Things Peng and I have challenged about

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrPeng:

...{snipped on account of how we need to reduce thread size on account of how we need to reduce our electron footprint on the web ... or somefink} ...

Consider yourself lucky the feckstick dint show his manky face in these parts agin. Did you or did you not start this thread? Did you or did you not fail to write rules which even Texans can understand? The blame for all gibbering ninnies appearing in this thread... well, new ones anyway, lies squarely at your gnarled and bunioned feet.

The only poor show around here is yours. Next time you start a thread make damn sure that no Texans show up or you WILL be in a heap of trouble alrighty.

Now wait just a minute here Peng ... am I or am I isn't a Texan? Am I not the finest, shining exemplar of the Peng Challenge Thread? Am I not the Seniour Seniour Knight of the CessPool and other stuff besides?

How dare you denigrate Texans sir, and you from Pennsultucky of all places. As to Clarks Holler or whatever the name of your town is ...

It's in Lackawannaambition County and it's not even a proper town, it's a BOROUGH ... though it's my contention it's SUPPOSED to be spelled BURROW ... if you get my drift.

The County website boasts a FAQ to which the FIRST question is ... and this is an exact quote ...

Q: I/we are new to Clarks Summit. Is there a book/publications that can provide us with information?

A: Yes, the Abington Business & Professional Association (ABPA) publishes an excellent booklet known as the "Guide To The Abingtons". You can obtain a free copy, at the Borough Administrative Offices

So ... to get further information on Clarks Summit you get the booklet about ... ABINGTON! Brilliant.

Further they boast ...

All bathrooms are handicap accessible in the Borough building, and marked with Braille placards.
So if you're blind you can find the bathroom by looking for the braille placards I suppose.

They continue ...

Borough Council has amended the Borough's Traffic & Motor Vehicle Ordinance, several times to identify and create handicapped parking spaces for our residents.
SEVERAL TIMES they've done it ... I suppose that, with further practice, they might actually be able to DO it one of these days.

And finally ...

You MAY reside in the Borough of Clarks Summit, or you may not.
Well, who can argue with that logic eh?

And you have the nerve to denigrate the great State of Texas ... for shame Peng, for shame.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

inane, ancient, geriatric dribblings...

Joe

I denigrate everything, or hadn't you noticed?

And just to provide a bit of a Civics lesson:

Municipalities are often incorporated into things called Townships, with smaller divisions known as Buroughs. It's not really that strange, or unusual. So for your edification, Clarks Summit Borough is a part of Abington Township, which is in the county of Lackawanna which is in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Is it really that hard for you to grasp? I suppose being from North Mexico that it is indeed too hard for you to understand.

Abington Township also includes, in no particular order: Clarks Green, Dalton, Waverly, Newton, Ransom and erm, oh heck... Chinchilla! That's it. Chinchilla. Kinda gives one warm fuzzies doesn't it?

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

inane, ancient, geriatric dribblings...

Joe

I denigrate everything, or hadn't you noticed?

And just to provide a bit of a Civics lesson:

Municipalities are often incorporated into things called Townships, with smaller divisions known as Buroughs. It's not really that strange, or unusual. So for your edification, Clarks Summit Borough is a part of Abington Township, which is in the county of Lackawanna which is in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Is it really that hard for you to grasp? I suppose being from North Mexico that it is indeed too hard for you to understand.

Abington Township also includes, in no particular order: Clarks Green, Dalton, Waverly, Newton, Ransom and erm, oh heck... Chinchilla! That's it. Chinchilla. Kinda gives one warm fuzzies doesn't it? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

You forgot the "badump bump."

No I didn't, I knew you'd come along and provide it.

GEOGRAPHY QUIZ: Where are you if you are in:

lawn GUY lund

Joe </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

You forgot the "badump bump."

No I didn't, I knew you'd come along and provide it.

GEOGRAPHY QUIZ: Where are you if you are in:

lawn GUY lund

Joe </font>

SHUT UP, ALL YOU TOSSERS!

I return. Now, did you miss me? Go ahead, lie and tell me 'No'.

I don't know...what posture should I take with you all tonight? After 5 fecking years of posting here, I sometimes worry that I'm beginning to repeat myself. Have you come to know Seanachai? Has every spiky bit of my personality been trotted out for you to enjoy? Has every unswept corner of my soul been laid bare for you to mock? Have I become surplus to current requirements?

Have I been made redundant?

Frankly, I think that I am.

Do I fade away? Do I disappear? I rather favour the 'That's it, I'm out of here, you're not going to have Seanachai to kick around any more' final posting that we've seen again and again over the years as long time posters close the door on their participation, if only because it's so droll.

Its all so tangled, of course, because there's the simple participation of myself, Seanachai, as one of the long-standing 'jokes' of the Peng Challenge Thread; the pompous, pointless, hubristic and long-winded gnome, mocked by all, appreciated by no one.

But there remains 'The Seanachai'; the satirical, embittered, angry Embracer of Hatred with a quasi-mythic quality.

Well...six of one...

Tonight, shall I address you paternalistically? Shall I simply ramble on and on in my incarnation as 'long winded gnome'? Shall I manifest as one of the Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge Thread? Shall I caper? Shall I brood? Is there any expectation I should fulfill, or disappoint? Aging roue? Arrogant progenitor? Maudlin old man? Bard? Zeus? Pan? Fool? Hairy Thunderer?

I think...

That you lot of fetid dingoes kidneys should be damn glad to have, as one of your ongoing mentor/sponsors, a miserable bastard who can take on any or all of those roles with almost lightening rapidity. And without batting an eye.

You're lucky to have me.

I owe Boo a setup. OGSF is a fecking toad who might try returning a turn to me, despite the fact that he's ashamed to be losing his arse to me. Again.

I have been beaten by Kerchberger's 9 year old son. The vicious little bastard cheated by sending a gamey setup. Lars has not been reformed by his recent marriage, but remains a complete and utter tosser.

The redemption of Dalem's soul (such as it is), goes on.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

SHUT UP, ALL YOU TOSSERS!

I return. Now, did you miss me? Go ahead, lie and tell me 'No'.

I don't know...what posture should I take with you all tonight? After 5 fecking years of posting here, I sometimes worry that I'm beginning to repeat myself. Have you come to know Seanachai? Has every spiky bit of my personality been trotted out for you to enjoy? Has every unswept corner of my soul been laid bare for you to mock? Have I become surplus to current requirements?

Have I been made redundant?

Frankly, I think that I am.

Do I fade away? Do I disappear? I rather favour the 'That's it, I'm out of here, you're not going to have Seanachai to kick around any more' final posting that we've seen again and again over the years as long time posters close the door on their participation, if only because it's so droll.

Its all so tangled, of course, because there's the simple participation of myself, Seanachai, as one of the long-standing 'jokes' of the Peng Challenge Thread; the pompous, pointless, hubristic and long-winded gnome, mocked by all, appreciated by no one.

But there remains 'The Seanachai'; the satirical, embittered, angry Embracer of Hatred with a quasi-mythic quality.

Well...six of one...

Tonight, shall I address you paternalistically? Shall I simply ramble on and on in my incarnation as 'long winded gnome'? Shall I manifest as one of the Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge Thread? Shall I caper? Shall I brood? Is there any expectation I should fulfill, or disappoint? Aging roue? Arrogant progenitor? Maudlin old man? Bard? Zeus? Pan? Fool? Hairy Thunderer?

I think...

That you lot of fetid dingoes kidneys should be damn glad to have, as one of your ongoing mentor/sponsors, a miserable bastard who can take on any or all of those roles with almost lightening rapidity. And without batting an eye.

You're lucky to have me...{snip}

I'm pretty sure my oldest cat contemplates these things as he lies on my chest while I slowly wake on a Sunday morning. Then he swats my face for no apparent reason and jumps down before I can return the favour.

Oh yeah, I know your type, Seanachai. Meow.

Originally posted by Bugged:

I'm pretty sure my oldest cat contemplates these things as he lies on my chest while I slowly wake on a Sunday morning. Then he swats my face for no apparent reason and jumps down before I can return the favour.

Fair's fair. The next time I wake up lying on your chest on a Sunday morning I will lie there and let you slap the ****e out of me before I run off to find some Labatt's Blue Label.

Originally posted by Bugged:

Oh yeah, I know your type, Seanachai. Meow.

Everyone knows my type. I'm an open book of courtly behaviour. I'm the perfect, parfait Knight.

I am I, Don Quixote.

BOO, as you love the gods, my lady, and me, saddle my horse! We ride!

Milady Bugged, have I introduced you to my large, thuggish henchman, Boo? He's a complete and utter whore at the very lowest and most useless levels of the Advertising World. Daily he slaves to bilk and abuse America's citizens out of the money they won last night at the pull-tabs at the American Legion Post through his wonderous ability to manipulate the graphic images of products that no one fecking needs. But he has a Soul of Gold!

Where would I be without my Radley, eh?

Mind you, on a brighter note, said 'hot woman' and I are off tomorrow for a lovely 10 days in Oman, with a spot of Scuba diving, visiting the Turtle hatchery at Raz al-Jinz and exploring the hinterland of this mysterious, exotic land.

All followed up by a well earned couple days at the famous, 5 star Chedi hotel in Muscat.

Sorry Seanachai but the playboy thing continues and (insert deity of choice) willing, I should be able to remember it for the time being...

....probably.....

Stukes, You could take advantage of digital photography for prosperity sake.

This way if Alzheimer’s kicks in but you still can remember where you put the pictures, you can drag them out and drool over them, and every time you do that it'll be a new experience for you because of your memory loss.

That's of course if your sex drive doesn't lessen with your diminishing mental capacity, in which case the above paragraph is probably moot?

[ March 08, 2006, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I am I, Don Quixote.

BOO, as you love the gods, my lady, and me, saddle my horse! We ride!

"Oh, I haven't fought a windmill in a fortnight.

And the humble joys get duller every day.

Why, when I'm asleep, a dragon,

with his fiery tongue a waggin' says,

'Boo, oh won't you please come out and play?'"

Milady Bugged, have I introduced you to my large, thuggish henchman, Boo? He's a complete and utter whore at the very lowest and most useless levels of the Advertising World. Daily he slaves to bilk and abuse America's citizens out of the money they won last night at the pull-tabs at the American Legion Post through his wonderous ability to manipulate the graphic images of products that no one fecking needs. But he has a Soul of Gold!

Sure, it's a stupid fecking job, but someone has to do it!

Where would I be without my Radley, eh?

Your dismal little life would lack the bold color of my presence. Your reality would be even more circumscribed than it is now. Your soul would be that much smaller.