I see Peng people challenging around like regular people

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Oh, and Sir Sir 37mm, what version of Photoshop are you using? Is it the limited version that sometimes comes with printers and such? If so, then the default setting for the type tool might be vertical.

I thank you for your assistance Boo and yet have to point out to you that you didn't answer my query.

Why?

Why would ANYONE need the default text to be vertical?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Oh, and Sir Sir 37mm, what version of Photoshop are you using? Is it the limited version that sometimes comes with printers and such? If so, then the default setting for the type tool might be vertical.

I thank you for your assistance Boo and yet have to point out to you that you didn't answer my query.

Why?

Why would ANYONE need the default text to be vertical? </font>

Why?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Why?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Why?

Well, I ASKED him which version he was running, so I could get an idea of it's capabilities and how it might be set up.

Did I get an answer? No. Just more posturing, which leads me to suspect that he's running a pirated version that came in a box labeled "Tiajuana:C.O.D.", and so therefore, he's lucky that as soon as he installed it, it didn't wipe his hard drive, turn his box into a molten puddle of plastic and fill his mean little hovel with the stench of burnt wiring.

Lucky for him, yet infinitely unlucky for the rest of us because we still have to listen to his inane twaddle!

I don't know...

(raddish) It says its 5.0... I don't believe it

(Peterloo) It came with the computer

(Garlic & Herb dip... with Pizza?) Until now I've never used the thing and a good job too

(Waterworld) However now that I'm suitably 'tanked up' I realise it has a cool arrow/line feature WHICH I AM USING ENDLESSLY to point out Boo’s mistakes... My AAR are gonna reach new heights of quality and innovation (which perhaps speaks more of the Seven year old CM community than myself)

(Pea) No-one (other than the demented stickypixie) can give a reason for DEFAULT vertical text

Well, I ASKED him which version he was running, so I could get an idea of it's capabilities and how it might be set up.

Did I get an answer? No. Just more posturing, which leads me to suspect that he's running a pirated version that came in a box labeled "Tiajuana:C.O.D.", and so therefore, he's lucky that as soon as he installed it, it didn't wipe his hard drive, turn his box into a molten puddle of plastic and fill his mean little hovel with the stench of burnt wiring.

Lucky for him, yet infinitely unlucky for the rest of us because we still have to listen to his inane twaddle!

I don't know...

(Garlic & Herb dip... with Pizza?) Until now I've never used the thing and a good job too

(Waterworld) However now that I'm suitably 'tanked up' I realise it has a cool arrow/line feature WHICH I AM USING ENDLESSLY to point out Boo’s mistakes... My AAR are gonna reach new heights of quality and innovation (which perhaps speaks more of the Seven year old CM community than myself)

(Pea) No-one (other than the demented stickypixie) can give a reason for DEFAULT vertical text </font>

Ah well, genius is rarely ever appreciated in a person's lifetime.

Well, you could die. I doubt you'd be any more likely to be labeled "genius" (snowballs in hell and all that) than you are now. Like, never.

But, for whatever it's worth, we'd appreciate it.

Originally posted by rleete:

Well, you could die. I doubt you'd be any more likely to be labeled "genius" (snowballs in hell and all that) than you are now. Like, never.

But, for whatever it's worth, we'd appreciate it. </font>

Vertical type should not be the default for version 5. My suggestion would be to throw out the computer.

Now.

Don't even bother to unplug it, just heave the damn thing out the window. Don't even bother opening the window up, either.

See? Obviously the computer is faulty. Chuck it out the window.

Properly. You've never used the thing properly. But why should this be any different than anything else you do?

"reach new heights of quality and innovation". pfft! Like that's a stretch.

(Pea) No-one (other than the demented stickypixie) can give a reason for DEFAULT vertical text

Without actually seeing what the interface looks like on your rig, I can't determine how you've screwed it up. Why not hit the help button and post a question to Adobe?

Sure, there's always the possibility that they'll say, "Sparky, you aint even a "Mericun! Be happy we even let you use our factory rejects!" but it's the chance you have to take.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I have returned from the Far North. My legs are sunburnt, and you lot are gormless idjits.

Sunburn? You call that sunburn? You can't call it sunburn until it's equivalent to 1000 X-ray exposures.

Err, what's a gorm?

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I have returned from the Far North. My legs are sunburnt, and you lot are gormless idjits.

Sunburn? You call that sunburn? You can't call it sunburn until it's equivalent to 1000 X-ray exposures.

Err, what's a gorm? </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

You'll notice Boo Radley that she said NOTHING about you ... I think there's a reason for that ...

Joe

Yeah there is...

I didn't listen to all of it.

Listening to the Seanacoochie files now..for the second time... now that's dedication for you.

P.S.

BOO and the Bard sound like the same person!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by **YK2**:

You'll notice Boo Radley that she said NOTHING about you ... I think there's a reason for that ...

Joe

Yeah there is...

Listening to the Seanacoochie files now..for the second time... now that's dedication for you.

P.S.

BOO and the Bard sound like the same person!!!!!!!!!! </font>

Originally posted by Old Foul Joe:

Clown Shoes ... {squeak, squeak, squeak} ... {Snicker}

What the hell are you nattering on about? Try to make some sense once in a while, hmmmm?

Stoat! I've got your first written assignment. "Senile Dementia or Gormless Git: the real reason Old Foul Joe's posts are not relevant". Single spaced, a couple of pages. No filler, I want you to get right to the point, unlike this batch of nannies.

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by **YK2**:

Joe

Yeah there is...

P.S.

BOO and the Bard sound like the same person!!!!!!!!!! </font>

Originally posted by **YK2**:

And why is it that Yourself, the justicar and seanacoochie all seem to have a lisp?

Cute really......

I blame Joe's knock-off, dimestore, bottom shelf, bought-with-coupons, Goodwill reject, Piece-O-Crap recording system. He powers it with an old exer-cycle that he pedals himself.