Peng Decides to Post a Challenge, (but can't figure out what time it is.)

Nidan1

Now I wouldn't want to pre-empt the Justicar's judgement on this, but I have rights of first refusal on the poor wretch. In my understanding, there are no hard and fast rules about becoming a Squire and only general guidelines about becoming a Knight. You should know this quite well, having slipped through every crack in the system.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for your "challenges", I have told you often enough that accepting a challenge from you would be more demeaning than having to accept the possiblity that Emrys may be human. I refuse to do either. I also believe the Justicar has made a landmark ruling on the issue of forcing Knights to accept challenges. Be a good lad and use the search button.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

I have complete trust that the Justicar will ignore your total balderdash... and most likely mine as well

Perhaps the Faux-Justicar could rule on the matter... oh Boo*?

* most wise & benevolent former-liege

Bah! As if Boo Radley could offer a cogent opinion on whether or not it's raining outside while standing stark naked in front of his double wide while the good Lady Rose hides her eyes in shame and hands him out his raincoat.

V42below is quite correct in all respects ... odd, that chill that just came over me ... must be a cold front from HELL!

There are NO requirements for elevating a Serf to Squire EXCEPT for the acceptance of said Serf on the part of the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread or his designated alternative ... whose capabilities we've already delved.

Further, the Knight who has proposed the SSN for Serfdom HAS the Right of First Refusal, Prime Nochte, etc. etc. etc.

THEREFORE, as painful as it is AND as likely to be rued as it is ...

The Serf known as juan_gigante (spelt but not bolded) is now and shall be considered a Squire of the CessPool and is to acknowledge and follow the instruction (such as it will likely be ... a latchkey Squire would be better off by far) of his Liege Lord Sir V42below.

Knights and Squires of the CessPool make your presence known and greet Squire juan_gigante of the ... uh ... House of Pawbroon?

Good lord IS there such a house?

I'm in El Paso ... where are YOU, eh? Back home on the weekend for TWO WHOLE WEEKS AT A MINIMUM.

Joe

Take a day off, and you can miss a thing or two, I guess. Well, let's see... the sig's changed, I suppose I should find a picture to send the Justicar (of me this time... how I regret the indiscretions of youth), and, well, familiarize myself with the history of the House of Pawbroon, I suppose. Such much to do, so little time!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I don't hate people as a concept, mind you. But their actuality is giving me the red-arse...

That's because you failed to bring unto me booze on Friday. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

I mean, it's my house - I don't have to drive anywhere. Why am I more sober than my guests? Where is the justice in that?

Well, I could point out that I could hit a bloody liquor store with a snowball from your front steps (which I have to figure was a big selling point when you bought the place), so I wouldn't think you'd have roust me out at 10 to 10 in order to get your lazy arse more booze.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going off to watch the very best Christmas Movie ever made, 'We're No Angels', starring Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray, which I have just acquired on DVD.

I figure it's actually the story of the Minnesota Miscreants. I see myself as Jules, the role played by Ustinov, Lars as the Aldo Ray character, Albert, and Papa Khann as the Humphrey Bogart character.

You're either Adolph, the viper, or Cousin Andre as played by Basil Rathbone...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I don't hate people as a concept, mind you. But their actuality is giving me the red-arse...

That's because you failed to bring unto me booze on Friday. </font>

Originally posted by v42below:

...Emrys may be human.

Out of the mouths of babes...and, as in this case, idiots. It is an interesting ontological metaphysical question that this lout has raised. Am I human?

Well, as God-Emperor of the known and unknown universe, in my Divine Essenceness I transcend all categories. But at the same time, as The Omnipotential Omnipresent One, I can and do enter any and all forms whatever and give them their lives and identities from within.

So, in a way, you are both right and wrong. Mostly the latter. As usual.

Now go muck out the stables like a good little moron.

Michael

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

THEREFORE, as painful as it is AND as likely to be rued as it is ...

The Serf known as juan_gigante (spelt but not bolded) is now and shall be considered a Squire of the CessPool and is to acknowledge and follow the instruction (such as it will likely be ... a latchkey Squire would be better off by far) of his Liege Lord Sir V42below.

Wholly terrible ruling if ever I did see… Joe you never fail to surprise me.

It seems bizarre for there to be a squire who has never even challenged his liege but fine… congratulations Squire Juan-gigante and good luck.

You’ll need it of course especially with a ‘liege’ like ‘wot u’ve got’… but don’t fret yourself lad I’ll give you the occasional BOOT as is only your roight & privilege… bricks too, load’s of ‘em!

I know ‘he’s’ your technical liege & all but consider me your ‘proper’ liege & naught too awful can happen to you.

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Take a day off, and you can miss a thing or two, I guess. Well, let's see... the sig's changed, I suppose I should find a picture to send the Justicar (of me this time... how I regret the indiscretions of youth), and, well, familiarize myself with the history of the House of Pawbroon, I suppose. Such much to do, so little time!

Are you done with those, boots yet, lad? It is about time you learn to appreciate the priveleges and responsibilities of belonging to a House of the Royal Line, after all, your Liege was proposed to knighthood, by the Queen of the MBT herself.

...10 minutes before the liquor stores close, you neo-con whore.

Any states that require you to buy beer at liquor stores which close at an unheard of early hour, are not user friendly, nor are they enlightened. One can only hope that soon they will be absorbed by more socially evolved neighboring states.

Perhaps call it... Iowasoda?

Appropriate. In the movie, the character Cousin Andre is a conservative, loveless whoreson who values only money and regards everyone around him as being 'beneath him'. His best line comes when the daughter of the family tells him he's a horrible, vicious person. His reply:

"Your opinion of me has no cash value..."

I like him already. Is the daughter hot?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw: House of Pawbroon

You're quite correct Joe... there is no House Of PawBroon..but there is a Chateau de PawBroon....

Or indeed a Hoose Of PawBroon..

Either way.... welcome to our new recruit.... juan_gigante ..

Originally posted by **YK2**:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw: House of Pawbroon

You're quite correct Joe... there is no House Of PawBroon..but there is a Chateau de PawBroon....

Or indeed a Hoose Of PawBroon..

Either way.... welcome to our new recruit.... juan_gigante .. </font>