LOS Insanity

losinsanity.jpg

Ok, this kinda thing is VERY annoying. My guys on top of the higher building (WITH VERY LOW ROOF WALL) can't see or hit the guys on the lower building with direct fire. Heck, they couldn't even hit them with grenades, although I did see them throw about 5. The only way I could even get them to shoot was to area fire, but all that did was scare the enemy...

Please tell me this sort of thing will get fixed in 1.05... This sort of thing is very discouraging when you are playing... It's enough to make me stop playing until 1.05 comes out...

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

I see this way too often. Double frustration is when the enemy unit can somehow fire at you, but you can't fire back. Or it *looks* like you can fire back, but your guys keep switching between "aiming" and "spotting" without actually shooting.

yes, this is an issue in v1.04 I think

ME TOO!!!!

I was about to post about this issue.

Higher roof unable to aim at lower roof.

If the assumption is that roof's have a lot of objects on them which provide cover/concealment, hence blocking LOS, that needs to be explicitly stated in the manual. Or, shown at the end of a blocked LOS line with, "No LOS due to rooftop obstacles". Or, even better, graphics showing rooftop water tanks, A/C units, gardens, sheds, etc.

As it is right now, it seems asinine that my men cannot shoot the other guys.

Thanks,

Ken

Here is a Problem of that. Same Mission. Urban Warfare still some Kinda Broken. Had the Same Problem with Enemys following me and lurking around the Church killing my Men running over the Market Place. Anoying LOF LOS Problems.

Is there any Chance they will find a way around this? Or are they even trying? :D

2ed05b437222.gif

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

I see this way too often. Double frustration is when the enemy unit can somehow fire at you, but you can't fire back. Or it *looks* like you can fire back, but your guys keep switching between "aiming" and "spotting" without actually shooting.

....welcome to the wonderful world of Shock Force boys! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

- falco.

Originally posted by (fgm) falco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by molotov_billy:

....welcome to the wonderful world of Shock Force boys!

- falco. </font>

Originally posted by Taki:

Here is a Problem of that. Same Mission. Urban Warfare still some Kinda Broken. Had the Same Problem with Enemys following me and lurking around the Church killing my Men running over the Market Place. Anoying LOF LOS Problems.

Is there any Chance they will find a way around this? Or are they even trying? :D

2ed05b437222.gif

I know what the problem is here.....you are giving orders to American troops IN GERMAN!!!, have you tried hand signals? :D

feindliche truppen.....feuer frei!!!

"Hey Leroy....what is the LT shouting???"

"Hell if I know...let's have a smoke"

[ October 18, 2007, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Sorry for being absent for a bit. Real life pushed off for 3 years + winter around the corner = a lot of home "improvements" needed before the snow flies.

Oh, and Falco becomes the first person I've banned in months. Congratulations go out to you who has continued to do NOTHING but be a Troll despite several warnings that you'd be banned if you kept it up. There is a HUGE difference between being critical and being a troll, which is why I've banned nobody but you despite many people being critical. In short... you've decided you have nothing to contribute so I'll help you take your wishes to the next level.

Steve

I understand the need for for the LOS calculation to be quick- hence the LOS table- but the 8m LOS resolution falls apart at urban combat ranges. The artifactual blindspots and exposures become especially apparent at ranges < 100m.

Why not use direct LOS calculations for short ranges where the CPU burden is the lightest, and save the LOS table for longer ranges?

To be constructive. Are you working on a way to fix this or is there no way to get this done?

And thx for showing us you are still there Steve. And when the Game works well in Multiplayer and some Minor Changes are done i will play a Demo Round against a German Computer Magazine Writer. Maybe he will done a "Review". Im looking forward to that day.

Greetz

Taki from Germany, says "Hallo to the Truppen" :D

after reading the Forums again a tryed that Mission again in the Campaign and loaded the Last Savepoint i was playing. And what should i say. Its soooo frustrating. Even when i know where the Enemy is i just cant beat him. On the Marketplace i know where the Enemy is in the Houserow on the Other Side i got One Squad got Target Arc and aiming and all watching this Direction but they can see them. Other Squad starts going on Hunt over the Marketplace (yes this must be from Cover to Cover) then The Guns are Yeeling from the Houses i watched (with 2 Squads and an HQ Unit) and i got Casualties. Heck its annoying and the Pathfinding does the Rest. I tell them to keep Hunting forward but the Pathfinding System sents them back all the Time half the Way to the House they came from.

2 Things i hate:

1. There are 3 Squads watching an enemy unit that had been spottet once and they cant find them and keep them supressed or even kill them (you can fire almost your wohle Ammo with this Nice Rifle Grenade Launchers from higher Pos or not it dont matter). Dont Spot them when they are on Ambush is okay and havent fired at all. But the way it is its kinda anoying. I cant spot and fire a supressed unit in a House and kill them when i tell 3 Squads to watch just that House and they start finring a First Salvo on Mens ducking there using every cover they can find and get my US-Soldiers killed?

2. The LOS/LOF Insanity. I just cant kill that ATG Team on that Roof mentioned in the First Post of that Threat and the other MG Squad on that other Roof i postet later on.

Man i want to play that Game so much and it got so much potential. But everytime i start there (And its 1.04 that brought me so far) i get a Headdache and quit the Game waiting for another Patch.

So are you working on a LOF/LOS Fix so i can Shoot back every Unit that Shoots me? Is there some Working on the Spotting System so that an half Broken Enemy Squad that i allready got Located and supressed cant ambush me the Wohle Day with their Stand-Up 1 Shot 1 Kill Commedians? :D

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Sorry for being absent for a bit. Real life pushed off for 3 years + winter around the corner = a lot of home "improvements" needed before the snow flies.

Oh, and Falco becomes the first person I've banned in months. Congratulations go out to you who has continued to do NOTHING but be a Troll despite several warnings that you'd be banned if you kept it up. There is a HUGE difference between being critical and being a troll, which is why I've banned nobody but you despite many people being critical. In short... you've decided you have nothing to contribute so I'll help you take your wishes to the next level.

Steve

I rather think Falco took his disappointment quite hard. Very understandable.

BF have only their selves, and their self appointed 'bully club' to blame here for hyping the thing out of all reality.

The truth is that the game is not the product I thought it would be and I ENJOYED IT. Just to make that clear. I am not knocking the concept or the scope of it, thats the decision of the company. But as a product it is flawed and for a lot of these flaws I can only stand aghast at two things.

1. The reputation of BF for high quality wargames.

2. The more than obvious faults of the playtesters that were chosen for the game. I mean a lot of them seem to be the same crowd of fanettes who will argue all night about the fender colour of a Kubelwagen but wouldnt know good gameplay when it bit them in the Arse.

Anyway thanks BF for the definitive ww2 wargame, for that you gain my undying respect.

CM-2 and beyond just does not seem to have the same impact. I can explain why LOS effects etc make this so a little bit but SF is still a good enough game that it should be more popular. The strange thing is, the vibe says its not. The replayibility just isnt there for me, or for others who I know have played. And this not just from CM-1 fans either as I dont live in a CM vacuum like some.

So as to Falco, be wary, when you ban all the dissenters your left with the YES men, and how many careers have gone down the pan when only the things you want to hear get said.

Cheers

G