Hallowed is thy name Peng, as is thy challenge

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

{snipped photo to comply with Federally mandated limits on Hilton views per day}

Even the dog looks away in disgust.

Do you have any idea how long it took to find a picture that didn't violate BFC's Terms of Use?

Members agree, through use of this service, that this BBS will not be used to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
Then I gave up looking for a piccy of Leeo (who needs to send me a setup -- can someone help him power up his computer?) and settled for one of Ms. Hilton.

Steve </font>

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You idiot Leeo ... of COURSE you need them both since the period is relative to the abbreviation and the comma denotes a separation between items.

Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread<big><big>.,</big></big>
Well, Joe, if you are wanting to say that your office of "Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread" is an abbreviation, well, who am I to argue with that? In fact, the more abbreviated your office, the better. Why I regularly abbreviate your posts, primarily by NOT reading them.

Ode to a Useless Twit

Oh poor, poor Paris, city of love and light,

your name is shared with the Hilton blight.

An American Princess, spoiled and lost,

out for a good time, damn the cost.

Where some famous princesses help sick and the poor

Paris acts more like a $2 whore.

That arrogant smile, that God-awful nose,

I've heard that her flatus even smells like a rose.

When her fame fades away and her fortune is spent,

and the rest of the world tells her to get bent,

I'll tell her that Canada just might be a good fit,

our Senate could use yet another useless twit.

So MrSpkr climbs out of his dead TaunTaun and sez "Hey dale you incredible hunk of awesomeness, don't we have a game going we can resume?"

And I sez "Send me a setup, ya great lumbering bullock!" because the LAST game he tried to start with me, going on 2 years ago now, was a bloody CM:BB setup. And who hates BB more than me? No one, that's who. So I installed it and sent a turn back and he zips off to join the revolutionaries on Zelligan IV for a couple of years or whatever.

So he DOES send me a setup this week, and it no workee in my CMee.

Why?

Why, because it's a GORRAM CM:BB SETUP, THAT'S WHY!

Lawyers.

Now I gotta go find the frikkin' CD and install the bloody thing.

Lawyers.

MrSpkrs. Bah.

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You idiot Leeo ... of COURSE you need them both since the period is relative to the abbreviation and the comma denotes a separation between items.

Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread<big><big>.,</big></big>
Well, Joe, if you are wanting to say that your office of "Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread" is an abbreviation, well, who am I to argue with that? In fact, the more abbreviated your office, the better. Why I regularly abbreviate your posts, primarily by NOT reading them. </font>

Oh THAT one ... well you're right about that one of course. But when you've as many honors and offices as I've accumulated in my illustrious career with the M.B.T. it's not always easy to get them into the sig line AND I'm a busy man, unlike some under-employed clowns who aparently have the time to use a freaking microscope examining the sig lines of BETTER MEN.

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

I had a sea cucumber once....

That was in the biblical sense, right? </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

Now I gotta go find the frikkin' CD and install the bloody thing.

Don't forget all three lovely updates . . . in order . . . yes, that means .01, then .02, then .03 . . . no, you can't have a .06 and do them all at once . . .

Sigh.

Steve

[ June 22, 2007, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Now send me the setup, sparkie.

Steve

Feck you. Unless you want a CMAK scenario, 'cause I ain't re-installin' no <u>Mother-of-All-Old-Fashioned-Guts-n-Glory-It's-Good-To-Be-A-Man-Until-the-Shrapnel-Goes-Through-Your-Chest</u> bloody CMBB, either.

So sue me.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Now send me the setup, sparkie.

Steve

Feck you. Unless you want a CMAK scenario, 'cause I ain't re-installin' no <u>Mother-of-All-Old-Fashioned-Guts-n-Glory-It's-Good-To-Be-A-Man-Until-the-Shrapnel-Goes-Through-Your-Chest</u> bloody CMBB, either.

So sue me. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

Already have. Look for my process server, Guido the Knife, to be visiting you soon.

...{snipped} ...

Steve </font>

I'm so glad to see that Guido found work. I was concerned when his previous firm, Guido, Guido and Guido: Collection Agents to the Stars, went under when they discovered that Guido had been dipping into the company till.

But what happened to Guido?

Joe

Joe

It was a terrible accident. He fell on his own knife thirty-two times.

Some people should be more careful, eh, Joe?

Steve </font>

Joe

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Joe

Steve </font>

So, after braving 2 hours of Illannoyan drivers (that made Iraqis look like conservative, by the book, safety conscious, rules of the road followers), I arrived at the manse of the great Lord Rune, for a preview of CMSF. The fact that I had 2 free bottles of booze coming had nothing to do with me actually stirring from my couch for the drive....

I decided that it was time I let my son see some of the seedier parts of the world, so I brought him with. He was very handy as we were leaving in assisting the Chicago P.D. chasing the gang banger through the neighbor hood by pointing out which way the "misguided youth" had fled. Rune was kind enough to let my son play his X-box for a few hours, and he fed the boy, which is no small thing when you are talking about a growing 12 year old.

Rune and his wife provided food and drink, and since the Minnesoteannies had cancelled, I was actually able to elbow my way past Dan, another Illannoyan, to stuff my face with some free crackers, cheese dip, and "tuna ball".

Well, the game was impressive. Though still obviously in the development stage, it was fun, and has made some great strides in several areas. Call for fire was one that I thought was a great improvement, watching 155 mm air bursts erupting over Syrian trenches was quite entertaining. The animations of crews bailing out of stricken vehicles was neat. It was also pretty cool to be able to tell your sniper team to occupy the 5th story of a large building, or even the roof if you so desired.

I played 2 quick battles, one of which was blue on blue. 2 pre made scenarios also were tried out, and I can safely say there will be a great wailing and gnashing of the teeth after this one is out as players adjust to the slower pace needed to succeed. To those who claim the game will be a pro-US rout of the Syrians, apparently not, at least not if the aforementioned US troops are commanded by me...

Rune's lovely wife was a gracious host and she made a mean tuna dip. All in all, it was a great time, and I will be buying CMSF if my computer can run it when it comes out.

Seanachai is off camping.

Camping.

Which means that, when I needed him here at my house to help me deal with Papa Khann and Marstov and their "Doom Town" card games, Seanachai was somewhere in Minnesota-damn-ville, squatting over a hole and grunting out bean-residue. Bean-residue that he hadn't already used for kayak ballast, that is.

The mind boggles.