German afv list for CMx2 NW Europe

I have made a list of German Afv's in NW europe. Let me know if I have missed something out or added something that dosn't belong in the list.

Panzer 1 Ausf C

Panzer II Ausf A,B,C,F

Luchs

Marder II

Wespe

Marder III 7.62

Marder III Early

Marder III Late

38T Grille 33

38T Grille 33/1

Flak 38T

Aufklarer 38T

Hetzer

Hetzer Flamm

Hetzer SIG

Panzer III G,H,J short,J short Late

Panzer III J Long Early, J Long Late

Panzer III L, M, M Late, N, N Late

Stug F, F Late, F/8, G Early, G Early Middle

Stug G Middle, G Late Middle, G Late

Stug 10.5 Early, Middle, Late

Panzer IV F2, G Early, G Middle, G Late, H, J

Brummbar Early, Midlle, Late

Stug IV Early, Late

Jagd IV Early, Late

Jagd IV/70 V

Jagd IV/70 A

Nashorn

Hummel

Mobelwagen

Wirblewind

Ostwind

Panther D Early, Late

Panther A Early, Late

Panther G Early, Late

Jagdpanther Early, Middle, Late

Tiger Early, Middle, Late

Sturmmoser Tiger

King Tiger Porsche Turrent

King Tiger Henshel Turrent

JagdTiger

Sd Kfz 250 1,7,8,9,10.11

Sd Kfz 251 1,2,9,10,16,17,21,22,23

Sd Kfz 251/17 Lufftwaffe Version

Maultier Flak

SWS Flak

SD Kfz 10/4 Early, Late

SD Kfz 7/1 Early, Late

Sd Kfz 6/2

Sd Kfz 7/2 Earlt, Late

Sd Kfz 221 Late

Sd Kfz 222 Early, Late

Sd Kfz 223 Early, Late

Sd Kfz 231 Early, Late

Sd Kfz 232 Early, Late

Sd Kfz 233

Sd Kfz 263

Sd Kfz 234/1,2,3,4

Lorraine 7.5

Lorraine 10.5

Lorraine 15

Char B-1

Char B-1 Bis

Char B-1 Flamm

Char 10.5

Hotchkiss H-35,38.39

Hotchkiss 7.5

Hotchkiss 10.5

Renault R-35,40

Renault 4.7

Renault 8cm Mortar

FCM 36 10.5

FCM 36 7.5

Renault UE MG

Renault UE 3.7cm

Kegress HT

Somua HT

Somua HT 7.5

Panhard P-178

Panhard P-178 Radio

Panhard P-178 5cm

Matilda 5.0

Mark IV 10.5

Bren 3.7

Bren 2cm Flak

Bren Panzerjager

Van Doorne AC

[ July 07, 2006, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: mav1 ]

Originally posted by Dogface:

Ya but what does it have to do with CM:sf ??

AS the post for the forum for shock force states, if you want to make a comment on the future cmX2 title in nw europe you can do it on the shock force forum> Since most of the things done in shock force will be relevant for nw europe. There will be some modification's for NW europe but most of the work will be already done in shock force. As the post states if you want to make remarks about what you want to see in cmx2 titles not just shock force, but NW europe as well do it now in the shock force forum, as there will be little time for modifiction's afterwards.

I was rash in doing this list, but the developers could be making up their minds on what afv's to include.

The point of this list is to say that you can include all the afv's used in Mw europe even though the graphic's are going to be more complex.

A lot of the vehicles are replicas with changes in armnament (for the graphical image) such as the pzIV, STug's, pvIII, Sd kfz 251 and Panthers.

The developers have a unique oppotunity to include all the afv's used in ww2, as no game I know of has ever achieved this. They came close in cmbb but they slacked of in cmaf, where they left of a lot of italian afv's uded by the Italians and Germans plus a number of British armoured cars. They won't include all the afv's, but I think this is an opportuny missed as a greater effort would achieve this. It would't bother me if this would delay the game for six months. As I would play this game for years with the satisfaction that all the afv's were included. But I know the rest of you would not want wait this long, some want the game now.

This also applies to shock force, all the afv's will not be included that are used by the allies and the syrians. Even though there are less models to create than in a ww2 game. For me this would be a great oppunity missed. I doubt any one would agree with me on this. It must be just me since am a completist at heart, always thinking, what a same that was'nt included in the game

Yeh but isn't the new CM going to be more focussed?

ie the WW2 based CMx2 will be providing scenarios concentrating on a particular battle or campaign rather than providing scenarios for anywhere in Western Europe from 1944 on (as CMBO did).

Hence an extensive unit list of every AFV that was used in the Western Front is probably not required (and probably wont be modelled).

Originally posted by Runyan99:

BFC has stated several times that the next game in the CM series after CM:SF will cover the French and Indian War 1754-1763.

Boohoo. I wanted hot action in WW2.

With Maus-tanks and big guns. I want to have big guns slathering enemies in hot, molten TNT.

BTS, please fix or do sumfink.

Don't be unkind, this board was suffering a near-death experience awhile ago. I'm happy to see ANY post on ANY topic, just to stir the pot a little! Now that actual CMSF info is finally starting to trickle in again maybe pretty soon we'll be able to actually have informed discussions on the topic we all come here to see discussed - Bradley 25mm SLAP penetration stats! :D

[ July 11, 2006, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mav1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

The point of this being?

Because it's fun

:D </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

Yeh but isn't the new CM going to be more focussed?

ie the WW2 based CMx2 will be providing scenarios concentrating on a particular battle or campaign rather than providing scenarios for anywhere in Western Europe from 1944 on (as CMBO did).

Hence an extensive unit list of every AFV that was used in the Western Front is probably not required (and probably wont be modelled).

But does that make it a good idea?

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mav1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

I am going to compile a list of German AFVs in the Ohio Valley.

Where is it then? </font>

Apart from that, THERE IS NO SUCH THING as late/early model Panther D's. Common misinterpretation of the photographic evidence we have.

But a lot of people still think there were and most of the books on the topic still claim it. So why bother? :D

By the way: Did you know the Jagdpanther had very good aerodynamics and therefore the other tanks were so impressed by his looks they coudn't turn away? :D <- That's something a book of a so-called 'expert' claims... ;)

Originally posted by Earl Grey:

Apart from that, THERE IS NO SUCH THING as late/early model Panther D's. Common misinterpretation of the photographic evidence we have.

But a lot of people still think there were and most of the books on the topic still claim it. So why bother? :D

By the way: Did you know the Jagdpanther had very good aerodynamics and therefore the other tanks were so impressed by his looks they coudn't turn away? :D <- That's something a book of a so-called 'expert' claims... ;)

I don't blame the other tanks, the Jagdpanther is a very attractive Tank. :D