Is this game any good?

chanss

No, it does NOT offer the same level of reality that inserting a plug into the back of your head Matrix-style would offer. But its still lots of fun, quite informative to anyone with even a passing interest in modern warfare, and should easliy outlast most of the mindless shooter clones currently on the market. You've got to factor in that a proportion of people would manage to find sometihng in it to complain about even if the game had floated down from heaven straight into their hands.

The demo's a 'reasonable representation' of gameplay though its built on the game engine two patches ago.

Once the performance issue has been settled especially in the larger maps you would get a very entertaining game. As MikeyD wrote, it should outlast most of the mindless shooter games. That is if you prefer realism than cosmetics such as beautiful graphics. Not that Shock force has a lousy graphics but it could be improved.

Try the demo but mind you that the performance issue doesn't exist in the demo but it's there in the release build.

It is a great game for open combat (similar to cmbo). It needs some work for built up areas. Overall I enjoy it when I play (my mouse is giving me problems which is why I am not playing).

I think given a few more patches it will far exceed the other games I have on my computer (warcraft III, medieval total war II and dawn of war).

If you want a realistic modern war game this is as good as it gets at a tactical level.

This game is stunningly good, providing you don't suffer mouselag/framerate/camjerk problems which quite a few people, including me, have.

I'm almost (touch wood) clear of the probs now, thanks to Battlefront's ongoing patches, and a new Nvidia driver. BF offer unmatched support and development for their products, and I'm certain this issue will soon be ironed out, and other small ingame bugs eliminated too. Following that, I believe we can look forward to ongoing enhancements, add-ons and further development of a potentially outstanding game system.

If you're into serious wargaming, I would say Buy it, definitely, either now, or keep reading these forums and get it after the next patch/update.

Originally posted by chanss:

What you people think about it? I have not bought it as of yet

Take a look into the reviews... since the community that keeps posting in this forum will give you a biased opinion mainly.

I'm a bit angry with some people in this community because they are now almost Taliban in practice... if you post your real opinion about the game, you will get insulted by many, just like the Taliban does.

The logic behind it, is... if you post bad realities about the game, they think that you are insulting them as person, (and you doesn't have any right to give your own opinion). That is very similar than if you post historical realities about Muhammad, you get stoned.

One of the main external reviews:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/combatmissionshockforce/review.html?sid=6176489

But to be fair, check this entire list of reviews:

http://www.google.es/search?q=Reviews+Combat+mission+shock+force

Just wait... the first attacks for posting my opinion, i will get some aggressive reply for sure.

The ideological cleaning is on the way.

Is not fault of Battlefront... they will keep the good work with the best intentions. I'm only angry with the radical fan boys, and its lack of respect to the different opinions.

[ September 15, 2007, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Cid250 ]

It's good that you've let go of your radical fanatic like crusade for the blue bar Cid. I see that your new jihad has gone on to quoting a manual from another game, cute. Are you really that familiar with Taliban practices?

For those that can let go of a game that was made in 2000 are enjoying this current release from BFC. Yes, it does have some warts but BFC is doing an amazing job of supporting and releasing better and better patches. That can not be said for a lot of other companies.

[ September 15, 2007, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Huntarr ]

Only 4 things you need to do in order to be biased BFC fanboys like some of us are.

#1. Go to https://www.combatmission2.com/products.html

#2. Click "blue" Order Now Button (Located at top of page to make it easier).

#3. Pick $70 option so you can download it and get a hard copy with extra goodies.

#4. Reserve membership at cmsffanboypadawan.org

Seriously though. CMSF was rushed out the door and NOT because Battlefront wanted to release it then. But it doesnt mean they arent fixing the issues as fast as they can. They have a great track record that is second to none in software development for supporting thier games.

So relax. If you dont buy the game now, you will eventually, but the longer you wait the less time you will get to play with the editor.

-fanboy1123 out

Originally posted by Huntarr:

It's good that you've let go of your radical fanatic like crusade for the blue bar Cid. I see that your new jihad has gone on to quoting a manual from another game, cute. Are you really that familiar with Taliban practices?

For those that can let go of a game that was made in 2000 are enjoying this current release from BFC. Yes, it does have some warts but BFC is doing an amazing job of supporting and releasing better and better patches. That can not be said for a lot of other companies.

Just what I've predicted...

I never fault the respect to your opinion... I've just placed my opinion as a complement for the readers. And you took it as an attack...

But you seem to have problems with people that says that CMSF is a very bad wargame right now, and speak about the lack of true WeGo... when both things are true.

You're the Taliban here, man, since "true" hurts you (not me). You are the man that doesn't want to hear any word opposite to your opinion... to keep the forums clean of customer opinions.

A healthy company must hear any customer, it's not your role to choose what can be said or what not... specially when all that I've said is plain true.

Cid250 , each time you have posted on this board, haven't you always whined about the lack of "true WEGO" ( I should remind you that the same dev. who has programmed CMSF is the same who has created WEGO years ago... But anyway, you know better than anyone what is true WEGO, right? ;) )

All right, now are you able to prove that every issues we mostly see now cannot be improved by patching the initial engine?

At last but not least, you have time benefit with your magical blue bar only in small scenario. Do you remember these huge CMX1 scenarios which could took more than 2 mins. to do the calculations?

So you want the dev. to bring it back?