Prefer 3rd Module or new modern game?

The USMC is coming soon and the Brits are a sure thing, but after that would you rather have the proposed 3rd module with Germans/Dutch/Canadians or a whole new Modern setting game such as a new Korean War for example?

P.S. WWII votes don't count as we're getting that already.

P.P.S. You can't vote NATO vs Warsaw Pact either or Arab/Israeli as Steve has said they'd never do it.

[ May 16, 2008, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Sequoia ]

Originally posted by M1A1TC:

If proposed 3rd module with Germans/Dutch/Canadians adds European theathre, than I am all for that. Just make sure to add Russians in the 4th module smile.gif

But it won't. They'd still be in Syria. To add say, Serbia boils over, or Nato in Georgia, or the invasion of Belarus you'd need a whole new game, hence my question.

Originally posted by Sequoia:

The USMC is coming soon and the Brits are a sure thing, but after that would you rather have the proposed 3rd module with Germans/Dutch/Canadians or a whole new Modern setting game such as a new Korean War for example?

P.S. WWII votes don't count as we're getting that already.

P.P.S. You can't vote NATO vs Warsaw Pact either or Arab/Israeli as Steve has said they'd never do it.

3rd module titled "Coalition forces" which includes: Canadian/Dutch/German/Australian.

Will

They are adding only one branch of US military in the next module. How do you expect them to add Canadian/Dutch/German/Australian militaries? They would never do that (add "kitchen sink"), as Steve has stated, since they learned on mistakes of CMBB

Originally posted by Sequoia:

Once you add the Germans and you already have British vehicles you get the Dutch and Canadians cheaply, the word from Battlefront was at least. I don't know if the same applies to the Australians.

Didnt know Brits use Bundeswehr Leopards,Gepards, Marders, Pumas, Fenneks,Luchs and Fuchs. And how about Wiesels?

Reading some of Steve's posts on this subject lately, I get the feeling that they're thinking about a whole new game and not a module. From a financial point of view for them this is of course fine for them and I'll definitely buy it. But I won't be too happy at having to first buy US v Russia/China whatever, and then have to wait once again for the Brits, Germans and other Coalition forces to be added to it.

As for political sensitivity over having the US duke it out with either Russia or China, as long as their forces are reasonably accurately portrayed, I'd imagine those folks would be very happy to play the game as Red so that they can kick some US butt. Finally, BFC is a only a computer GAME company, and not some adjunct of the US Government, so why bother being so sensitive?

Forget it. They probably already regret doing the Marine mod.

Next stop will be WWII and Syria and the rest of the ME will be the "old days".

The new inside joke won't be about tripods but M113's.

Remember we said M113 and the answer was King Tiger ?

Personally, that is my take on it when the answer to our questions about adding equipment seems to be always that it is not relevant to a Syrian scenario. I think what they really mean is it is not relevant to Beyond Overlord.

The strength of this game is not "Syria" actually, but imagination of the modern battlefield. I spend more time creating Iraq scenarios and could care less about Syria.

[ May 16, 2008, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Dragon67 ]

Originally posted by M1A1TC:

Yeah Dan, I am still working on Korean/Chinese mod smile.gif Taking little longer then I was hoping

Sounds good M1, Im looking forward to seeing it smile.gif To be honest the Red equipment already in game is a good selection for most of the former Soviet client states.

Originally posted by Dragon67:

Forget it. They probably already regret doing the Marine mod.

Dragon, please be careful making broad statements like this as newer forum members might take them seriously. The Marine module is coming along very nicely so far, and it certainly wont be the last modern warfare module available.

Dan

I just posted this in the M113 thread. It applies here too:

Oh, I definitely agree. I can tell you that this will happen. I'm sure I've even said this in the past, but in case I haven't made it clear enough... the contemporary setting will indeed move into the temperate zone. When we do that the Syrian setting, by definition, goes away. What will the Red forces look like? I dunno... but did you catch wind of that parade last week? We did.
The exact nature of the Module that follows Brits is not something we've finalized yet because we've only taken a superficial look at it. As for moving to the temperate theater, when we do this it will be a new game purchase for sure. The exact composition of forces on each side are not decided yet, but expect at least as much new content as you see in the Modules + the new environment + game engine improvements way beyond the current CM:SF engine's current state at the time.

Steve

I'll buy whatever they are turning out. BF has the best customer support in the world, period.

I just wish they would hire some overseas support for the grunt level coding, but I realize that is a lot easier and cheaper to say than it is to do.

While we are talking about long term questions how long will it be before the engine takes advantage of multiple core processors in a major way? I am considering a new computer and wouldn't mind knowing whether to go with two cores or four.

On a funny related note, my son saw the Russians referred to as the CIS (Commmonwealth of Independent States) on the news and thought it had something to do with Star Wars.

(For all you non Star Wars fans, the CIS is the Confederation of Independent Systems in SW - the main enemy of the Republic in the Clone Wars).

If BFC won't do a hypothetical Warshaw Pact/Russia vs Nato, then is an Asian setting like Korea or Taiwan the only somewhat realistic temperate setting, isn't it? The possible participians in such a conflict could include NATO, Russia, China, ANZAC & maybe even Japan, so most of the important modern equipment of the last 20-30 years would be available. After that, our loved modders could do nearly each modern setting...