The Peng Challenge Thread, it’s good to be back!

37mm

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Seanachai

I share the sense that we become less somehow as our friends and family seem to get snuffed out one by one over the years. We are left with memories and a bit of guilt. I still won't give advice or pretend to know how you feel.

This is where I'll disagree with you. I believe that we become MORE through all the loss and pain we experience. You are left with memories and guilt, perhaps, but the experiences that you've had with these people hopefully will make up for the emptiness of their physical presence. But death does not diminish us, but once the hurt is gone, it should enrich us and make us stronger. This has been my experience over the years from witnessing lots and lots of death (and the effects) of both strangers and loved ones. I never used to view death as such, but have learned to take this approach in order to survive both mentally and physically.

Seanachai, since you never didn't marry you never had the experience of losing your wife, children, in-laws, and a host of aunts and uncles and cousins with the signature of a judge on a divorce document. Before you finish your current slide into a maudlin state of self-pity, have you completely forgotten about Small Emma and Tiny Nora? Sure we lose people who have been in our lives all of the time, but we are also constantly adding new ones. We get the opportunity to pass along our memories of the missing to the new generations - and that keeps them present in our lives as well.

Anyway, you're not nearly old enough to be so grim. Surely having all these sundry Aussies and/or Belgians in your life brings you a ray of sunshine every day. Even if it's only from contemplating their mortality. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh, I know: I Challenge each and every one of you feckers to tell me one, true thing about yourself.

Joe, I'm too tired and too sad right now (and this after a good night) to fill out every form and observe every nuance. Please do me the very great favour of unleashing the vast, pointless, crushing power of the Justicariate on this issue.

Make the bastards cough up something Real.

I'm so tired of bad banter.

I know, I know my friend, they're a sad, sad lot with damned little in the way of banter, but damnit ... they're OUR sad, sad lot and that makes their banter OUR banter and by making it so it immeasurably improves their banter simply by mentioning it in the same breath as OUR own incomparable prose.

I hold this truth to be self-evident ... I shall publish the next podcast this weekend ... Gawd willing, creek don't rise, paperwork not spindled and so forth.

There ... THAT'S a true thing.

Joe

p.s. And remember lad, there's nothing so sad that watching the William Shatner roast on the Comedy Channel won't cure.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And remember lad, there's nothing so sad that watching the William Shatner roast on the Comedy Channel won't cure.

Unless it's waking up next to William Shattner in a sodden bed full of empty unguent bottles.

... or so I can imagine.

Well... I don't imagine it. Never have and never will.

Oh, just feck off the lot of you!

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

And remember lad, there's nothing so sad that watching the William Shatner roast on the Comedy Channel won't cure.

Unless it's waking up next to William Shattner in a sodden bed full of empty unguent bottles.

... or so I can imagine.

Well... I don't imagine it. Never have and never will.

Oh, just feck off the lot of you! </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

Surely having all these sundry Aussies and/or Belgians in your life brings you a ray of sunshine every day. Even if it's only from contemplating their mortality. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I love you Dave! **hugs**