A-10 Gun Run

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

For the vids that worked, starting with the first one--wow, especially the last one! TylerF and J_Toe, your vids aren't coming up, and the LiveLeak error message is so tiny I almost didn't see it. Sure hope they're not using DU anymore in either country. I like the idea of a sound mod. As we've seen, though, it's like modeling the 88. First the target gets clobbered, then we hear the sounds of firing.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ May 08, 2008, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Here's that video that J_Toe posted earlier, but which is no longer on liveleak. Always risky calling in CAS, apparently this A-10 drifted a bit on it's attack run, or they called it in too close for comfort. Thank God our English friends were ok, though. smile.gif

Other Means,

This proves we need a colorful language mod. Purely for autheticity's sake!

Lee,

There's one case I've read of in which friendlies got strafed by an A-10, and a guy was actually inside the pattern and lived, being merely scuffed a bit by flying debris. Talk about lucky!

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, love that laser at night, very cool. smile.gif I wish some of these videos were available in higher res.

John Kettler: Don't know of any footage after the smoke clears, but I think it's safe to say the terrorists in there got nailed. smile.gif

Check out this video of an A-10 pilot doing an insanely low pass over some of our guys. haha smile.gif

Here's some more cool air strike footage. smile.gif

The first is a building or several buildings in Iraq where terrorists were hiding out in. Apparently 4 500 lb. bombs and 6 2,000 pounders were dropped on them by F-18's. smile.gif Two of the big ones didn't go off, though.

One of the videos is a practice CAS run in a MH-53M Pave Low IV chopper at night with miniguns and Browning .50 cal (in Iraq, I think).

The other chopper video is actually a Blackhawk (MH-60L DAP gunship variant) attacking terrorists in Iraq with miniguns, 30mm cannon and rockets at night. Very cool video, this version of the Blackhawk owns! smile.gif The title is wrong, it's a Blackhawk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr7sjDOdMO4

Yeah, it would be great for CM II to have accurate aircraft engine and weapons sounds (real audio samples) like those heard in these actual combat videos whenever possible for air strike missions. smile.gif

Fortunately, this would be a simple matter. Just play the appropriate sounds when the aircraft are making their attack runs. Hopefully this will be added soon. smile.gif

Originally posted by Lee:

Here's a video of some stupid terrorists coming back to get an RPG to fire at one of our Bradley's after the Bradley crew has already fired on them just seconds before in the exact same alley. Even by pathetic terrorist standards, these guys are retarded. haha smile.gif

////

I guess next we'll have someone come on here and try to lecture U.S. soldiers in combat on how they should be more sensitive to the feelings of terrorists and not mock them after shooting them... [Roll Eyes]

I think you miss the point entirely......

"Even by pathetic terrorist standards...?"

W-T-F? They're fighting against massive technology, firepower, resource and generally training advantages.

With all those things against them they still fight, nothing pathetic about that or them.

For the most part they're dangerous mutha'FluFFers, fighting a thousand pound guerrilla any way they can, who you definitely underestimate at your own peril.

Yep, the insurgents in that video you posted may have been stupid re-entering a field of fire in darkness like that in such a nonchalant way ..... on the other hand they were willing to risk their life to retrieve that RPG, which was probably quite an asset to them.

Your statement is naive in the extreme. I really hope your just a 13 year old hooyaa' and not an adult with such a myopic, unthinking perspective.

Originally posted by cool breeze:

there are lots of RPGs in Iraq.. They were stupid to go back to where they were just shot at whatever way you look at it.

I don't disagree, in fact I stated it.

The thrust of my point was to do with his 'Fox News' perception of the insurgents/terrorists.

And remember...... One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

KHuNT: Yeah, and according to some people Osama bin Laden is a great guy. So what, we're supposed to take idiots like that seriously?? There are always those who will support evil, or excuse it in some way. I'm not one of them, I have no lack of moral clarity on this topic. And I have no sympathy whatsoever for those that support, aid or actively participate in islamic terrorist groups, activities, funding, planning, etc. They are our enemies, period.

And for the record, those terrorists that went back for that RPG *were* stupid, really stupid. That's why our soldiers were laughing at them. smile.gif