stupid request but...

Guest Guest

Well. . . in BFC's defense, but if I count right, the barrels on the latest M-1 and T-72 screenshots are octagonal, not hexagonal.

More polygons is always better, but at this point, I'm guessing it's pretty much set; it sounds like they've moved on from drawing 3-D polygons to other stuff like skinning, animations, etc. Redoing the wireframe models would also mean having to redo a good amount of the work already done on skinning and animating.

And I really doubt they're going to create optional, higher polygon vehicle models - that's a hell of a lot of work, for very little payoff.

When I saw this thread I downloaded their M1A1 wallpaper for a look and was slightly surprised to see what looked like 8-sided polys used to build the gun barrels. But I shrugged my shoulders over it. Is anyone willing to trade frame rate in the game for pretty close-ups of gun barrels? I bet most of those high poly count shooter games wouldn't dare attempt to play two full companies of soldiers and XX number of vehicles, all fighting eachother in real-time, on big maps! Yah gotta pick yer priorities ;)

MikeyD,

Is anyone willing to trade frame rate in the game for pretty close-ups of gun barrels?
Or is anyone willing to lose the extra equipment and other fine details that are on the vehicle instead of a 28 or more sided barrel? I doubt it :D

Guys, the Abarms model is already something like 10,000 polies. Adding a couple thousand more to smooth out things you'll likely never really notice in the game is a bad idea.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Guys, the Abarms model is already something like 10,000 polies.

my computer is going to feel the pain...

I'm excitedly awaiting this game, but for my computer, i think its more like that scene from LOTR where there are 10,000 orcs marching on Helm's Deep. It's going to be a bloody fight for that computer to hold its own against CMSF.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />hence "does it cost much? give us the option."

It costs us, therefore we aren't giving you the option no more than we're giving you the option to have naked girls dancing on your tanks. At least THAT is something you'd notice when actually playing the game.

Steve </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />hence "does it cost much? give us the option."

It costs us, therefore we aren't giving you the option no more than we're giving you the option to have naked girls dancing on your tanks. At least THAT is something you'd notice when actually playing the game.

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Steve </font>