Was The Challenge Over When Peng Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Lars

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

drum roll, mexican trumpets, rapid strumming of guitars

Ah, Kitty. So, you have returned. Once again, you strut and posture amongst us, eh? You mock, you deride, you call into question the manhood of all the hidalgos who post here.

You bring with you your little hangers-on, your lap-dogs from the Goodaler thread, like flammenwerfer. Your poodles.

We don't need no stinking poodles.

Is that supposed to be an insult?

Hmmm...

Next time try putting a bigger brick in your purse.

Ah, Kitty. So, you have returned. Once again, you strut and posture amongst us, eh? You mock, you deride, you call into question the manhood of all the hidalgos who post here.

You bring with you your little hangers-on, your lap-dogs from the Goodaler thread, like flammenwerfer. Your poodles.

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

then hit Seanachai on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. What? not the puppy you meant? it is ok, feel free to do so anyway.

Rune

Originally posted by dalem:

Ahh, the time-honored puppy tradition of the "If I chew on this the big ugly 2-leg comes and yells at me!" game.

I'd forgotten about that one.

It is most likely true that I yelled at Seanachai to turn somewhere about which I had not the least idea we were going. I was fairly well pickled the entire time I was in MinnieSoda. The amazing thing to me was that despite the near poisoned level of alcohol I had in me at the time, I was able to pass, nay excel, at an IBM iSeries exam for V4R4 of OS/400. I got certified at the conference that brought me to squarehead land. Certified! damn you all, and two years later the company I work for is bought and the new owners DUMP the iSeries for effing Windows servers. All that training, all that work, all that stability, in the dumper. Fortunately, despite my advancing age, I am still able to learn new tricks. It ain't as easy as it once was, having spoilt many a fine neuron with chemicals of divers and sundry effects, but it is still do-able. Windows, HA! effing TINKER TOYS.

Have you ever had a really terrible day? One that sort of just smells like ass from the moment you open your eyes? Your foot lands in a puddle of catsick when you step out of bed, the water heater died in the night and you have to take a whore-bath, your shoelace breaks as you tie it, knowing you are now 15 minutes late for work - so far- barring the goddam battery in your car being dead which it is putting you two hours late to work. When you get to work there are 7 new voice mails, all telling you that some server or other can't be reached, 40 new emails saying that the email server was down when the user sending the email got to work...

Well, Boo! just had one of those days in our latest CMAK game. To be fair, I am indeed an evil evil man, and so might have set the map parameters a bit unfavorably for him to attack, there wasn't a whole lot of cover - not a pool table or anything - but not a whole lot of cover. I had some nice reverse slopes behind which I could hide, but Boo!, well, he stepped in a puddle of catsick with that map.

So I can pretty much see a company of infantry advancing up the middle and open up on it with some long range mg fire. My air support (tank busters) also spots this little gang and peppers them a bit, (I love air support on offense, defense, whenever. I just love it) and then his OWN air support unloads a bunch of rockets at them. Sweet. Next, his main attack, which my air support didn't spot, sneaks up and over a rise on my right flank, which I had well defended with a platoon of mgs, two 75AT guns and a spotter equipped with 81mm offboard ducks. His lead Ronson is in flames and his infantry is cowering from additional machine gun fire, and the barrage into which he has sauntered. I suggest that he surrender, and he concurs. Score? 98 to 2. Not that scores matter of course, especially when one side surrenders.

Pity Poor Boo!, he had a bad day.

then hit Seanachai on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. What? not the puppy you meant? it is ok, feel free to do so anyway.

Rune

Ahh, the time-honored puppy tradition of the "If I chew on this the big ugly 2-leg comes and yells at me!" game.

It is most likely true that I yelled at Seanachai to turn somewhere about which I had not the least idea we were going. I was fairly well pickled the entire time I was in MinnieSoda. The amazing thing to me was that despite the near poisoned level of alcohol I had in me at the time, I was able to pass, nay excel, at an IBM iSeries exam for V4R4 of OS/400. I got certified at the conference that brought me to squarehead land. Certified! damn you all, and two years later the company I work for is bought and the new owners DUMP the iSeries for effing Windows servers. All that training, all that work, all that stability, in the dumper. Fortunately, despite my advancing age, I am still able to learn new tricks. It ain't as easy as it once was, having spoilt many a fine neuron with chemicals of divers and sundry effects, but it is still do-able. Windows, HA! effing TINKER TOYS.

Have you ever had a really terrible day? One that sort of just smells like ass from the moment you open your eyes? Your foot lands in a puddle of catsick when you step out of bed, the water heater died in the night and you have to take a whore-bath, your shoelace breaks as you tie it, knowing you are now 15 minutes late for work - so far- barring the goddam battery in your car being dead which it is putting you two hours late to work. When you get to work there are 7 new voice mails, all telling you that some server or other can't be reached, 40 new emails saying that the email server was down when the user sending the email got to work...

Well, Boo! just had one of those days in our latest CMAK game. To be fair, I am indeed an evil evil man, and so might have set the map parameters a bit unfavorably for him to attack, there wasn't a whole lot of cover - not a pool table or anything - but not a whole lot of cover. I had some nice reverse slopes behind which I could hide, but Boo!, well, he stepped in a puddle of catsick with that map.

So I can pretty much see a company of infantry advancing up the middle and open up on it with some long range mg fire. My air support (tank busters) also spots this little gang and peppers them a bit, (I love air support on offense, defense, whenever. I just love it) and then his OWN air support unloads a bunch of rockets at them. Sweet. Next, his main attack, which my air support didn't spot, sneaks up and over a rise on my right flank, which I had well defended with a platoon of mgs, two 75AT guns and a spotter equipped with 81mm offboard ducks. His lead Ronson is in flames and his infantry is cowering from additional machine gun fire, and the barrage into which he has sauntered. I suggest that he surrender, and he concurs. Score? 98 to 2. Not that scores matter of course, especially when one side surrenders.

Rune

Peng Sayeth Thus: To be fair, I am indeed an evil evil man, and so might have set the map parameters a bit unfavorably for him to attack, there wasn't a whole lot of cover - not a pool table or anything - but not a whole lot of cover.
NO ... REALLY ... YOU set up a map that was unfair? Imagine my shock and surprise.

However, that's NOT why I responded. After all, who cares about YOUR games? Answer ... no one.

Now in MY game with Boo Radley we are actually playing on a pool table, almost literally. Now while I haven't checked the corners and edges for pockets (since I'M not an edge hugging gamey bastiche like some) it wouldn't surprise me a bit and since there's ZERO cover on this HUGE freaking map and me with Honeys and him with Mk IIIs and Mk IVs ... well, the outcome is predestined isn't it.

If I see a big white ball rolling across the desert I'm going to call him on leaving one foot on the ground at all times ... he cheats that way you know.

Oh ... it's spelled ManySoda, though MiniSoda is also acceptable ... get it right.

Joe

Peng Sayeth Thus: To be fair, I am indeed an evil evil man, and so might have set the map parameters a bit unfavorably for him to attack, there wasn't a whole lot of cover - not a pool table or anything - but not a whole lot of cover.
NO ... REALLY ... YOU set up a map that was unfair? Imagine my shock and surprise.

However, that's NOT why I responded. After all, who cares about YOUR games? Answer ... no one.

Now in MY game with Boo Radley we are actually playing on a pool table, almost literally. Now while I haven't checked the corners and edges for pockets (since I'M not an edge hugging gamey bastiche like some) it wouldn't surprise me a bit and since there's ZERO cover on this HUGE freaking map and me with Honeys and him with Mk IIIs and Mk IVs ... well, the outcome is predestined isn't it.

If I see a big white ball rolling across the desert I'm going to call him on leaving one foot on the ground at all times ... he cheats that way you know.

Oh ... it's spelled ManySoda, though MiniSoda is also acceptable ... get it right.

Joe

Joe