Peng Challenges all Other Threads to Fisticuffs on Boxing Day

Originally posted by Abbott:

...Speaking of bondage did you ever see one of those balls with the straps on them that get shoved in people’s mouths? I saw them once on Pulp Fiction and was considering the other night, (seeming how it was brought up anyway) how I finally figured out that one of those things might be useful around here now and then when a girl melts down...

Wow, she really got under your skin.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is a lot like a room where many left over Nerds were stuffed after High School. Some seem to enjoy spending their time trying to use words to beat-up the new guy (that’s you) while all the while trying to ignore the guy that doesn’t fit in (that’s me).

You see just as in High School words are what they have, oh yeah and black rimmed glasses, white shirts, pocket protectors and pants that pull up to their chests.

Well that was a long time ago and we were young and foolish and used our power unwisely.

I look back now and have to shake my head at the way we terrorized the jocks, they'd walk in with all their ... muscles and ... well, mostly just muscles and we'd tear them apart with just a few well chosen WORDS! They'd end up crying and we'd toss them in the girls bathroom.

No it wasn't pretty, but back then we didn't see the irreperable harm we were causing. And the girls ... oh those poor girls with their unblemished skin, tiny waists and tight sweaters that we made fun of ... then we went out "on the town" with Griselda or Beatrice while they stayed home and nursed the hurt that we inflicted.

Not for them watching their beloved in the tension filled competition of a top level chessmatch or adoringly helping the debate squad carry their file boxes of reference cards. No ... the could only stare at the TV hoping that this once Benjamin or Christopher would call and say the WORDS ... "Say, would you like to go to the library tonight?

Yeah ... it was just fun back then ... little did we know.

Joe

Originally posted by Bugged:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

...Speaking of bondage did you ever see one of those balls with the straps on them that get shoved in people’s mouths? I saw them once on Pulp Fiction and was considering the other night, (seeming how it was brought up anyway) how I finally figured out that one of those things might be useful around here now and then when a girl melts down...

Wow, she really got under your skin. </font>

I saw them once on Pulp Fiction and was considering the other night, (seeming how it was brought up anyway) how I finally figured out that one of those things might be useful around here now and then when a girl melts down.

Abbott, men have been known to melt down here too. Remember Peng telling Madmatt what he thought of him? It was right off the deep end, and Peng only got 30 days confinement, which is what Steve gave to Kitty. Peng's comments were on the same level of ugliness. Seanachai melts down on a regular basis, but of course, that's in his contract. It's not like a genetic weakness based on gender as you slyly imply without saying.

I think it is unfortunate you have such a poor opinion on the ability of women to add constructively to the forum. I think your comments about Mace are obviously meant to be inflammatory, and I commend him for his natural instinct to "back up" a friend. Perhaps I am guilty of insensitivity for not doing likewise - but I can say with all honesty that I know Bugged is bright enough to match intellects with anyone on this board - that's from two years of knowing her in person, corresponding on a daily basis, and considering her during that time my closest friend. I've just never felt that she needed anyone to come defend her, and she's certainly never asked me to. I'm proud to say that is why I have not.

In fact, I know in the past you've suggested that females posting on a forum alter the dynamics of the board in negative ways. We've certainly seen that happen with some female posters here. (But really, have they been any more disruptive than :Lewis:/:Username:/whoever or Gaylord? No woman could match them for sheer disruptive power.)

Despite my natural inclination just to let your comments slide for what they are - harmless (as I am betting they were intended) - I guess I feel obliged on this occasion, since it keeps getting brought up, that I've been proud that Bugged has not been one of those who have altered the dynamics here in negative ways. She numbers among a select few female posters that were simply one of the rest of us. If you stop to read her posts, rare as they are these days, I think you'll find the same thing. I think we're richer for her presence - no more and no less than the other "regulars", regardless of gender. You included, Nick, I hope it goes without saying. I regret that it may look like I am rushing to her aid, since I am the last person she would ever need that from. I also realize that "defending" a woman only helps to prove your point that women do alter the dynamics of a board, but, I've posted in support of male posters as well which I hope you realize.

And as crude and unworthy of response as your suggestions have been, I will point out to you that any woman who would consider favouring someone based on how well they defend them on the Internet would certainly not be anyone I would consider worth talking to in the first place!

And no offence, Nick, but you know as well as I do that sometimes the lack of response from someone isn't so much indicative that they are unable to respond, as it is that they simply see no reason to. ;) Not that I am speaking for anyone here, simply making a statement of fact of which you are no doubt well aware.

Having said all that, I also regret my insensitive comments to you, Bugged, in the GF a few weeks ago. I know we have moved past it long ago in real life, and I honestly don't care what anyone else here thinks about it, but I feel it is something that bears saying in "public", as it were, amongst these strangers on the Internet.

Now, if this pissing match is really that important to anyone, carry on, but I know that I, for one, could use a long break.

The Mutha' Beautiful Thread is what it is, and so are the individuals that inhabit it. I suspect the nerdy-boy population (whatever that means) may be quite high, but you know Nick - it is a wargaming forum, and who else would you expect here? And moreover, why should it bother you, if the sight of nerdy-boys is so offensive, when *gasp* females should happen to drop by? I mean, really, who else is left? I think that leaves you and Shosties talking about mathematical equations, doesn't it? smile.gif

Have a Happy New Year ya old goat.

[ December 28, 2006, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Slapdragon's Ghost:

I had a vision yesterday of Abbottsitting around the house in his underwear thinking he was celebrating a British holiday. Took 16 ounces of Scotch to drive the vision from my mind.

So .... you're suggesting that he DOES have some value?

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Slapdragon's Ghost:

I had a vision yesterday of Abbottsitting around the house in his underwear thinking he was celebrating a British holiday. Took 16 ounces of Scotch to drive the vision from my mind.

So .... you're suggesting that he DOES have some value?

Joe </font>

Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

HE'S A FECKIN' PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

Those guys are too weird to even be part of the AV club!

"Ooh, ooh... I don't have enough ambient light to achieve the necessary depth of field! Ooh, ooh, to maintain over all sharpness, I'll have to use the Sheimflug technique!"

I'll bet he even shoots weddings!

Or he does Glamor Shots at a mall. Gotta watch those photogs, there isn't a redeeming quality about them.

Only thing worse than a photog is an ex-photog. </font>

In keeping with the situation...a jolly sing-a-long is in order;

George Harrison

Isn't it a pity

Now, isn't it a shame

How we break each other's hearts

And cause each other pain

How we take each other's love

Without thinking anymore

Forgetting to give back

Isn't it a pity

Some things take so long

But how do I explain

When not too many people

Can see we're all the same

And because of all their tears

Their eyes can't hope to see

The beauty that surrounds them

Isn't it a pity

Isn't it a pity

Isn't is a shame

How we break each other's hearts

And cause each other pain

How we take each other's love

Without thinking anymore

Forgetting to give back

Isn't it a pity

Forgetting to give back

Isn't it a pity

Forgetting to give back

Now, isn't it a pity

What a pity

What a pity, pity, pity

What a pity

What a pity, pity, pity

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Not for them watching their beloved in the tension filled competition of a top level chessmatch or adoringly helping the debate squad carry their file boxes of reference cards.

I carried my debate reference boxes to the chess matches and my chess books to the debates.

Jocks feared me. I could tell.

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Not for them watching their beloved in the tension filled competition of a top level chessmatch or adoringly helping the debate squad carry their file boxes of reference cards.

I carried my debate reference boxes to the chess matches and my chess books to the debates.

Jocks feared me. I could tell. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Jocks feared me. I could tell. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

.... I will point out to you that any woman who would consider favouring someone based on how well they defend them on the Internet would certainly not be anyone I would consider worth talking to in the first place!

And no offence, Nick, but you know as well as I do that sometimes the lack of response from someone isn't so much indicative that they are unable to respond, as it is that they simply see no reason to. ;) Not that I am speaking for anyone here, simply making a statement of fact of which you are no doubt well aware.

And so say all of us!

Did I really just agree with MD?

Must be the Canadian influence on me.

Flammenwerfer is a Wedding Photographer?

**Walks off wondering if he's available for 18th Jan **

Perfect example of a Nerd.

Funny thing, though. Where I live the "nerds" are the ones that have the million dollar+ option packages, the great cars, the babes, have the connections to the VC's, sometimes ARE the VC's, and the two million+ houses in the hills.

The guys who make fun of the nerds are the guys that are the mid-level managers in the Nerd's companies and departments, drive the 10 year old Beamer that they can barely afford, live in the condo that they rent in Campbell (since they can't afford a down payment here), join the YMCA or 24 hour fitness (since that they cannot afford the "nerd clubs"), and try to mash on the stupid chicks showing their fake Rolexes.

They too use that same condescending tone to their workers, who will typically quit to start their own company to avoid the guy who makes fun of the nerds. Sometimes, when they are in a good mood, the "refugee nerds" might hire that guy who makes fun of them.

And which side do you belong to?