Things Peng and I have challenged about

I'm for bed, then, eh? Damn knee is starting to stiffen up. Time to go and dream about being up North.

Further up North, that is. I pity you lot that live...lower.

Strangely, the other night I dreamt, in glorious technicolour and with a level of detail that would make most psychologists stutter, that I was in South East Asia filming a documentary about salt water crocodiles, replete with footage of voice-overs of hunters in small boats trolling with hunks of carcasses on hooks behind them. Interviews with villagers who had to swim in crocodile waters. And I haven't watched a Nature special in months.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

But I like you, Mace. If I ever hit the fecking lottery, I'll fly your useless Aussie arse up here to go to our cabin on Lake of the Woods.

You're on. There's nothing quite like going bush with the mates for a drinking binge.

Wtf, it's about time I planned a trip over there so I can drink your booze and talk with you about life and people and admire those stars hanging over your head with you.

That'll be followed by passing out.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Just stay the hell away from Calgary you bastard, that's all we ask... :mad:

You know, someday I'm going to come out there, and get piss drunk and tell everyone in that fecking Canadian town that I'm your long lost more intelligent brother.

Serve you right.

Originally posted by Bugged:

I'm winding down from my day at 2am so I want to hear something soothing to lull me to sleep. It's Pink Floyd for me.

What about a bit of Rush 'jacob's ladder'? \m/

*sings*

'The clouds prepare for battle

In the dark and brooding silence.

Bruised and sullen stormclouds

Have the light of day obscured.

Looming low and ominous

In twilight premature

Thunderheads are rumbling

In a distant overture...'

Hmmm must get Kitty to teach me how to play this.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Goddamn Canadians. They've a whole world of utterly beautiful music, and they piss about with other people's angst.

Well, unlike you, I'm winding down from my day at 2am so I want to hear something soothing to lull me to sleep. It's Pink Floyd for me. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

And you hope that someday, before you die, you can bring everyone you love, or like, or even hope to redeem, to this place.

But I like you, Mace.

An invite by default. I'm jealous. :( </font>

And that's my question to you all tonight, as I sit here longing for the North.

What music would you want to hear, there, on the granite shore of a dark lake, pines all around, and the wind kicking up?

My first thought was Gustav Holst's The Planets". Maybe Mars: The Bringer of War, or Jupiter: The Bringer of Jollity. Maybe even Neptune: The Mystic.

If it's stormy, I might wat to go with the overture from Carmina Burana by Orff.

But if you're in attendance, I don't think we dare go any more high brow than some old Spike Jones. Something with a lot of burping noises, I would imagine.

What music would you want to hear, there, on the granite shore of a dark lake, pines all around, and the wind kicking up?

Sibelius, Symphony #2.

Best to time it for that pre-light moment of the morning though. Little fog coming off the lake would be nice too.

Oh, and don't forget the hot coffee, with a splash of bourbon please.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Copeland, Appalachian Spring. Or mebbe 2nd Movement of Dvorak's Symphony for the New World.

Appalachian Spring? You complete yutz, this is the North Woods, not some weird Christian cult hoe-down.

Hmm, likes Shaker music, could explain why the wife doesn't give him any…

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

Copeland, Appalachian Spring. Or mebbe 2nd Movement of Dvorak's Symphony for the New World.

Appalachian Spring? You complete yutz, this is the North Woods, not some weird Christian cult hoe-down.

Hmm, likes Shaker music, could explain why the wife doesn't give him any… </font>

The summer breeze rustling the pines, obviously. I don't go to God's Own Country to batter my ears with goddam canned music, you dip.

Sheesh!

Michael