Works Fine For You? - Tell Us Your System Specs, Please!

For those of us, who are going to upgrade or buy a new computer in the very next days, it would be very nice, if you could post your system-specs (CPU, graphics card, motherboard, OS, amount of RAM). A short message, how good (maximum settings?, quality settings, frames/second) CMSF runs on your system, would be very appreciated, too.

Thanks a lot!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Running fine at 1024x768 with Unit Detail set to Improved and Texture Detail set to Best.

Furthermore AAx2 and Anisox8.

P4 3.4Ghz HT 800Mhz FSB, 1GB RAM Dual Channel 400Mhz, Sapphire ATi Radeon X1950Pro 512MB, SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro.

Update: Super bad performance problems at very low settings even. Check in the tech. forum.

1280 x 960 all settings full on plus x8 Aniso.

No problems running.

Will have scale back a bit. FPS lower then expected, sad, with a system like this ...

XP Pro sp2 (full updated)

CPU: E6850 3.0 GHz 4MB 1333 MHz

MB: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX

Video: EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP

PS: CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W

Memory: (2G) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT12864AL804

HD1 OS/Apps: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 (NCQ = off!)

part1: winxp 15G (OS plus misc)

part2: Vista64 25G (OS plus misc)

part3: Games 90G (figure 10 gig a game max, that's 9 games at a time... hehe)

part4: Apps 20G (10gig per OS, I usually burn 4-5gig for apps max, so that's double for both, should be fine)

HD2 Media: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

DVDR: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write LightScribe Technology Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model LH-20A1H-185

Sound: Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series

Heatsink: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme

Case: P182

Fans for CPU and Case: (1 x Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120mm 1200RPM for CPU, 3 x Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D 120mm 800RPM for case fans)

[ July 27, 2007, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

I Have an ASUS A7T Laptop with an AMD Turion TL56 Dual Core Processor and NVidia Go 7600 Graphics card running Vista 32 Bit. All drivers are the latest from ASUS. CMSF is running very smooth at 1440x900 with 3D Model and Texture quality set to "Better" and Anti-aliasing turned on. Shadows kinda suck but I'm not bitching... smile.gif

By the way RPG's suck!!! 3 squads pommeled by them in the first 3 turns, I am playing the Ambush Tutorial on the basic training setting and the insurgents are kicking my ass. Granted I have no clue what I am doing yet other then sending my troops blindly forward to their deaths... They are pushing forward like there is no tomorrow. I think Tom Chick needs to re-evaluate the situation...

My specs:

Pentium 4 3GHz

1GB RAM

Geforce 7600 GT 256MB

Windows XP

Everything runs fine, however I was testing out the options and I had everything max and there was some jerking and lag in play, so I went back and reset everything from 1280x960 to 1024x768, kept the Vertical Synch Runization: On, 3D Model Quality from best to balanced, 3D Texture Quality from best to balanced and kept the Antialias/Multisample On

And everything is working fine. Even ran one of those large battles with no problem.

So I'm very happy so far with what I have.

JohnO

After running the microsoft hotfix for dual core machines CMSF runs great on my 2.16Ghz C2D Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, Radeon x1600 128MB VRAM with native 1440 x 900 screen res and improved/high graphics settings. This is for those wondering if the game runs well in Bootcamp.

Running fine on:

Core 2 Duo @ 2.13 GHz

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7950 GT w/ 512 MB RAM

WinXP SP2

I've got texture quality at best, AA and AF on and I fiddle with the detail during game play depending on what's going on. Playing at Improved or Better. Played the tutorial and started the TF Thunder campaign.

Pentium 4 1.9ghz

NVidia Geforce 6600 256 mem Driver 8.1.9.8 12/05

2g ram

XP SP2

Dont have the maxiumum settings...game plays nice and even so far. No weirdness like others have described..I'm psyched.

[ July 27, 2007, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

3GHz P4

Nvidia 6800 256mb

1g ram, rather slow

Running it at balanced settings at 1024*768, it can slow a little with lots of units on the map, but otherwise its running fine. Not the higest FPS in the world but that aint needed either imo. Its very playable with my specs

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Core 2 Duo 1.86MHz

NVidia GeForce 7650GS 256MB

2 GB RAM

Vista (M$'s biggest piece of sh...)

Works fine... even if my ATGM gunnners keep plantng rounds into the ground 75m in front of them

Clean your glasses, thats the usual fix for poor aim.

Originally posted by Xipe66:

Runs like a charm, four year old computer with upgraded GFX-card.

P4 2Ghz

512 Mb RAM

nVidia 6600 GT (128 Mb)

Windows XP SP2

I've got a similar rig, the difference is that I have AMD and a gig of RAM. It runs the game fine - the thing is, like in previous games, it all depends on the scenario. I'm planning to upgrade soon so that I can fulfill my megalomaniac dreams... :cool: