The Peng Challenge Thread Wishes You All a Merry ... No We Don't!

Joe Shaw

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

SEND ME AN EMAIL and I'LL CALL YOU!

Joe

Yeah, and once Joe Shaw has your phone number, you're never free.

And I'm not just talking about the phone calls at 3 AM when he's scared and lonely... or drunk... and is professing to "love you, man". No, you're also opening yourself up to the bored calls while he's driving home from work and he wants to be "entertained", the stupid calls where he asks pointless questions like should he wear brown socks with his brown shoes, or would black be OK?

Then come the calls where he wants to know what you're watching, so he can tune to the same channel and comment on the show like you two were in the same room, sharing the experience, "Wow, that Kramer sure is funny. Too bad Michael Richards went bizarro at the Laugh Factory. Are you eating chips? Hang on... I'll get some too"

Then he starts calling you "Buddy" and "Pal" and starts asking for favors and you realize that a few thousand miles for a buffer zone just might not be enough.

And don't even get me started on what you're in for if Seanachai gets hold of your number.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

This is the 3-alarm fire?

No one said there was a fire. I just wanted you to pile on. Fine job, soldier. Dismissed. </font>

Joe Shaw, how much free air time do you have for the scheduled holiday podcast? I may have convinced Ruddy to do a song and dance number with me. How many people took the bait so far?

Oh golly, what an opportunity. YOU and a Gawdawfuller SSN SINGING ... how could I pass that up ...

WATCH ME!

Joe

Ok you worthless Pengers, as a Christmas present to all, I will send a screenshot of some Rune evilness from CMSF. Who has a web site so it can show up in the thread and mess up the messages? Someone volunteer, or if not, I'll pick someone to be Boo's faithful sidekick.

Rune

Joe Shaw, how much free air time do you have for the scheduled holiday podcast? I may have convinced Ruddy to do a song and dance number with me. How many people took the bait so far?

OK, but you're doing Dolly's part of the duet.

If Islands in the Stream doesn't work out I'm also partial to Tool's ode to Ralph Klein, "Sober".

Sorry Abbott, no turn out last night, too busy wrapping prezzies. Tonight will be my last turn for a while, I'm headed to the land of ice, snow and no internet known as Coleman Township.

If I'm not back by January 2nd, send Sherpas.