. There should be a fix for it "as is". If not, we'll certainly want to work with you to figure out why your system isn't happy with CM.

Steve

Steve, we have several posts up in the tech forum. What's the next step?

My earlier report may have been overlooked, but I'm running an 8800GTS with the latest drivers (162.18 which are the ones that released 2 days ago) and I'm not experiencing problems. I don't think the 8800 is a problem at all. CM:SF is also running fine at 'best' quality with an older nVidia 7900GS for me with the drivers from May (forget the version number, but it works fine)

Hey folks, I can't guess exactly how your machines are setup, but be sure you look beyond video drivers for updates. Most folks that play an asortment of games are good about drivers, but also a lot of CM fans run old hardware and primarily really old games. Check that your motherboard chipset and processor drivers are the latest as well.

Fraps slowing down FPS in CM:SF

I do not know how you wanner measure your performance but I tell you this - Fraps slow your game to the degree of unplayable!

As Razer has been keeping on telling - hands of keyboard! Absolutely no use of wasdqe. Use mouse for panning and your lmb or rmb for zooming your camera!

-

AMD Athlon 2800, 1 Gbyte, ATI 9800pro (7.7)

3D Texture set to fastest.

-

Hi ive no problems system is p4 3 gig with an GeForce 7900gt XFX 1 gig ram works super just play with the settings a bit in game and also the graph card settings you will see it runs smooth super and great. at least the demo does for me.

what i do have to say i use the old drivers for my card force ware version 83.91

also set the AAS and AF to 4

I didn't use FRAPS. I found out that reducing texture or model quality (can't remember which one, I'm at work) a bit made a huge difference, altough I didn't notice much difference in the image quality.

I'd still expect that my brand new super computer would run this smoothly with quality maxed. Seems like something is flawed, but I'm not sure.

Well anyway, I can play it now smoothly so I'm not too displeased. smile.gif

i thought it was normal for me to have slow fps because CM are not very high end fast graphics but seems to be problems because i have a X1900XT abd a 4600+ dual core and even with shadows off (which are ugly anyway) and it's 10fps in 1800x1024.

so i'm gonna check the tech forum right now smile.gif

mogg,

Indeed, looks like one of the dual processor fixes will help you out!

Molotov_billy,

Very interesting! Normally we don't endorse reverting drivers, but until we can figure out a better work around it is certainly an option for people. I myself am using Catalyst 7.1 drivers from almost 7 months ago. They work for CM and I don't use any other games so I stuck with it. Plus, I am using a Mac and that is pretty much the last version I could get to work with Apple's BootCamp :( Which reminds me... I should check to see if they finally updated the drivers!

Steve