Gamecloud's Interview with Steve

MeatEtr

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

What happens if you live at the equater when there really isn't a Spring at all?

You die of skin cancer before reaching puberty. That's why no one is living on the equator, they can't reproduce themselves. It's like a genetic Bermuda Triangle: entire populations go in there and disappear. Interested? I can get you reservations really cheap.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

You die of skin cancer before reaching puberty. That's why no one is living on the equator, they can't reproduce themselves. It's like a genetic Bermuda Triangle: entire populations go in there and disappear. Interested? I can get you reservations really cheap.

Well, I just very glad that I'm not stuck in the hinterland of an equatorial rain forest in me loincloth and clutching me blowpipe and suffering daily downpours waiting for me CM:SF delivery by river canoe because it'd be a damn long wait for freakin' Spring.

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Well, technically speaking, it's only roughly the last week of March that is both in the 1st quarter, and also in the season of Spring, which starts at the vernal equinox.

Hogwash!

It should be understood that seasons are not directly dependent on the relative positions of Sun and Earth. Spring arrives later to northern Greenland than to Acapulco. And for instance, we've already got winter here with all the snow, bells and whistles; it certainly doesn't start in late December.

It's worth of noting that it is going to be well above +10 degrees of centigrade in Helsinki tomorrow.

As such, those far northern latitudes, where some Finns live, doesn't represent Finland very well.

It's like somebody from a city of Yellowknife (Northwest Territories, Canada) would say something about the current weather in Canada based on his own observations at home.

The heavy-o-philes out there will be pleased to read in that interview that Abrams & Bradleys will definitely be included. So we'll get to play with most of the Stryker variants including MGS, Abrams, Bradley, no doubt some hummer types and perhaps aging M113s too.

Moon has repeatedly said they had spoiled us rotten with CMBB. I suspect that though we won't be getting 300 vehicle types to play with, we're still destined to be 'spoiled' with CMSF :D

This thread hijack was brought to you by the Republic of Finland. Try not to be heroes and no-one will be hurt.

Originally posted by SSgt Viljuri:

It's worth of noting that it is going to be well above +10 degrees of centigrade in Helsinki tomorrow.

Actually, it's going to be +8 in Helsinki, and +6 here in North Karelia (says Ilmatieteenlaitos; Foreca puts it at 7 and 5 respectively). Let's not twist the truth! :mad:

Weirdly enough, I was almost certain I saw my father driving his Opel Omega on that webcam pic of yours, Sergei. Eerie feeling or somefink...

Btw, YLE text-tv says +10 centigrade for Helsinki and Channel Four promised more yesterday. Hm, they have tuned their forecasts lower, but the point still stands. The winter has not begun. Normally we get snow in late december or early january.