Your thoughts on 1.08

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I tried multiplayer online last night. It worked very well and without having to use hamachi. Mind you, although it seems promising it is only one game.

The other thing I noticed was that BMP's seem to be faring better against Bradleys.

Again I will have to play more to see if the above behaviours are consistent. ( I hope so. )

regards John

Hi All,

I tried multiplayer online last night. It worked very well and without having to use hamachi. Mind you, although it seems promising it is only one game.

The other thing I noticed was that BMP's seem to be faring better against Bradleys.

Again I will have to play more to see if the above behaviours are consistent. ( I hope so. )

regards John

Hi All,

regards John

M1A1TC,

Hi mate, I had the same problem with the scenario editor. I have an ATI card. Opened the Catalyst control centre, moved the slider in the 3D settings standard option from Quality to balanced and it works fine now. Hope this helps, sorry if it don't!

Regards, Darren

M1A1TC,

Hi mate, I had the same problem with the scenario editor. I have an ATI card. Opened the Catalyst control centre, moved the slider in the 3D settings standard option from Quality to balanced and it works fine now. Hope this helps, sorry if it don't!

Regards, Darren

M1A1TC,

Regards, Darren

My thoughts on 1.08 ?

Good to see the prompt release of the Paradox CD version patch (keeping in mind that "Theatre of War"/Apokalypso version - desaster).

@ TC: Darren says it - check the CCC. I had the same flickering effects with a Radeon until I finally unchecked Vsync in the Catalyst Control Center.

Greetings - Egon

My thoughts on 1.08 ?

Good to see the prompt release of the Paradox CD version patch (keeping in mind that "Theatre of War"/Apokalypso version - desaster).

@ TC: Darren says it - check the CCC. I had the same flickering effects with a Radeon until I finally unchecked Vsync in the Catalyst Control Center.

Greetings - Egon

My thoughts on 1.08 ?

Greetings - Egon

I also am having some problems.

I installed 1.08 and played ATGM Alley. I played Syrians and tried to target the Strykers with my ATGMs. The problem was that whenever I got the cursor near the US vehicles, the cursor would freeze (about 1cm away from the vehicle) and the game screen would freeze (sometimes without any trees) and then attempt to re-draw itself.

Very frustrating as I have always used this one as a testing scenario and it has always worked. I lost this game as I could not target any American troops.

Maybe I accidentally downloaded the American Uber-man patch by mistake.

I installed 1.08 and played ATGM Alley. I played Syrians and tried to target the Strykers with my ATGMs. The problem was that whenever I got the cursor near the US vehicles, the cursor would freeze (about 1cm away from the vehicle) and the game screen would freeze (sometimes without any trees) and then attempt to re-draw itself.

Very frustrating as I have always used this one as a testing scenario and it has always worked. I lost this game as I could not target any American troops.

I like the work that has been done with tab lock and the new camera angle and such. It is much improved in my view.

I need to play some more before being sure but, some of the infantry pathing issues may, I repeat may have come back up. On some of my movement orders the squad/platoon seems to sometimes go around their elbo to get to their a** so to speak.

Smething that works. I moved a squad to just outside a small house and paused the game. I gave a target light order on the house, clicked pause for 15 seconds then gave a hunt order into the house. When i started the game back the squad tossed lots of grenades into the house for 15 seconds then proceeded to hunt into the house. It was empty but the timing was perpect and had there been enemy troops there they would have had to have benn decimated.

Thats all so far.

I like the work that has been done with tab lock and the new camera angle and such. It is much improved in my view.

I need to play some more before being sure but, some of the infantry pathing issues may, I repeat may have come back up. On some of my movement orders the squad/platoon seems to sometimes go around their elbo to get to their a** so to speak.

Smething that works. I moved a squad to just outside a small house and paused the game. I gave a target light order on the house, clicked pause for 15 seconds then gave a hunt order into the house. When i started the game back the squad tossed lots of grenades into the house for 15 seconds then proceeded to hunt into the house. It was empty but the timing was perpect and had there been enemy troops there they would have had to have benn decimated.

Thats all so far.

Thats all so far.

Thanks Rune,

I have a X800GT and ATI Driver 7.12

I went through my options again and turned on ATI Compatibility and this seems to have helped. I never needed it before but I appear to need it now.

I also noticed that it still slightly freezes when I create a covered arc for a weapon. The game momentarily freezes and it is hard to set the covered arc. I was able to play through the entire game though.

Thanks Rune,

I went through my options again and turned on ATI Compatibility and this seems to have helped. I never needed it before but I appear to need it now.

I also noticed that it still slightly freezes when I create a covered arc for a weapon. The game momentarily freezes and it is hard to set the covered arc. I was able to play through the entire game though.

Thanks Rune,

I had another game today under v1.08 - the "Al Amarah" scenario. Unfortunately I spotted a known bug that has still not been resolved. I split a MOUT Styker rifle squad into three fireteams and send each team off in a different direction to buddy aid some casualties during a lull in the fighting. When I tried to move one fireteam closer to a casualty, they ran off in the opposite direction for about 50-100m before doing an about turn and coming back. This happened two or three times.

I do welcome a lot of the changes for v1.08 though, in particular the Alt-K key combination for turning off smoke/dust and that building floors now block LOS/LOF as they should.

I had another game today under v1.08 - the "Al Amarah" scenario. Unfortunately I spotted a known bug that has still not been resolved. I split a MOUT Styker rifle squad into three fireteams and send each team off in a different direction to buddy aid some casualties during a lull in the fighting. When I tried to move one fireteam closer to a casualty, they ran off in the opposite direction for about 50-100m before doing an about turn and coming back. This happened two or three times.

I do welcome a lot of the changes for v1.08 though, in particular the Alt-K key combination for turning off smoke/dust and that building floors now block LOS/LOF as they should.