Shockforce release date Europe

I would take that release date with a grain of salt, if I were you; it's from Paradox, the publisher for Europe, not BFC itself. BFC has refused to confirm or deny this date.

Given what we're currently seeing in the way of bones, I'm skeptical of an early June release; I think sometime in July or even August is more likely. But I'd love to be wrong about this.

In any event, we should know pretty shortly whether the June release date is real -- it usually takes about 3-4 weeks for a game to go from "Gone Gold" to released and actually shipping/downloadable. So if we don't get a Gone Gold announcement from BFC within the next two weeks, I think it's very unlikely that they'll make a June 11th release in Europe, or anywhere else for that matter.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I must say, the box mock-up makes the date more convincing. Why go to the trouble of doing a box mock-up for advertising unless the game is very near to being released?

Actually, packaging mock-ups are done pretty far in advance of prodcut release in many industries, including the gaming industry.

I used to do promo work for Microprose. We sometimes had retail box and other marketing art for product still a year or so away from release.

So I don't think the existence of a picture of a retail box really means much of anything. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Cheers,

YD

Let's not forget how they got ToW all wrapped up then... Ooops! They found a major bug! At the eleventh hour! They had to postopone release by another couple weeks while the bug got ironed out.

In other words. They might be all finished with CMSFnext week - OR - they might be wrassling with that pesky "Burns out the eye sockets of players" bug for the next month or two :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Moon:

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but until you hear a DATE that IS CONFIRMED by us, Battlefront, you should simply think of other things.

Martin

OMG! WE ARE ON! :eek:

[ May 02, 2007, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Sgt.Joch ]

Originally posted by Moon:

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but until you hear a date that is confirmed by us, Battlefront, you should simply think of other things.

Martin

And what Other Things that we could simply think of right now?

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I must say, the box mock-up makes the date more convincing. Why go to the trouble of doing a box mock-up for advertising unless the game is very near to being released?

That box cover looks a little bit.. unconvincing. Hope they have other versions.

Well I am thinking of Jessica Simpson and Jessica Alba naked and my girlfriend telling me its ok to make them my love slaves, but you can think of other things I guess.

Originally posted by FAI:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

And what Other Things that we could simply think of right now? [/QB]</font>