The Peng Challenge Thread Wishes You All a Merry ... No We Don't!

Joe Shaw

Originally posted by Elvis:

Hey Joe,

I was just looking at the Dorosh picture in the Podcast thingie site. Is the other guy there Shane McGowan?

Love,

Elvis

He: It was Christmas Eve babe

In the drunk tank

An old man said to me, won't see another one

And then he sang a song

The rare old mountain DEW

I turned my face away

And dreamed about you

Got on a lucky one

Came in eighteen to one

I've got a feeling

This year's for me and you

So happy Christmas

I love you baby

I can see a better time

When all our dreams come true

She: They've got cars big as bars

They've got rivers of gold

But the wind goes right through you

It's no place for the old

When you first took my hand

On a cold Christmas Eve

You promised me

Broadway was waiting for me

She: You were handsome

He: You were pretty

Queen of New York City

Both: When the band finished playing

They howled out for more

Sinatra was swinging,

All the drunks they were singing

We kissed on a corner

Then danced through the night

The boys of the NYPD choir

Still singing "Galway Bay"

And the bells were ringing out

For Christmas day

She: You're a bum

He: You're a punk

You're an old slut on junk

Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed

She: You scumbag, you maggot

You cheap lousy faggot

Happy Christmas your arse

I pray God it's our last

For Christmas day

He: I could have been someone

She: Well so could anyone

You took my dreams from me

When I first found you

He: I kept them with me babe

I put them with my own

Can't make it all alone

I've built my dreams around you

For Christmas day

Fairy Tale of New York

-the Pogues

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Alone? I suppose. But I am never alone, really. All of you lot are always with me. And I have my small friend, Emma.

I'm currently after watching the best Christmas Movie ever made.

'We're No Angels', with Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray.

I imagine I've said this before, but I figure Berli for Bogart's character, Peng for Aldo Ray, and me for Peter Ustinov.

It's a simple principle of the Universe that Mythical Combinations come in threes.

For anyone familiar with the movie, I figure Stuka for Paul. Joe Shaw would be the Father. I figure Bugged for Isabelle.

But who for Cousin Andre? Dorosh?

I want to play Adolph.

'Ever' six weeeks or so,' Boo 'them does would throw a litter, so we'd have plenty of rabbits to eat an' to sell. An' we'd keep a few pigeons to go flyin' around the win'mill like they done when I was a kid. An' it'd be our own, an' nobody could can us. If we don't like a guy, we can say: "Get the hell out," an' by God he's got to do it. An' if a fren' come a long, why we'd have an extra bunk, an' we'd say: "Why don't you spen' the night," an' by God he would. We'd have a setter dog and a couple stripe cats, but you gotta watch out them cats don't get the little rabbits.'

Do you understand, Boo? It's important that you keep the farm cats away from the baby rabbits.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

OK, you can play Burgess Meredith and I'll play Lon Chaney Jr.

But I STILL get to play Adolph.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Alone? I suppose. But I am never alone, really. All of you lot are always with me. And I have my small friend, Emma.

I'm currently after watching the best Christmas Movie ever made.

'We're No Angels', with Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray.

I imagine I've said this before, but I figure Berli for Bogart's character, Peng for Aldo Ray, and me for Peter Ustinov.

It's a simple principle of the Universe that Mythical Combinations come in threes.

For anyone familiar with the movie, I figure Stuka for Paul. Joe Shaw would be the Father. I figure Bugged for Isabelle.

But who for Cousin Andre? Dorosh?

I want to play Adolph. </font>

Oh, Boo, I hope this Christmas Season finds you as well as I am becoming.

You know, last night my friend Small Emma and I were sitting on the couch together, watching Bugs Bunny cartoons, that her Dad had put on. And at one point she looked over at me, and said 'Grandma Steve, you still have a big belly.' And gives it a pat.

And I told her: 'Yes, Emma. that is because I do not eat good things. I eat very poorly, and so I still have a very big belly. It makes me sad.'

And the little moppet looks at me all serious and attentive, and tells me: 'I like your belly, Grandma Steve'.

I am become Santa.

Originally posted by Abbott:

Merry Christmas StoryTeller .

Merry Christmas, you redneck bugger. And the power of the Solstice be yours. And have a feckin' merry New Year.

In the New Year, may we all be as rich as kings, and as happy as beggars with 'enough'. And may we do good with whatever excess of wealth and happiness we find ourselves with.

You know, I wish that I could be Henry II and simply mutter something like 'Will no one rid me of this troublesome Finn?' and have a gang of rightwing nutters ride off and slaughter someone.

...{snipped}...

Hence the need for rules Seanachai and most particularly the one relating to those Sent To Coventry ... to wit ... There shall be no direct communication with one sent to Coventry by any member of the Peng Challenge Thread while within the confines of said Peng Challenge Thread. Those Sent To Coventry have been judged on their own actions and have been found wanting.

So ... "Who will rid you of this troublesome Finn" ... we ALL will, and so will YOU once you determine to follow the FREAKING RULES!

I take no joy in reminding an Olde One of his duty in this regard ... well ... maybe a LITTLE joy.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I take no joy in reminding an Olde One of his duty in this regard ... well ... maybe a LITTLE joy.

Joe

Goddamn it, Joe, isn't there some place you can post a list of Coventry? Am I supposed to know and/or remember which fecking halfwit we've decided has **** his pants enough times to be ignored?

I'm not a patient man. You're the freaking Justicar. Make it work.

Oh, and did you get my Holiday Greeting?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Goddamn it, Joe, isn't there some place you can post a list of Coventry? Am I supposed to know and/or remember which fecking halfwit we've decided has **** his pants enough times to be ignored?

I'm not a patient man. You're the freaking Justicar. Make it work.

Oh, and did you get my Holiday Greeting? </font>

Seanachai! You pustule on the backside of storytelling.

[serious]Bless Small Emma.[/serious]

I am rather pissed off that you, the Gnome de jour, Gnome de Guerre, Gnome de plume, and Gnomebody knows the trouble I've seen.

I called you out a few iterations ago, but NO, you can't be feckin' coerced into checking in with any regularity. I'd almost congratulate you on this (the grating on me nerves, that is), except I seem to have had my train of thought derailed by Malt Liquor.

Where was I?

Oh. Seanachai! You've pissed me off repeatedly for reasons I cannot remember. YOU, sir, are something. And I find that reprehensible.

Originally posted by Leeo:

Oh. Seanachai! You've pissed me off repeatedly for reasons I cannot remember. YOU, sir, are something. And I find that reprehensible.

That I am something is a fact. That I am reprehensible, is a fact. That I piss people off...is a fact.

If we get right down to it, I've pissed you off for several years. This makes me glad. I cannot stand useless people.

Earlier today I did a small mental inventory of the tidbits of information that have come to me over the years about people I went to school with. Every single one of them would qualify for a page in Forbes, or Wired, or some other magazine that deals with people who 'Have Achieved'.

I remain, stupid, lost, and alone.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

That I am something is a fact. That I am reprehensible, is a fact. That I piss people off...is a fact.

If we get right down to it, I've pissed you off for several years. This makes me glad. I cannot stand useless people.

Earlier today I did a small mental inventory of the tidbits of information that have come to me over the years about people I went to school with. Every single one of them would qualify for a page in Forbes, or Wired, or some other magazine that deals with people who 'Have Achieved'.

I remain, stupid, lost, and alone. </font>

Umm, Dear Penguins...

This is going to sound corny but . . .

[serious]Thank you for all the fun you've provided me here. It's been a few years worth. I'm sure it will last me a lifetime. I love each and every one of you, but it's time for me to move on; a blessing to most I imagine. A curse to maybe a couple. Especially thanks to Master Berli for welcoming me here, Babs, Stuka, dalem, Boo, and especially Mace, but everyone else too.

This is sounding like the Academy Awards I guess, but oh well.

When you think of me, think of Hamster Faces and Peng Challenge mods, and all the times I kicked your asses in the game. =)

Thanks for all the laughs and and insults . . . and Happy Holidays to all. You will always be in my memories. =)[/serious]

Anyone who wants to yell at me can email me at kittyusmc@hotmail.com

Kitty retracting claws, out of ammunition. God Save the King.

Originally posted by Kitty:

Thank you for all the fun you've provided me here. It's been a few years worth. I'm sure it will last me a lifetime. I love each and every one of you, but it's time for me to move on; a blessing to most I imagine. A curse to maybe a couple. Especially thanks to Master Berli for welcoming me here, Babs, Stuka, dalem, Boo, and especially Mace, but everyone else too.

Kitty what can I say?

You have been such a great wonderful friend to me and it's damned hard to see you go. In fact this is one of the saddest days of my life.

But I've got to thank you for those years of fun and laughter and entertainment we shared together.

I am going to miss you so much, Debbi. There's not so many women in this world that are as wonderful as you.

Rob

Originally posted by Mace:

Why dont you piss off?

Coventry you Ozzie goof ... however, one can understand your post in light of the news about Dame Kitty.

Would it be too late to ask you to reconsider Milady? We need good people here ... and you're one of the best.

Joe

Kitty's going? Again? *yawn*

Thanks for the chat the other day regarding my friend's marriage - was nice to see you outside your persona. I'm not going to get too wrapped up in all the teary goodbye stuff since, like, I suspect we'll be seeing you again, maybe later rather than sooner. Not like you haven't left before. *shrug*

Bon voyage, anyway, and remember who's always right, eh?

The rest of you - grow some stones. If she really needs to leave, then I'm sure it's a decision she has not come to lightly. To plead for reconsideration only suggests she wasn't smart enough to know what she's doing. Or at least save the tears for private emails - it's not like she didn't say in plain English "hey, email me - and here's the address" :rolleyes: So email her and quit your gibbering.

*whew* - if that doesn't get me more hated than Seanachai, I don't know what does. Dorosh 1, Gnome 0, eh.

So Seanachai - what's all this about a face to face in 2007? I want my personally engraved invitation, damn it. :mad:

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Kitty's going? Again? *yawn*

Thanks for the chat the other day regarding my friend's marriage - was nice to see you outside your persona. I'm not going to get too wrapped up in all the teary goodbye stuff since, like, I suspect we'll be seeing you again, maybe later rather than sooner. Not like you haven't left before. *shrug*

Bon voyage, anyway, and remember who's always right, eh?

The rest of you - grow some stones. If she really needs to leave, then I'm sure it's a decision she has not come to lightly. To plead for reconsideration only suggests she wasn't smart enough to know what she's doing. Or at least save the tears for private emails - it's not like she didn't say in plain English "hey, email me - and here's the address" :rolleyes: So email her and quit your gibbering.

*whew* - if that doesn't get me more hated than Seanachai, I don't know what does. Dorosh 1, Gnome 0, eh.

So Seanachai - what's all this about a face to face in 2007? I want my personally engraved invitation, damn it. :mad:

You may have noted that no one asked YOU to reconsider when you announced you'd be leaving ... oh wait, did you not announce that?

Well ... no time like the present then.

Joe

Joe, you frigging moron, if I express my delight that the Clawed One is leaving, the odds are good that she will stay just to spite me...

Oh well, I guess I can be a "joiner" at Christmastime

OH WOE IS ME, KITTY, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY!

Better? :confused:

The question is - who would she rather spite more - me, or you?

Incidentally, just listening to the holiday podcast - did Nidan1 take time out from his job at the mortician's to record that? Cause it sounded like he was on "company time". The juxtaposition of the "voice of doom" with the "have fun" message was pleasantly offset by his use of terminology like "Judeo-Christian" which I am sure had 50% of your audience (ie two people) scrambling for the dictionary...

Dear Seanachai,

Thank you for posting the lyrics to the best damn Christmas song ever.

Merry Christmas,

Elvis

P.S. I am curious...why is Kitty leaving again? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way...I really don't....has she become seriously ill? Losing her computer or internet? Going to prison? Getting banned by Steve or Matt? Did I miss something?