The Peng Challenge Thread Wishes You All a Merry ... No We Don't!

Joe Shaw

This IS the Peng Challenge Thread of long ago, today and the far future. The Thread that will never die, the Thread that all other threads WISH they could be, the Thread that lives forever ... unlike, for example, YOU.

We have rules here ... rules you say? How can a Thread have rules? Simple, just like YOU.

THOU SHALT NOT ... debase or defame a Lady of the 'Pool for they are greater than you and always will be.

THOU SHALT NOT ... blather on ABOUT your pair but rather THOU SHALT post AS IF thou HAD a pair ... doubtful though that seems upon our first meeting.

THOU SHALT NOT ... challenge an established member of the CessPool but THOU SHALT confine thy challenges to the lesser lights here, SSNs (Scum Sucking Newbies) such as yourself, Serfs or the odd Squire (and they ARE) who has been sic'd on you to teach you manners.

THOU SHALT, however, CHALLENGE as this IS the Peng Challenge Thread and if you don't challenge then what's the good of you eh?

THOU SHALT have an email address and general location in thy profile that we may mock you for your choice of abode and send derisive emails ... or the odd challenge ... or reply to one winging it's electronic way to you.

ALL THESE THINGS THOU SHALT DO ... or simply follow the course of least resistance and the one you've followed so oft before and just ...

<big><big>SOD OFF!</big></big>

Joe

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Joe Shaw

The Auxilliary Backup Deputy Justiciar of the Peng Challenge Thread was and IS Sir Boo Radley AND I chastised him repeatedly over HIS misspelling of the word.

Yeah, but I never listen.

BTW, pretty good rules, Joe. I can dance to them, so I give them a strong 7.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Just for you, because it's Festivus and I care:

Dancing Gnome

Hewhosenamesoundslikeasneeze ! ... opps, sorry, broke my own rule there, Hakko Ichiu it's been too long ... well ... not really, but it IS the season and so I have to pretend that I care just as I have to send Christmas cards to people I hate and pretend that I don't.

Although I don't ... send Christmas cards that is ... to anyone, not just the people I hate like you ... where was I?

Joe

Originally posted by J. Rudey, Canadian, Communist and Test Driving Manic

"Yyyesss, er noo!!!Four wheel disk!! Four Wheel Disk!!!!"

Heh, yeah I pulled that one on a guy at Hertz car sales a couple of weeks ago while test driving a white Durango with a <big><big><big> HEMI </big></big></big> he just couldn’t make the sale, to many wrong answers to my questions. I would say “something/anything” and his reply was “Yep, I knew that”. I would then say “No you didn’t, you didn’t know that until I told you”. He would then look all confused for a moment and come up with another try at agreeing with anything and everything I asked. I couldn’t get a straight answer out of the bastard. After I asked what’s the price for this vehicle three times? And receiving the same answer three times “well, come in and sit down and let’s see what you want for your Trade In. I left.

Hey Ruddy are you ready for another PBEM? I am even willing to try CMAK if we can set something up in the Italian Theatre eh..

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... where was I?

Unfortunately not trapped in a bath full of angry crabs.

By the way, having just listened to your eleventh podcast, I can say it was probably the least amateurish of your efforts so far... shame it had to be wasted on a mere grog.

As for the squid misrepresentation in the last thread, I looked up images of colossal squid and that's what they gave me. I blame Google. And Joe Shaw.

Colossal squid are even bigger than giant ones though and they have hooks on their tentacles to tear flesh! I like them. =)

Originally posted by Abbott:

Hey Ruddy are you ready for another PBEM? I am even willing to try CMAK if we can set something up in the Italian Theatre eh..

Woot Abbott! CM Italia sounds like a larf - send me a file or send me an email asking for a file or send me a case of beer, I'll drink it and return the empty bottles for the deposit and we'll call it even.

Just don't slink off two turns into the battle like Prinzess Eunich did...

Happy Holidays all. I have 3 days off (more or less), a big bottle of Jim Beam, and 6 bottles of White Winter Winery mead to drink up before the New Year. I am a happy happy man.

Justicar, I will be calling with your Yuletides greetings on the morrow.

Abbot, or is it Abbot, does Oregon have legal CCW? For some reason, I just can't imagine you dwelling in a state without it...

Bugged, have you received anything resemebling an invitation from the great Lord Rune for this CMx2 preview? I think he may be delaying release to cover up the fact that he already drank our booze...

Seanachai, you have no plans at all to continue our game do you?

Mr. Peng, Do I owe you a turn? The last one I have that you should of gotten is Buffalo Stance.

To all you denizens of the MBT, even the Ozzies, may your new years be better than the old.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Happy Holidays all. I have 3 days off (more or less), a big bottle of Jim Beam, and 6 bottles of White Winter Winery mead to drink up before the New Year. I am a happy happy man.

Abbot, or is it Abbot, does Oregon have legal CCW? For some reason, I just can't imagine you dwelling in a state without it...

Hiya Cavscoutt I was glad to hear you were home safe. Gratz on the promotion at work, did your Chief give you an answer on buying that rifle?

Yes Oregon has a concealed carry permit but I haven't the need for one any longer, ( I am retired).

Merry Christmas to you and your family, I am sure they are pleased to have you home for the Holidays!

Oh and (obligatory comment) dang you!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Hiya Cavscoutt I was glad to hear you were home safe. Gratz on the promotion at work, did your Chief give you an answer on buying that rifle?

Yes Oregon has a concealed carry permit but I haven't the need for one any longer, ( I am retired).

Merry Christmas to you and your family, I am sure they are pleased to have you home for the Holidays!

Oh and (obligatory comment) dang you! </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Oh and (obligatory comment) dang you! </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Don't make me send the Auxilliary Backup Deputy Justiciar of the Peng Challenge Thread out there to do an attitude adjustment. I would myself but my duties require me to stay close to my computer and ... uh ... stuff.

Joe

Mess with me and you mess with the whole damn trailer park.

Jayne, the man they call Jayne

He robbed from the rich

And he gave to the poor

Stood up to the man

And gave him what for

Our love for him now

Ain't hard to explain

The hero of Canton

The man they call Jayne

Our Jayne saw the mudders' backs breakin'

He heard the mudders' lament

And he saw the magistrate takin'

Every dollar and leavin' five cents

So he said "you can't do that to my people"

He said "you can't crush them under your heel"

So Jayne strapped on his hat

And in 5 seconds flat

Stole everythin' Boss Higgins had to steal

He robbed from the rich

And he gave to the poor

Stood up to the man

And gave him what for

Our love for him now

Ain't hard to explain

The hero of Canton

The man they call Jayne

Now here is what separates heroes

From common folk like you and I

The man they call Jayne

He turned 'round his plane

And let that money hit sky

He dropped it onto our houses

He dropped it into our yards

The man they called Jayne

He stole away our pain

And headed out for the stars

He robbed from the rich

And he gave to the poor

Stood up to the man

And gave him what for

Our love for him now

Ain't hard to explain

The hero of Canton

The man they call Jayne.

The Ballad of Jayne

You know, here's the thing about our Dalem. He loudly proclaims himself to be Mal, when he's clearly a cut-rate Jayne.

Worse, he claims to that he's Scott Glenn, when he's so clearly Brian Dennehy...

Now, here's the thing, you buggers. Every time Dalem posts, I want you to, always, and without fail, begin any reply with:

"You are so Brian Dennehy..."

Alternatively, if you are of a more Sci-Fi bent, you may begin with:

"You are so Jayne..."