A-10 Gun Run

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by the Fighting Seabee:

Nice, I had A10's fly right over my head and shoot, but I couldn't see the target. Sounds like a huge... uh, passing of wind. Nice video though, Live Leak has some crazy videos.

Hmmm. . . sounds like a call for a sound mod, if I ever heard one!

I can provide an audio sample. I had cabbage and black-eyed peas for lunch. :D

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Fer crissakes, can you even crack a joke around here without somebody whining about their pet missing feature? :rolleyes:

Nice!

I missed the humor in your 'joke.' It looked like a statement, to me. I was letting people know that there isn't a sound slot for the A-10 cannon, so it cannot be modded or replaced.

The existence of sound is not a pet feature.

Well, for starters, we're talking about the existence (or lack thereof) of *a* sound, not sound in general. Exaggeration rarely reinforces an argument.

Furthermore, from Dictionary.com, definition of "Pet", as I was using it:

6. favorite; most preferred: a pet theory.

From your previous comments, I gathered that aircraft attack sounds is a feature that, in your estimation would be a "favorite" or "preferred" one to have added to the game. Hence, I believe my word usage fits. If I misunderstood your meaning, then apologies.

Regards,

YD

Well, for starters, we're talking about the existence (or lack thereof) of *a* sound, not sound in general. Exaggeration rarely reinforces an argument.

Sounds in the game that should exist do not. The sound for the A-10 cannon does not exist. Existence of sound. Here's a good example of exaggeration:

"Fer crissakes, can you even crack a joke around here without somebody whining about their pet missing feature?"

Strange how that works.

6. favorite; most preferred: a pet theory.

From your previous comments, I gathered that aircraft attack sounds is a feature that, in your estimation would be a "favorite" or "preferred" one to have added to the game. Hence, I believe my word usage fits. If I misunderstood your meaning, then apologies.

An A-10 gun sound is neither my "favorite" nor "most preferred" feature. It is not a pet feature.

Exaggeration for comic effect is, to my mind, a time honored and fairly effective technique. In logical argument, it is generally less so.

But point taken. I misinterpreted your degree of attachment to the aircraft sound feature(s). How's this:

_____

Fer crissakes, can you even crack a joke around here without somebody whining about a feature that they think would be nice to have in the game, but no necessarily their absolute favorite, or most preferred? :D

:D:D

Exaggeration for comic effect is, to my mind, a time honored and fairly effective technique. In logical argument, it is generally less so.

But point taken. I misinterpreted your degree of attachment to the aircraft sound feature(s). How's this:

_____

Fer crissakes, can you even crack a joke around here without somebody whining about a feature that they think would be nice to have in the game, but no necessarily their absolute favorite, or most preferred? :D

:D:D

I wasn't whining. My intention was to provide a useful piece of information to somebody that I had thought was making a statement.

And I'm not accusing you of whining. I am, however, baiting you because I'm bored and in need of diversion from a rather dull and uninteresting day at work. Thanks for playing along. tongue.gif

But wait! Before you declare victory - I was actually the one baiting you the entire time.

Thank you for providing my day's entertainment. Dance on, court jester.

Heh. Does that mean I win?

Originally posted by the Fighting Seabee:

Nice, I had A10's fly right over my head and shoot, but I couldn't see the target. Sounds like a huge... uh, passing of wind. Nice video though, Live Leak has some crazy videos.

I always thought it sounded like more of a burp than a rectal outgassing. A good beer burp with some bratwurst thrown in.

Great A-10 videos, the best combat video quality I've ever seen! Looks like our English friends got a real up close look at what an A-10 does on an attack run. smile.gif Glad everyone was ok. smile.gif

Here's a video of some stupid terrorists coming back to get an RPG to fire at one of our Bradley's after the Bradley crew has already fired on them just seconds before in the exact same alley. Even by pathetic terrorist standards, these guys are retarded. haha smile.gif

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31e5d21fcf

Originally posted by Lee:

Great A-10 videos, the best combat video quality I've ever seen! Looks like our English friends got a real up close look at what an A-10 does on an attack run. smile.gif Glad everyone was ok. smile.gif

Here's a video of some stupid terrorists coming back to get an RPG to fire at one of our Bradley's after the Bradley crew has already fired on them just seconds before in the exact same alley. Even by pathetic terrorist standards, these guys are retarded. haha smile.gif

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/survey/apme/graphicimages/media/photo3.jpg

Here's an American soldier after some retard tried to kill him. ha ha! What retards! They must have missed! What bad shots! ha ha! War is fun!

ha ha! Great pics! Keep 'em coming!

ha ha! ha ha!!!

Originally posted by Lee:

Here's a video of some stupid terrorists coming back to get an RPG to fire at one of our Bradley's after the Bradley crew has already fired on them just seconds before in the exact same alley.

Notice that they catch a burst fully exposed, but none of them goes down.

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by PzKpfwIII:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lee:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/survey/apme/graphicimages/media/photo3.jpg

Here's an American soldier after some retard tried to kill him. ha ha! What retards! They must have missed! What bad shots! ha ha! War is fun!

ha ha! Great pics! Keep 'em coming!

ha ha! ha ha!!! </font>

In that video link I posted, *our own soldiers* can be heard making fun of the terrorists for being so incredibly stupid as to come back to the same spot to get an RPG to shoot at our guys when we just got done shooting at them in the exact same location seconds earlier.

I guess next we'll have someone come on here and try to lecture U.S. soldiers in combat on how they should be more sensitive to the feelings of terrorists and not mock them after shooting them... :rolleyes: