Who here still plays either CMBO, CMBB or CMAK?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still play and design scenarios for CMBB. Partly cos I have an interest in the Eastern Front, and also because I still enjoy CMBB. I like playing larger actions company plus on large maps.

CMX2 allows me to play smaller more detailed actions which I also enjoy. I enjoy the more detailed game play and realsitic terrain, modelling etc. Guess I have the best of both worlds right now smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

I still enjoy CMBB and I still modding sometime 'cause I believe the game can be improved graphically again and again, I have dreamt a long while ago before release CMAK game, they 'll (BFC team) give us a whole western front theatre but in vain.

I'm not convinced by CMSF demo, and I feel like I'm wasting my time with this "Futur" modern war.

Hope BFC would release soon the awaited WWII module, because I'm getting old! smile.gif

Pat

Originally posted by patboy:

I still enjoy CMBB and I still modding sometime 'cause I believe the game can be improved graphically again and again, I have dreamt a long while ago before release CMAK game, they 'll (BFC team) give us a whole western front theatre but in vain.

I'm not convinced by CMSF demo, and I feel like I'm wasting my time with this "Futur" modern war.

Hope BFC would release soon the awaited WWII module, because I'm getting old! smile.gif

Pat

LOL. CMSF is pretty fine after the definitive patch 1.04. However I do doubt CMx2 engine ability to take on the WWII environments as the opposing units can be quite large in numbers given the current engine performance limitations.

I just did a QB in CMBB as the german pure armor Vs the Russians pure armor.

My 2 Elefants eats up everything the Russians throw at them at 1500m. LOL.

This kinda remind me to buy more Dragon armor models. LOL. :D You know CMx1 series should forge a business partnership with Dragon armor since I picked up Dragon's armor because I was fascinated by CMx1 series ;) .

CMBB and CMAK are still on my machine and I have several PBEM games going with a couple of friends.

I enjoy them both and cant see them being uninstalled for a few years to come.

I bought CMSF but am too busy at work for the moment to give it the time it deserves. Just when its running well....(sigh)

After switching from mac to PC in April it was awhile since I touched CMx1, but I recently repurchased and reinstalled CMBB (along with transerring 1.3 gigs of mod art). I LOVED CMBB, but I'm having difficulty returning to it. I keep attempting CMx2 camera moves, and i frown while looking at those three little wooden guys representing nine. I may have to restrict my CMBB play to tank warfare because I've been thoroughly spoiled by 1:1 representation.

I still love to play CMBO. I recently found the Pacific conversion mod on CMMODS and am happy as a lark. Just wish I had someone to PBEM with.

And Michael Withstand, remember that CMx2 WWII will not be tracking as many things as CMSF so it may help with making larger battles. I am one of the guys who wouldn't mind having a Army Corps facing each other as opposed to a company + sized engagement. Lets hope I am right and you are wrong on this. smile.gif

I still heavily play both CMBB and CMAK on a weekly basis. I have 3 PBEM games going this month alone.

Dollar for dollar, I have payed about 5 cents an hour for this pleasure (and that is including the fact that I have bought multiple copies of both CMBB and CMAK). CMx1 is something I will be going back to year after year.

If CMx2 lives up to its potential (and has some interesting subject matter) I would also be playing this for years.

When are the mods coming? I hate the CMx2 info bar on the bottom and have hopes that someone will mod it to become a useful area of info. More like CMx1. Like coloured backgrounds for the state of the unit (Broken, shaken etc.)

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Well I am refering to distance of the shell tracking, it will take longer to load- reload so each unit will have a slower rof. Spotting will be most likely be scaled down a touch. Artillery will be less accurate...... so maybe more units can be on the field at the same time.

Ah, OK, has BFC mentioned or even confirmed that?

It may turn out to be 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. Bullet tracking may get a bit of a rest since most-everybody would be carrying around single shot weapons in WWII. But the M1 Garand and Mauser should be good out to 600m, as opposed to the modern M4 carbine's 300m. Plus the Thompson and the MG42 both had a blistering 1000 rounds-per-minute rate of fire! Can't imagine tracking THOSE bullest individually!

Ooooh... the thought of going back to playing without body armor and grenade launchers! Yikes! :eek: ;)